Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 01:22 PM

107 posts, read 1,202,915 times

Advertisements

Well we've done it. We just listed our house in the Omaha, Ne area and have decided on Arizona to move to. I just don't know where. I loved Mesa every time I visited. I even tried out for the Biggest Loser last year at the Superstition mall! (haha and they didn't pick me and I'm 65 pounds lighter thank you very much BL!)

Anyhoo, we want to put our soon to be Kindergartener in private Christian school. Does anyone know where there is a good school in the Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, etc. area? Right now we're up in the air on just where to move to. Depends on the job hunting I guess. I just don't want to be a minority in what ever neighborhood I move to. I don't mind it being a complete mix of everyone. And of course it has to have the school we're looking for. I have too other munchkins that will be going there in a couple years. Thanks ahead of time. After this it's asking about great non-denominational churches!

Rebecca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM

482 posts, read 1,371,471 times
About 12 years ago, my boss's son was attending Scottsdale Christian. They were very pleased and stated no way Jose on sending Junior to Paradise Valley Schools (which, in fairness, are decent).

Old 04-06-2009, 02:37 PM

587 posts, read 1,419,740 times
Not too familiar with Christian schools on that side of town, but will suggest Willow Creek Association - find a church for searching for a non-denominational church.

There are some fabulous bible-based churches in the valley and most of them are members of that association ~ we've found it to be a great tool for finding churches to visit in different areas, etc!

Good luck!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:44 PM

16 posts, read 26,513 times
Thats a great link intmd8r! I goto the actual Willow Creek and will be in Tempe in June. I was very happy to see they have a lot of options out there because I have been to many churches here in college and NOTHING compares to how good they are there.

You goto a specific one you like a lot? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:23 PM

587 posts, read 1,419,740 times
Yes, we go to Palm Valley Church out here in Goodyear and really love it ~ they have FANTASTIC children's ministries that really get the kids involved and excited.

We are actually relocating OUT of the valley and are going to miss our church SO MUCH. It was the hardest part of our decision because we're really involved with our church ~ it's our family and it's going to be hard to leave.

We also know people who have attended/served/worked at at CCV (Christ's Church of the Valley) which is up north of us at Happy Valley / 67th Ave (I think that's in Peoria) and it really sounds like they're getting it done there. We've thought about visiting them from time to time, but it's pretty far north of us.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:12 PM

107 posts, read 1,202,915 times
Wow thanks for the great link!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:47 PM

942 posts, read 2,519,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intmd8r View Post
Yes, we go to Palm Valley Church out here in Goodyear and really love it ~ they have FANTASTIC children's ministries that really get the kids involved and excited.

We are actually relocating OUT of the valley and are going to miss our church SO MUCH. It was the hardest part of our decision because we're really involved with our church ~ it's our family and it's going to be hard to leave.

We also know people who have attended/served/worked at at CCV (Christ's Church of the Valley) which is up north of us at Happy Valley / 67th Ave (I think that's in Peoria) and it really sounds like they're getting it done there. We've thought about visiting them from time to time, but it's pretty far north of us.
Wanted to say that Palm Valley Church is excellent!! Our daughter attends Trinity Lutheran School in Litchfield Park and we've been quite satisfied, except when I have to write the check!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:34 PM

3 posts, read 15,313 times
We live in Mesa and have our son in Trinity Baptist but it is only thru Kindergarten. We looked into Grace Christian in Tempe last year which goes through 8th grade. Looked like an excellent program but we didn't want to spend an hour and a half driving everyday for him to be in school for 3 hours so for the time being we put him in one closer to home at Trinity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area