Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:58 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enattitude View Post
My brother is the owner and main employee of his own home/apartment company. He has done quite well up until the last 6 months or so.
He tells me that it is so bad, builders are practically giving away their work or properties.
And still no buyers. They are all losing their, well everything. Many have already quit taking jobs, and are just hoping to get out with their own homes.
Quite sad.
He is in NM, but it is happening nationwide. Won't go into the politics.
Personally, I would neither try to buy or sell until mid 2008 and see how the boats are rocking.

Good Luck.

It's not good, my better half just got back from Phoenix and it was a really depressing trip for him. He talked to many of his friends from different builders who have been cut. I'm not talking about the construction workers either, I'm talking mid to upper management and all are suffering.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 24,404 times
Well, to be fair, the warranty rep called a former supervisor to confirm our story and discovered we are being honest after all. It gives me a little hope that something might get done. Supposedly the work is going to be scheduled. Know this...I will keep you informed because I have been told that even if a company ceases operations under one name, the same ppl just start up a new company with a new name later. If that happens, then I will let you know how they dealt with us concerning our warranty issues.

Again, to be fair, we love our house and will end up fixing items ourselves no matter what they do, but my attitude is that you should ALWAYS do the right thing or it is guaranteed to bite you later...new company or not. It now seems that the subcontractors don't want to deal with them so that may be a reputation killer...and a minor pain in the neck for us.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:50 AM

682 posts, read 2,566,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAcacia View Post
..I will keep you informed because I have been told that even if a company ceases operations under one name, the same ppl just start up a new company with a new name later. If that happens, then I will let you know how they dealt with us concerning our warranty issues.
Please keep us informed. I think that Hacienda has some really nice floor plans. I do not care for most of the areas that they are/were building though.

altus2006

Old 06-02-2008, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 24,404 times
Final report on our 30 day punch list with Hacienda Builders. We are all finished and have finally completed our list and the main items have been taken care of. All things considered, we hope we don't have anything else come up. Communication is just all right, not great, but that's just how things are in this current market. The big thing is that the bump in the wall is completely fixed and refinished.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:25 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,529,014 times
Hacienda seems to have abandoned their models in our community, the landscaping is dying and they are the only models that seem to have no activity.
They have also been removed from the MPC website.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:44 AM

682 posts, read 2,566,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Baker View Post
Get on line and send a complaint to the ROC.. Would be the first thing I would do.. No, that I have done. As for Anthem.. No that is on the east side of the freeway.. All of Hacienda homes are on the West side.. And all of there models and there specs have letters that they are going to Auction and the models they packed up and are not there anymore.. I know of a contractor that lives by us and he knows Moderator cut: inappropriate every well and he said that its only days now.. They are working on it trying to figure out what to do.. So BK is in the works..
Do you know if these models have been auctioned yet? I followed the last big auction and did not see anything listed that looked like a new Hacienda home.

altus2006

Last edited by aj661; 07-17-2008 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: defamation issues related to using a person's name

Old 07-02-2008, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 23,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altus2006 View Post
Do you know if these models have been auctioned yet? I followed the last big auction and did not see anything listed that looked like a new Hacienda home.

altus2006
They still have the papers on the windows that they are going.. With no dates on them at all.. And as of two days ago the papers are still on there..

Old 10-26-2008, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 6,187 times
Smile Hacienda good or bad

I have no issues with them, This is the 4th new home I have had built and Hacienda has been the best I have ran into. they had inspected the home just before my final insp and identified all the minor issues I found and had them repaired before I signed my loan papers, Any other that has came up in the first year were taken care of quickly. Up to and including the last week of my warrenty ( The last week of my year I reported an issue with a ground fault circuit, It was repaired 4 days ago with no hassle at all for me).
Sorry to hear of problems that some have had, I will admitt that it was disturbing to find they quit selling in my tract have turned the remaining lot and spec homes over to the bank, But I guess that is the result of the economy. This is just my experence with them, And if I ever need another house built I would go with them again in a better economy.
Cain't say IM overly thrilled with the HOA but thats another story, Not a builder issue

Steve
Castiac By The Lakes
Maricopa AZ

Old 11-22-2008, 11:59 AM

4 posts, read 18,647 times
Default Hacienda Good or Bad

I have to agree with Slider1. My wife and I love our Hacienda Home in Tartesso and have not had one single problem in the year and a half we have lived in it. Lets not all forget that the problem is the economy and not the home builder. When you look at the overall economy you will see that there our thousands of people in trouble in all facets of life due to economy and that is because like Hacienda they made decisions based on what seemed like a good economy and could not foresee things going south so yes it is very bad thay they went under especially when I live in a sub-division in Tartesso that is only about 20% complete and that the rest is still vacant lots. Again not all Hacienda's fault but the economy's. Look at how many thousands of people are in foreclosure right now. Again not the fault of all of them but the economy. I lost my job of 5 years shortly after moving into my beautiful new home in Tartesso and it was a rough go of it for a while. Again I did not foresee what was going to happen job wise it just did. There was a independent home inspector that just inspected most of the homes in my sub-division and he stated that all the homes are in tip top shape and were constructed very well. This is what Hacienda was known for as well as excellent customer service. So any that are having problems I feel bad for you but again not as much Hacienda's fault but more the fault of of the economy. I too would buy from them again in a heartbeat if their construction standards remain the same and their excellent customer service remain the same and of corse if they economy were to climb and do well again. I wish them best and I wish all you who are having problems the best as well. Several of my neighbors feel the same too. So in closing I would advise that you not be careful of just Hacienda or Encanta but all home builders in this very slow economy because they could end up in the same situation. However for those of you waitng until things pick up and start to well again do not count Hacienda/Ecanta out as I think you too will be very pleased at the end result.

VMTartesso

Last edited by vmtartesso; 11-22-2008 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: grammer errors

Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 AM

609 posts, read 2,118,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
i am interested in the floor plans, however, i'd like some info...what was your experience with them?
Look here it may answer your question

http://www.re.state.az.us/PUBLIC_INFO/Documents/Homebuilders_In_Trouble.pdf (broken link)

double click on the list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area