Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 12:28 PM

181 posts, read 697,179 times

Advertisements

Settler's Point neighborhood is close to my kids school and employer. I am thinking to look for a house in Settler's Point area. What you think? Houses there already / will lose a lot of value? People there are well to do? Anything I need to know about Settler's Point? Thank you very much for your suggestons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 11:00 PM

68 posts, read 334,296 times
I live very close to this area and I find it a wonderful community to live in. It's not fancy or full of the kind of amenities you'd find at, say, Val Vista Lakes or Power Ranch- but it's a good, solid neighborhood with mostly upper middle class to middle class families. It's quiet and clean and comfortable and the homes are spacious and laid out well (at least all the homes I've been in since moving to the area).

This isn't a prestigious place- no one is going to gasp when you say "I live in Settler's Point!" but anyone who knows the area knows that it's just a typical, nice, quiet and well-kept Gilbert subdivision. If you need pools or tennis courts, this isn't the place for you (although Lifetime Fitness is just around the corner and most of the neighbors around here seem to belong) but if you are looking for the kind of place where you'll likely know your neighbors and won't hear police cars or see graffiti, with safe parks and clean streets, this is good!

It really depends on what you are looking for in a subdivision, but like I said- I think Settler's Point is about as decent, middle-of-the-road Gilbert as one can get. There are finer subdivisions and there are lesser ones to be sure...

Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 PM

181 posts, read 697,179 times
Thank you for the reply. I will consider it. Any diversity populations there? I will like to see some diversity there.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:02 AM

68 posts, read 334,296 times
I would say it's reasonably diverse- for Gilbert. Gilbert in itself is not a super diverse community, but as far as Gilbert goes, I would say that there is a decent amount of diversity- my child goes to the elementary school in the community, so I'm basing my info on that...I haven't, like, canvassed door to door or anything. I am Caucasian myself, but if I were not I don't believe I would feel out of place in this neighborhood...it's not a white enclave or anything.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:22 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
People of all cultures seem to get along well in Gilbert. I live in Val Vistal Lakes, and in my small sub division or 39 homes there are Chinese, Hispanic (my wife), Japanese, and one mixed family with black wife & caucasian husband who have several children. The children of all these families blend and play well together.

I expect it is the same throughout Gilbert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: