Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:22 AM

116 posts, read 369,143 times

Advertisements

...while out on that side of town, Chart House off Scottsdale (by the lake), Marriot (Camelback Inn) has BLT Restaurant, that will cost ya $85 for a Porterhouse, or the Marriot by old town scottsdale, the chateau briand was excellent a while back, I am way overdue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 01:25 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,435,281 times
I met Sam Fox, the owner this weekend, he also owns 10-11 other restaurants around the area, like Olive and Ivy.

I wouldn't pay $78 for a steak though, I can grill up a steak myself better than most restaurants, some poeple just don't understand the difference between medium and medium rare.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 AM

2,441 posts, read 7,021,568 times
Steak that is that expensive is normally obnoxiously small, all in the name of being "gourmet." Emeril's inside the MGM in Las Vegas is pretty pricey, with the food definitely NOT being worth the price.

I am sure this restaurant will have much success because of the nouveau-riche or 30,000 dollar millionaires from all over the Valley, not just Scottsdale, wanting to show off.

It seems that many people who descend on Fashion Square from all over the place want to pretend that they have money that they really don't have. They're in credit card debt up to their ears, their house is going to be foreclosed on next week, and their leased late-model BMW is going to be repo'ed while they're shopping.

Those who are actually wealthy are a very small percentage of Fashion Sqauare shoppers.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,435,281 times
I don't personally think Fashion Square is anything special, it may have some more upscale shops like Barneys, which JUST opened, but for the most part it has your typical stores with a few specialty stores you won't find elsewhere. The location is great though, right in the middle of old town.

I do plan on checking this place out, maybe not for a full dinner, but maybe a drink and a appetizer to see how it is.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:35 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,366,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Steak that is that expensive is normally obnoxiously small, all in the name of being "gourmet." Emeril's inside the MGM in Las Vegas is pretty pricey, with the food definitely NOT being worth the price.
So true. I ate at a place in MGM two weeks ago and it was, as far as my restaurant outings go, super expensive and mediocre at best. We only went there because we coudn't fit more than two people in my car to drive to a decent place. The tab for the four of us was $185 and I'd have felt less robbed if they had used a gun on me. I really believe price and quality are inversely proportional when it comes to restaurants. The next day we went to get dim sum at Harbor Place in the Chinese cultural center there and it was absolutely divine for a whopping $28 for two of us.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 AM

9,603 posts, read 31,764,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I met Sam Fox, the owner this weekend, he also owns 10-11 other restaurants around the area, like Olive and Ivy.

I wouldn't pay $78 for a steak though, I can grill up a steak myself better than most restaurants, some poeple just don't understand the difference between medium and medium rare.
AMEN to that, Karma . . . try ordering a rare steak.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:59 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,729,896 times
Quote:
It seems that many people who descend on Fashion Square from all over the place want to pretend that they have money that they really don't have. They're in credit card debt up to their ears, their house is going to be foreclosed on next week, and their leased late-model BMW is going to be repo'ed while they're shopping.
That seems like a very contentious statement, don't you think? Do you have any backing for such an accusation, or are you prejudice against the Fashion Square?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:11 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,514,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post

Those who are actually wealthy are a very small percentage of Fashion Sqauare shoppers.
So, you have actual research and statistics to back up these stereotype-driven accusations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
That seems like a very contentious statement, don't you think? Do you have any backing for such an accusation, or are you prejudice against the Fashion Square?
Agreed.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:20 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,225,798 times
I am happy to know that there are people willing and able to afford $78 for a steak dinner.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:57 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,514,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
I am happy to know that there are people willing and able to afford $78 for a steak dinner.
I guess we will soon find out if there are ENOUGH of them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area