Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:32 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
I definitely have seen the re-list after "non-sale" thing a few times in 2008. It pales in comparison to the sort of DOM manipuation that I used to see starting in early 2006 when houses first began sitting unsold for months. Back then, I would estimate that a quarter of the listings I read had some sort of manipulation. I only read MLS listings for my own knowledge, so I generally limit myself to North Peoria and Surprise.

I do not recall the address of the most recent one, but if you feel that you would be more successful in reporting than me simply clicking on the report link, I would be glad to DM the next suspect listing that I see. Keep in mind, I peruse only a handful per week, so it may take some time.
Jack, I don't know if I would be any more successful than you, however, I would be happy to report any if you send me the mls number. I can do it with a click of the mouse and a brief description.

Barry, they have added a field for Special Listing Conditions that includes Lender owned, Auction, Relo/Corp Approval, among others. They recently added Short Sale Apprvl Required. Hopefully all agents will begin filling out that field properly.

Regarding not listing HOA fees, I think most of that is laziness on the part of the listing agent. Some may think it's too high and not fill out that field. Many never add the transfer fees, and I understand that they are now getting to enforce that more.

I know a lot of agents and brokers who report every violation they see, and I'm one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 11:38 AM

595 posts, read 2,308,536 times
And let's not forget pending litigation.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:09 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryhussein View Post
And let's not forget pending litigation.
Barry, below is a link to the ARS 33-1806 which states the information that is required to be disclosed by the HOA upon resale of a property.

Format Document

There is no field on the mls listing sheet for pending litigation. That is something that the HOA is required to disclose in their Disclosure report when they receive notice of the property being transferred.

Of 12 fields in that HOA section, the are only 4 required fields:

Is there an HOA
PAD fee
Land Lease Fee
Capital Improvement Fee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: