Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 10:03 PM

17 posts, read 59,638 times

Advertisements

I have been asked to put together a presentation on community resources for a church activity. I am trying to appeal to a diverse audience and have a lot of different resources. So far I have info on classes at community centers, swimming lessons through the cities, library reading programs and classes, kids clubs at the malls, craft store craft days, CPR videos available at the firehouse and car seat checks. Any other ideas? I'd like to find something for a non-family audience, and also some health resources, like health screenings. Anyway, any cheap or free activities would be welcome, please and thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 PM

2,787 posts, read 7,448,732 times
In which community? Trying to cover this for the entire Phoenix Metro Area might be impossibly broad. Do you have a particular neighborhood or suburb you are focused on?

Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM

17 posts, read 59,638 times
We are located in the northwest valley.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:23 PM

2,787 posts, read 7,448,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayLin View Post
We are located in the northwest valley.
Okay. I don't know that area well, but there are some regulars on this board who live in Peoria, north Glendale, etc. Maybe they'll have some ideas. Otherwise, I would start with the public library in whichever city or town you live in.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:34 PM

550 posts, read 3,265,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayLin View Post
Anyway, any cheap or free activities would be welcome, please and thank you!
There's an annual "Cuts For Kids" day at the Midwestern University over off of the 101 and 59th Avenue, every year. It's an all day event that the school puts on to benefit the Locks of Love Foundation. Expensive stylists from Scottsdale and other areas are there and cut hair for FREE all day long. If the hair is long enough, it can be donated to the foundation. If not, no worries.

They have bouncy outdoor things for kids to play on, a kids ambulance from the city of Glendale, (I think), local police cars/officers and fire trucks/firemen, radio stations, TV stations, raffles, t-shirts and toys for kids/people donating hair, free food and drinks, and so on.

Midwestern University is a private medical school for podiatrists, osteopaths, pharmacists, physicians assistants, dentists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and nurse anesthesiologists.

It's a great excuse to get a free haircut from an expensive stylist and take the kids to have a great day. Our girls have donated their hair for 3 years in a row, now. And they have a blast doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area