Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 12:36 PM

270 posts, read 1,109,896 times

Advertisements

I have an appt mid Nov (mid-day on a Friday) around McDowell and N. Central, Phx. Because I have not ventured into Phx since I moved here, I went there last night to check out parking options.
I found few places I could park over 2 hours, either using a parking meter or in a lot. Side streets in the neighborhood either do not have parking zone, or have only reserved residents parking.
So I want to ask if any of you have any suggestion on where i would find parking? I do plan to be there an hour before my appt, so I am prepared to walk a bit if I have to. I also do not mind paid-parking lots.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 01:04 PM

2,786 posts, read 7,448,732 times
Most businesses in the area have their own parking lots or garages. Have you checked with the person you have the appointment with?

If that's not feasible, you might try the lots at Hance Park. There's one at the east end accessible from 3rd St. and one at the west end accessible from Culver St. Hance Park is about three blocks south of McDowell.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:11 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,940,499 times
You can park for free at the Burton Barr Library just a block south or I'm thinking possibly at the Phoenix Art Museum just north of McDowell.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:41 PM

270 posts, read 1,109,896 times
Thanks for the help so far! I appreciate it.

When I drove by that area, I traveled south to the art museum and the church next door. There are parking spaces, and they are probably free, but I could not predict if it/they get fill up quickly after 9am on a weekday. East to the residential neighborhood and most of the curbside parking are reserved. West of Central, I found some meters and an elevated parking lot @ Holly and 1st, but it looks like a private lot. I did not venture west of 1st ave, because it was getting too late.
I am hoping to find a parking garage walking distance away from that intersection, just in case I could not find any space close by.
I could not really call the office where I need to go and ask about parking, because their customer service # is a call center in SC. They have not been able to help in my parking dilemma.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:24 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,940,499 times
Again, the Burton Barr library should be just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area