Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 AM

304 posts, read 856,614 times

Advertisements

I Noticed That There Are Alot Of Homes For Sale In This Community, Is That A Bad Thing? If Not, Please Tell Me About This Community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 09:46 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
I Noticed That There Are Alot Of Homes For Sale In This Community, Is That A Bad Thing? If Not, Please Tell Me About This Community.

No not a bad thing, people are trying to sell their houses before the market goes down further and I'm sure a lot of those signs represent lots of speculators that bought now want to dump. Power Ranch is nice though.

Could be also people with ARMS that can longer afford the payments.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:12 PM

647 posts, read 3,341,373 times
There are a lot of homes for sale everywhere - not just Power Ranch. Don't let that scare you off. Power Ranch is very nice. I agree with Sheena - it's probably a combo of investors selling, people can't afford their ARMS, or are coming up on their 2 yrs of owning so they can move locally without paying capital gains.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:51 AM

7 posts, read 78,599 times
We have to move to Az from Austin, Tx ,for spouse's job............Want to buy because hate to rent. Looking for a good neighborhood that wasn't too long of a drive to airport in a golf community. Long story longer- Power Ranch and Seville were the two neighborhoods I thought looked like a sound investment for living and future resale.
Any thoughts???
I know this is a buyers market, which I'm really thankful for, but do you think 90% of asking price is on target? I get this based on a variety of sold info in last 3 months.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:28 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altongirl View Post
We have to move to Az from Austin, Tx ,for spouse's job............Want to buy because hate to rent. Looking for a good neighborhood that wasn't too long of a drive to airport in a golf community. Long story longer- Power Ranch and Seville were the two neighborhoods I thought looked like a sound investment for living and future resale.
Any thoughts???
I know this is a buyers market, which I'm really thankful for, but do you think 90% of asking price is on target? I get this based on a variety of sold info in last 3 months.
I'd say try to get it for the lowest price possible whatever that may be. With so many houses on the market you have some buying power. Some people really need to sell while others don't.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,923 times
Red face Power Ranch

Power Ranch is a great comm... It remindz me of the Anthem comm... If u have children, it would be idea... Im tryen 2 find a home 2 rent there now...

Old 01-10-2008, 10:34 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altongirl View Post
Any thoughts???
Altongirl, Power Ranch and Seville are both great areas, and they have their differences. Seville is a golf community and Power Ranch isn't. Seville is a newer community.

Many residents in Power Ranch had begun to move up to larger properties, and bought another home before selling theirs. Then the market came to a halt, and their homes are still sitting on the market. Others were investors, while others bought at the height of the market swing, and since then need to sell, but owe more than the current value.

It is a great area, with a great elementary/junior high school right by the park and near the community center.

In Power Ranch the price range is from $200k to $850

Seville is a little bit further from the Phoenix airport, but it isn't far from the 202 that you'd take to 101 and on to the north loop of 202 into the airport. the south loop of 202 has made commuting much easier from the Power Ranch and Seville area.

Seville has a wonderful public restaurant, with excellent service and food in the same building as the pro shop. Seville is a master planned community that has about 20 sub divisions with several gated communities, and home prices prices range from around $300k to a little over $1mil

In order to determine your offering price, you and your realtor would first determine the current market value of the comps in the area. Then you would determine if the subject home is priced in the ball park of the current market value. If it's in the ball park, then 10% is reasonable. Many of the homes that sell within 30 days are sold within 5% of the listed price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: