Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:27 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
"Everyone, come look at the freak"! Jerk!!

Believe it or not, dogs too can have handicaps.
sorry there guy, i wasn't expectin it so it freaked da freak me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 AM

611 posts, read 1,991,431 times
Why would you not be concerned with theft and burglary? More home owners are shot in during those types of crimes than by gang bangers.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:47 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
sorry there guy, i wasn't expectin it so it freaked da freak me out!

Your first comment was kind of funny, the second was a bit mean.

No biggie, I'll let it go.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Your first comment was kind of funny, the second was a bit mean.

No biggie, I'll let it go.
thanks dog....sorry im a straight shooter

Old 08-07-2008, 08:00 AM

470 posts, read 1,707,934 times
Aww, I thought the dog was winking. Very cute dog! Would like to play tug of war with him.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzer View Post
Aww, I thought the dog was winking. Very cute dog! Would like to play tug of war with him.
now that is funny Suze!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:00 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times
how would you define someone who used to be, say, a charity worker, and decided to become a Realtor?

I'd say they probably went from helping the world to helping themselves.

Someone who became a realtor very recently is probably a few years too late. You are not likely to get very much support on here as most of us are very internet savvy and do our own research and marketing when we buy and sell. Even "seasoned" realtors are not likely to be very kind to you as they are fed up with all of the newbies looking for a quick buck.

Some guy who's wife is a realtor might defend realtors with you, but he won't be listing with you as he will use his wife, so even that doesn't help you very much if you are looking for new clients here.

In my humble opinion....the function of a 6% realtor is now limited to people who are moving to a new city and have absolutely no idea where they want to live. They need information about school systems, job opportunities, crime statistics, and a plethera of other information, and they are going to want to be chauffered from Glendale to Gilbert over several weekends and you are really going to earn your half of that 6%.

If you signed up for that, then I fully support you

Last edited by Beena; 08-07-2008 at 03:08 PM..

Old 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM

824 posts, read 2,336,196 times
Quote:
"The house is located on Waddell and Thunderbird."
Thunderbird Road turns into Waddell Road when you cross the line from El Mirage to Surprise. So, if the house is actually in Surprise, Thunderbird would not be the location.

Post the subdivision name if you know it, or direct message the address and I will give you feedback on the safety of the location.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:11 PM

64 posts, read 216,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
how would you define someone who used to be, say, a charity worker, and decided to become a Realtor?

I'd say they probably went from helping the world to helping themselves.
So character is malleable and defined purely by role? Are you a selfish and immoral person unless you work in a 'caring' or charitable profession?

Quote:
Someone who became a realtor very recently is probably a few years too late.
Too late for what?

Quote:
You are not likely to get very much support on here as most of us are very internet savvy and do our own research and marketing when we buy and sell.
A very wise move, and one I recommend to anyone. I guess some people think the role of a professional supplements research they do themselves. Still, 'support' aside, I don't think that explains why some people feel it is acceptable to insult strangers based on their choice of occupation.

Quote:
Even "seasoned" realtors are not likely to be very kind to you as they are fed up with all of the newbies looking for a quick buck.
Because, of course, that's what all the 'newbies' are after, as opposed to a long-term referral-based career, as your own boss, with flexible hours, setting your own income, working directly with people. Do you think a crashed housing market is going to attract a lot of newbies looking for a quick buck?

Quote:
Some guy who's wife is a realtor might defend realtors with you, but he won't be listing with you as he will use his wife, so even that doesn't help you very much if you are looking for new clients here.
Well I'm gutted of course, but in all honesty, an anonymous web-forum is not exactly a hot-bed of leads.

Quote:
In my humble opinion....the function of a 6% realtor is now limited to people who are moving to a new city and have absolutely no idea where they want to live. They need information about school systems, job opportunities, crime statistics, and a plethera of other information, and they are going to want to be chauffered from Glendale to Gilbert over several weekends and you are really going to earn your half of that 6%.
Thank you for recognizing that the fee Realtors charge to cover expenses and make a living is fair. And you are quite right, Realtors do provide a useful service to people relocating. There are quite a lot of these in Arizona.

It also seems as if Realtors are in far more demand by buyers in a market awash with foreclosures and short-sales, as the transactions are much more complex than a regular resale. Selling your home without professional support and an online listing network is also very challenging in a bear market. I'm sure you'll agree it's a positive result of the market crash that many of the 'quick-buck' Realtors have left the business.

Of course, if I knew what you did for a living I'd happily provide you with my analysis of your income and profession.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:17 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFSChick View Post
So character is malleable and defined purely by role? Are you a selfish and immoral person unless you work in a 'caring' or charitable profession?

Too late for what?

A very wise move, and one I recommend to anyone. I guess some people think the role of a professional supplements research they do themselves. Still, 'support' aside, I don't think that explains why some people feel it is acceptable to insult strangers based on their choice of occupation.

Because, of course, that's what all the 'newbies' are after, as opposed to a long-term referral-based career, as your own boss, with flexible hours, setting your own income, working directly with people. Do you think a crashed housing market is going to attract a lot of newbies looking for a quick buck?

Well I'm gutted of course, but in all honesty, an anonymous web-forum is not exactly a hot-bed of leads.

Thank you for recognizing that the fee Realtors charge to cover expenses and make a living is fair. And you are quite right, Realtors do provide a useful service to people relocating. There are quite a lot of these in Arizona.

It also seems as if Realtors are in far more demand by buyers in a market awash with foreclosures and short-sales, as the transactions are much more complex than a regular resale. Selling your home without professional support and an online listing network is also very challenging in a bear market. I'm sure you'll agree it's a positive result of the market crash that many of the 'quick-buck' Realtors have left the business.

Of course, if I knew what you did for a living I'd happily provide you with my analysis of your income and profession.
Yeah, I agree with you on all points.

Hasn't ANYONE ever heard about someone becoming a realtor for the love of doing real estate and NOT for the money??? Seriously?

I was going to post my situation as well to prove a point. What about a psychotherapist going into real estate? Does that make ME a bad person? I happen to love real estate and sometimes think I'd like it more than counseling. The money might be more, but so what?

Not all realtors are out for themselves and for money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area