Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 11:08 PM

116 posts, read 368,465 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear from others hear about how you all spend your weekend time.

Ive lived here in the Phx metro over 15 years now, and just wondered what others are doing.

We usually go out to eat at a favorite restaurant,
Can the moderator sticky this thread please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 11:11 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,355,517 times
Saturday the wifey and I drove to San Diego, had the real Chinese food we can't find here in Phoenix, did it again for dinner and had dim sum the next day. We went to Yuma on Sunday to visit family and then to San Luis, Mexico to remind ourselves how good we have it. Next weekend I'll probably ride my motorcycle into the bush around Payson or Camp Verde. When it cools off some more, I'll head out to shoot with friends in the desert.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:23 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
I know quite a few people who never have weekends off. Is this thread meant only for those who have "weekends" (i.e., Saturdays and Sundays) available to them?

Old 09-02-2008, 11:23 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,165,894 times
Some Friday mornings I go see a movie, sometimes I'll exercise, and Sundays I do laundry. There are some other things, but mostly I do stuff around the house, have lunch with a friend and leave time open for something to come up. I also like to read.

I RARELY leave town or do anything touristy. I don't like crowds or people in general.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:42 PM

116 posts, read 368,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
I know quite a few people who never have weekends off. Is this thread meant only for those who have "weekends" (i.e., Saturdays and Sundays) available to them?
I recognize that people work on saturdays and sundays, but yes, meant for saturday and sunday regardless if you work those days, example, ...maybe after work...etc.

Things in the past
having smaller children sure does influence things we do.
my youngest is now a young man almost finishing up high school but in the past, comic book stores hold card tournaments, nba nfl and mlb games are fun to attend. the park that has railroad rides in scottsdale was fun, rides out of town to disneyland and other attraction theme parks and las vegas.

nowadays a few years ago i found a weekly car show that yields all kinds of local car owners. More shopping malls to go to. westgate, desert ridge and tempe marketplace have local bands to entertain us for free.

excursions to jerome, prescott, and other northern arizona cities like sedona and flagsstaff are easy to do.

yardwork uggggh, poolside, aahhhhhh

Old 09-03-2008, 12:09 AM

919 posts, read 3,395,544 times
- downtown farmer's market on Sat. AM
- long breakfasts/brunches with friends
- In the summer, pool parties. In the fall, football games (college, where we try to find other almuns in the area)
- hit the nursery for plants. Bakers, Berridges, etc.
- road trips to higher elevations within 100 miles
- looking forward to fall festivals, etc.

One thing I'd like to do this fall is visit more of the resorts we're known for and see if I can steal some of their ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area