Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,740,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
Alta Phoenix Lofts on 5th and Van Buren started out as condo's but are now rentals
Are you sure about that? I can find web references as far back as 2005 calling Alta Phoenix an apartment development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,938,126 times
Not to mention that they are on 5th and Fillmore, not Van Buren.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:52 AM

837 posts, read 2,334,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Are you sure about that? I can find web references as far back as 2005 calling Alta Phoenix an apartment development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Not to mention that they are on 5th and Fillmore, not Van Buren.

I stand corrected

Old 05-07-2009, 10:42 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,057,787 times
sorry to ask about downtown Tempe, but does anybody know about the current status of Centerpoint?....

last I heard it was pretty much stalled almost finished, but not quite....no new action, no occupants, just stalled....

am I right?.....any inside dirt on the joint?.....I just flew into Sky Harbor on Tuesday and looked down on it and I don't think I could sleep at night if I lived there with planes cruising by somewhat close to the building!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:56 AM

919 posts, read 3,394,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
sorry to ask about downtown Tempe, but does anybody know about the current status of Centerpoint?....

last I heard it was pretty much stalled almost finished, but not quite....no new action, no occupants, just stalled....

am I right?.....any inside dirt on the joint?.....I just flew into Sky Harbor on Tuesday and looked down on it and I don't think I could sleep at night if I lived there with planes cruising by somewhat close to the building!
The project stalled when the main lender, Mortgages Limited, collapsed, but it seems the developer has found new funding. The towers in place were just a couple of many in Tempe due to be built, but Centerpoint was almost done before things turned (not just with the lender, but the whole market). That said, it would seem they'll have a tough time restarting the sales process at the prices they wanted a couple of years ago. They do seem nice and have a great location, though I agree the constant drone of landing planes would probably drive me batty as well. As much as I love planes and generally tend to not notice them, it's an entirely different matter when right under their final landing approach 24x7!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:23 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,057,787 times
actually, am more worried about a plane hitting the Centerpoint building rather than the noise...sorry, didn't make myself clear....I know a plane strike is highly unlikely, though

also, did the project in Tempe that was going to feature a Whole Foods on its first floor even get started??...I remember ads heavily touting that store being in the project....was it called Mosaic?.....

thanks again

Old 05-14-2009, 09:43 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,568,637 times
Not-worth-it HOA fees are my suspicion.

Let's say your monthly property tax is $200 on one of those modern lofts. Add $500 HOA and you have $700. Oh, insurance? Forgot that. I have a 2 bedroom 2 bath luxury apartment that is gated and QUIET and near a park and it's about $750 per month when I renew the lease this Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
Anyone know whats the deal with 44 Monroe, and Central condo's? They're both completed but virtualy empty

Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 PM

919 posts, read 3,394,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Not-worth-it HOA fees are my suspicion.

Let's say your monthly property tax is $200 on one of those modern lofts. Add $500 HOA and you have $700. Oh, insurance? Forgot that. I have a 2 bedroom 2 bath luxury apartment that is gated and QUIET and near a park and it's about $750 per month when I renew the lease this Fall.
Yeah - be careful of the monthly fees. I saw a pretty cool loft/condo going for about $260K in a hip development, but the HOA was something like $650 a month. That's a pretty hefty extra monthly bill for a place with shared grounds, etc. I'm not sure what that included, but for me it would need to cover utilities, groceries and the car payment!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:08 PM

145 posts, read 645,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I'm snooping around on MLS and man I was I was in the position to buy right now. Prices are low as hell on some older units and even some of the new stuff that was outrageous is finally becoming a little more reasonable.

Check some of these out...

44 Monroe
1344 sq ft
10th floor
$323,890

Summit @ Copper Square
19th floor!
966 sq ft
$295,000

Stadium Lofts
1,114 sq ft
$149,900

Landmark Towers (Central & Camelback)
17th floor!
702 sq ft
$35,000

And the rock bottom priced, though very small...

Landmark Towers (Central & Camelback)
440 sq ft
$27,000

I would freaking love that unit at 44 Monroe. Weren't they going for like $400,000+ for a 900 sq ft unit when it opened?

how crappy is the landmark towers one? the area? for that price it must be like a motel 6, right? isn't it near the county hospital?

Old 05-15-2009, 12:18 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,696,204 times
It isn't that bad. It is near a light rail station and there is a high school. There is a VA hospital on 7th st and Indian school, but no other until you hit Thomas and central.

If this was 2 years ago I would be interested in those places, but usually cheap condos like this come with very high HOA fees. My buddy bought a condo when the economy was good at 80,000 in a resort style community, but they charge him anywhere from 500 to 600 extra in HOA fees for a pool, grass, and a land lease. Due to the growing listings at landmark i wouldn't be surprised if the HOA fees were similar or higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: