Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:13 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,945,240 times

Advertisements

I know...the title sounds like some real estate pitch, but trust me, I'm not affiliated with this apartment complex or the neighborhood.

I was in the area today and had my camera with me and after seeing a lot of people ask about downtown, especially people moving here from the east coast that want to still get that "city feel", I decided to snap a few shots of what in my opinion is the best residential pocket downtown.

The area is bound by Central Ave to 3rd Ave, and Roosevelt to Portland Streets.
As the pictures show, this clearly is not what typical Phoenix looks like and really looks more like something pulled straight out of an east coast city and transplanted here.
I don't know all the details of the buildings, but from driving by I noticed a few retail/service spots, a couple restaurants, a beautiful park, and light rail station literally right outside.

I've asked before...but if A) you are renting an apartment and B) you are working downtown...then why on earth would you not live in a place like this vs a suburb complex with a 45+ minute commute?

Light rail station directly out front.

Italian Grocery and Deli on the corner.

Residential street in area.

Chain restaurants/coffee in unique buildings within walking distance.

Last edited by HX_Guy; 04-02-2008 at 06:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 05:20 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,169,481 times
One cool thing about that complex is that you walk directly across the street to the Phoenix Public Market. They have it Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings. Local flavor or food, art, music, etc.

If I were to move here, I would look into living downtown as it's becoming pretty darn nice.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:27 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
I love those pictures. Very cool neighborhood. Any idea on the cost of rent downtown? LOL

Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 PM

865 posts, read 2,432,509 times
Great pix! You make an excellent point. For us personally, with 3 kids ages 4 and under, we're probably better of in a MPC, but for a young couple......absolutely!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:13 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,945,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I love those pictures. Very cool neighborhood. Any idea on the cost of rent downtown? LOL
It's can be a bit more expensive depending on what other area you are comparing with (Scottsdale vs. Peoria vs. Downtown for example) but according to their website prices range from $705 to $1520.

Roosevelt Square Apartments Phoenix, AZ - Apartments for Rent in Phoenix Arizona

Old 04-02-2008, 06:17 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,209,752 times
That's pretty nice. Nothing like downtown Cleveland where I came from. I'm not really into the "urban" type thing, but if I were, these pictures are nice. The first few pics do indeed look like some of the closer in suburbs around Cleveland. Except for the palm trees. And a few others minor differences. Like the lack of graffiti. And the lack of trash laying on the street. And that the buildings and windows and doors are all intact. And the drug dealer or hoodlum arent sitting or laying on the sidewalks. And the missing bullet holes in the vehicles and windows. And the dozen broken down cars missing assorted body pieces or possessing body pieces which obviously belonged to different cars which arent sitting at the curb. And that young girls are actually walking around alone unaccompanied. AND IT IS ACTUALLY SUNNY. lol! ;-)

Old 04-02-2008, 06:58 PM

94 posts, read 395,045 times
Those do look quite nice, although after visiting the complex's web site, I have to say the kitchen would be a major strike against these apartments for me. This is consistent with other Greystone properties I saw; they really seem to skimp on the cabinetry and appliances. The only exception was Citi on Camelback, which is a mixed condo-rental community, so I suppose they realized they couldn't get away with cheap kitchens if they wanted to sell any units.

Last edited by Plin; 04-02-2008 at 07:17 PM..

Old 04-02-2008, 07:05 PM

162 posts, read 543,323 times
HX_guy:

Thanks for the photos, I love when u post pics!! It gets me Sooooo excited to move to the area (mid-may).

The bright blue, sunny sky...awesome!!

Old 04-02-2008, 07:16 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,919 times
Beautiful! Looks like East Coast and West Coast (Palm Trees) combined! Very tempting!

Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 PM

25 posts, read 105,826 times
Those apt complexes are ok; I had a friend seriously consider them but decided the construction on Central Ave. was too much to deal with.

That said, that place is much better than the Summit at Copper Square. My buddy was so upset at the Summit he's thinking about suing the developer and the management company. Avoid the Summit at all costs. Just a word to the wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area