Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 04:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatrine View Post
Here is a link to one. No joke I had one in my house when I first moved in, the size of a tarantula.

They are from the same species as brown recluse . Not as poisonous but poisonous non the less. I have these all over out here, but I am in a rural area.

Wont let me add link, .... goto HOBOSPIDER.ORG

Ama
First off, theyre NOT the same genus as a recluse (recluse come from the Loxoceles genus). Secondly, hobo spiders, I dont think, even range into Arizona, theyre mostly a PacNW spider. Thirdly, theyre not the size of tarantulas. Are you sure you didnt see a Huntsman spider? I cant see your pic (comes up as a red X), but those get pretty big, but are harmless. Google "Huntsman spider" or "Heteropoda" and let me know if thats what you saw. A Huntsman and Hobo spiders are completely different.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:17 PM

641 posts, read 2,366,828 times
Ya know, they look like both,lol

I have seen the really huge one when I first moved in, probably huntsman than, but that one last night I killed in the bathroom really looked like a hobo, but maybe it was one of those.

Ama

They all freak me out just the same,lol ugggg

Old 06-25-2008, 11:46 PM

10 posts, read 39,187 times
Default bugs

I've lived in Mesa/Gilbert for 12 years and (knock on wood) have been virtually pest free the whole time. I use Phoenix Pest Control every month and have for most of the years I've lived here. It's about $39/month but I think it's worth it!

Old 06-28-2008, 05:38 PM

70 posts, read 244,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxnomore View Post
I've lived in Mesa/Gilbert for 12 years and (knock on wood) have been virtually pest free the whole time. I use Phoenix Pest Control every month and have for most of the years I've lived here. It's about $39/month but I think it's worth it!
Great info. Do they spray inside too?

Old 06-29-2008, 09:05 AM

99 posts, read 386,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK85297 View Post
I have those same bugs! I think the black ones are earwigs? Or some kind of beetle? We also *had* a big cricket problem.

$25/month sounds maybe too cheap? We use Truly Nolen and they come out every quarter for $100. If you have problems in between, they'll come back. We are just about due for our next quarterly spraying and the earwigs are back in full force!

Truly Nolen has pretty much eliminated the cricket problem entirely, the earwigs come back by the end of the quarter. They have been very professional and courteous and reliable- I might be leery of some of these fly-by-night type companies that seem to pop up all over. I have young children and I don't just want any joe schmoe spraying chemicals willy nilly around my home!

Anyway, bugs are the worst. I highly recommend having a regular pest control company come by for service. If you really hate bugs, you can't make a better use of $100 a quarter! Good luck!
$100 a quarter isn't that $25 a month ?

Old 06-29-2008, 10:27 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
I found a really, really big spider on my front porch, but it had a fatter butt than the Hobo you showed. I have not seen one since. I am ok with most spiders as long as they don't surprise me. If they surprise me, then it is all over.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:31 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Usually I am the one everyone is telling to calm down and stop being such a worrier but you guys need to get over poisoning your selves because your afraid of insect. All that spray is going to give you thyroid cancer and that will be more upsetting than some bugs. Use your shoe and just stomp it or take it out side and throw it in the yard for steve-o. (I have been doing that lately steve-o). Do you guys realize how paranoid you sound, your all bigger than the bugs, come on, brave up a little!!! Spray doesn't work for scorpions so just get a black light and catch them and throw them outside. They don't travel far so just walk out 50 feet from your house. Or put screens on your air ducts but bombing and spraying, and all that crap is really bad for you, a lot worse than even getting a sting from something. Geez la weez, I feel like Ponderosa, no wonder he gets annoyed!!!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 11:18 AM

46 posts, read 139,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I hate bugs but i have yet to get a pest control service for my new house. I have been here a little over 6 months and i see tons of bugs in my house everyday. I have actually sprayed the outside 1 time with some stuff i bought at home depot but the problem seems to be getting worse.

Can you reccomend a good inexpensive pest service in the surprise area? About 25/month maybe..or is that too cheap?

The bug i see most is a tiny little black bug,it doesnt seem to fly but i have no idea what kind it is. I see them crawling all over my carpet and i just suck them up with my central vacuum. Also we have killed a bunch of crickets and other types of bugs but the little black ones i must killed 5-10 everyday. i think they are crawling in my house from under the door.

OH!!!!!! I !!!!!!! HATE!!!!!!! BUGS!!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!

come on people!!!! they're just bugs!!!! tiny little bugs!!!!
maybe you should try eating them as snacks. I have done this, and it really turns your head around on the subject. Suddenly all of those little vermin become a desired and tasty diversion from your otherwise meaningless life!!!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 PM

68 posts, read 334,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishin4sun View Post
$100 a quarter isn't that $25 a month ?
A quarter of a year is 3 months. 3x4=12. 3 months @ $100 = $33.33 per month.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM

99 posts, read 386,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK85297 View Post
A quarter of a year is 3 months. 3x4=12. 3 months @ $100 = $33.33 per month.
Wow I had a blonde moment (no offense blondes) I have been called a PR blonde my whole life lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area