Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 AM

137 posts, read 341,618 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to figure out whether to send my kids out to AZ a week before school starts or keep them with me in NY another week. If there are things to do to avoid the heat, I might send them. All of our things, besides our cars, will still be in transit, so sitting inside our house isn't a great option.

Can anyone recommend a good place near Ahwatukee to take young kids, to avoid the heat?

I'd like to stay as close to Ahwatukee as possible, because they'll be with our nanny, who doesn't know the roads in Phoenix at all.

I remember seeing a post about an inexpensive water park in Chandler on a thread that was about how exepensive one of the big water parks is, so I'm going to search for that again.

Even if there's a good place that's not so close to Ahwatukee, but relatively straight forward to get to, that would work too. The nanny is a very safe driver, but she doesn't have the greatest sense of direction.

What about the big water parks? There are 2? Which one would people recommend?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,765,229 times
I would say the Kiwanis Park Wave pool we basically lived there when I was a kid. Its at Kiwanis Park on Guadalupe near Kyrene.

Kiwanis Wave Pool

Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Oasis Water Park is right there in Ahwatukee.
Its at Pointe South Mountain Resort
Here's the link:Water Park Hotels in Phoenix | Arizona Grand Resort - Oasis | Family Vacation Resorts Phoenix

The only problem you might have being new comers is getting a sun burn. Just be careful about that.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:57 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
I would say the Kiwanis Park Wave pool we basically lived there when I was a kid. Its at Kiwanis Park on Guadalupe near Kyrene.

Kiwanis Wave Pool
Fun Times:
I can still remember that place! lol How many days did it take you to get that chlorine smell out of your noise? lol

Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
I forget how old your kids are, but this place is fun for INDOOR, non-pool activities:

Welcome to Makutu's Island!

I've only been there for kids' birthday parties, (which are really fun) but it's also for "drop ins".

It's on Ray, a few blocks east of I-10. I'm thinking Priest is the cross street.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:16 PM

137 posts, read 341,618 times
Thanks everyone. Been busy getting out of NY. I'm going to check all these out.
We decided to stay back until this Fri, but these sound like good places to go on
the weekend after school starts.

LocoAZnative, I hope this means no hard feelings on your end. None on mine. Thanks
for the info.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:57 PM

14 posts, read 41,764 times
I am going to second the Makutu's Island. Its a fun place and adults can join too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area