Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 06:04 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,698,737 times

Advertisements

I want to fix my problem, but i don't want to continue to hop and skip to doctors leaving a $20 trail behind me. Can anyone recommend a good doctor in one of those categories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,268,010 times
Just so we can avoid going over ground already covered, what have the doctors you have already seen told you?

Old 02-03-2009, 07:36 PM

All i can give is locations and not necessarily doctor names. I know this isn't much help, but this is all i have, as i can only remember one doctor. Family doctor diagnostics, nothing is wrong with me.

Indian School and 32nd st, Arcadia family care
Jennifer A. King Osbourne Family care
Nerologist down the street, im sorry thats all i remember, you can walk from her office to this doctor,old creepy man that tests you with needles and hammers.
Dr. John L. Jensen, MD‎ Mesa,AZ and another recommended doctor by this office.
MRI done at neurology office in the biltmore area off of Highland and 24th st?

My memory keeps getting worse as days go by, i continue requiring more and more sleep, im a nervous mess, pulling out hair and skin on a daily basis(scratching), it becomes hard to translate whats in my mind into words,in turn making me sound retarded.

With the symptoms i need to either get subscribed to a chill pill, subscribed sleep pill, or something is wrong my nerves or brain.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:39 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
I want to fix my problem, but i don't want to continue to hop and skip to doctors leaving a $20 trail behind me. Can anyone recommend a good doctor in one of those categories?
Go to Barrow Neurological / St. Josephs Hospital. They are one of the premiere brain / neurological facilities in the US. At Thomas and 3rd Ave. Plus, they have some programs for people who can't afford all the expense.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:52 PM

Its a Hospital, so would they allow someone to come without a doctor recommendation?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:42 PM

549 posts, read 1,559,388 times
Quote:
They're a little off the beaten track, but Drs. Troy Anderson and Dr. Marc Wasserman at Phoenix Neurology and Sleep Medicine in Litchfield Park are quite good. Dr. Derry Johnson - who I believe works on the north side of Phoenix - is also excellent, as are Dr. Barry Hendin and Dr. Stuart Hetrick.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Its a Hospital, so would they allow someone to come without a doctor recommendation?
Well, you would have to be admitted by a doctor, normally. But they may have clinics there that would work with you through one of their doctors. Call or check their site online. It's worth a try. Or, you could contact Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. You can just go see doctors there.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,502 times
I know this is probably a little to late, but i recently had a pretty bad time sleeping and a good friend of mine recommended Dr. Seyed Javadpoor in mesa. I went to them and their office staff was extremely nice and respectful. they have a website, eastvalleypulmonary.com, and i would definitely recommend them. They are worth it. Thanks for reading.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:18 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
There are doctors who have their medical practice's offices there at the hospital. You would not necessarily be admitted to the hospital right off the bat. I would definitely contact BNI (Barrows Neurological Institute) to get some direction, as was suggested in the earlier thread. There is no better facility in the world for neurological issues. I doubt that your primary problem is a sleep disorder, but they can work through all that.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
You need to see a neurologist. I recommend Dr. Jonathan Hodgson. He is board certified in neurology and completed fellowships in the field as well. There are more famous doctors at St. Joes but more famous usually means poorer service. I've seen Dr. Hodgson treat patients and he is exactly what you want in a neurologist. He doesn't see a lot of patients a day. He spends 30 minutes on average with patients because he LISTENS. He forms his opinions after listening to the patients and gathering all the information about them. And he spends a lot of time with patients on followup visits too. I would drive whatever time it took to see him in Gilbert. His physical exam is very complete as well.

Gilbert Neurology
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area