Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 05:55 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,018,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rider View Post
Oh, of course, exuse me! The only truly logical approach is to feed the hungry wolf. No place for personal interests in THIS economy. That's what 3M is all about.
Reread your posts there 'genius'. You state that your theoretical 'issue' of FUTURE inventory is moot if one does not intend to put the property back on the market. NONSENSE! That is pure blither that leads a buyer to disregard due dilegence in making a major purchase. CARELESS, STUPID behavior!
Actually it is not; it is the exact opposite of what you are saying. Purchasing a home is often seen as an "investment." Meaning that short term gains or losses, over time work in the favor of the investor (excluding other factors such as tax, insurance, maintenance, etc). There is a risk for such a purchase that should be carefully considered, but no one was eliminating the use of discriminatory purchases (discriminatory in this case is NOT used in a derogatory way in case you are confused). Not really sure what all your rants are about...the OP IS going to purchase a home (and sounds like in an area of metro Phoenix) and thus they require some example of communities meeting certain criteria; there is no careless, stupid behavior in that.

Sincerely,
Hungry Wolf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 06:34 PM

47 posts, read 214,677 times
Oh my, are you desperate! You are resorting to all the distortions and double talk that you can muster. "Short term gains or losses over time." LMAO Absolute nonsense! Is it short term, or over time, a gain or a loss. No matter sucker, it's all in your favor.
My statement that disregarding the current advantage that the buyer has, for the addled and fallacious concept of 'possible future markets' is what I have clearly posited as careless. I was not talking about 'community criteria' as this is a nationwide state of affairs.
You are so affraid of lucid and organic thought guiding the actions of the already greatly advantaged buyer that you are beside yourself. Your spinning of all of my remarks in every way you can image to confuse the issue is so typical of the overextended, overpressured, incompetent clown. You are doing a much better job of contradicting yourself than you are of discrediting the simple idea that this is the prime time to get a seriously smoking deal, and it is foolish to be brow beaten into paying one dime more than you absolutely have to.
SAD!

Old 12-06-2009, 08:31 PM

105 posts, read 243,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
From the link you provided:

This realtor also considers property the banks are "sitting" on as potential inventory which is completely different and this type of information confuses people. Before we get too far off track and wild puts us back on track () It is important to note that the OP doesn't seem concerned with being able to "dump" their soon to be purchased property soon. If they are planning on keep the property for a few years, especially over 5 years, the issue is moot.

Also, saying that banks are strategically holding property in order to not flood the market is also a play on what really happens with banks; they aren't (typically) great real estate marketers, thus much of the backlog occurs because of the number of people "assigned" to handle the foreclosed property. Even if it were true that banks were so well organized that they could plan such marketing schemes, it could be a good business decision and a favor to neighborhoods to not dump all the property up front.

Moot! I plan on buying then hopefully living in it long term!

Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rider View Post
No wolfy, I am talking about looking to purchase a home in the greater Phoenix area market, which is what the OP is doing. Well, wildmark is putting out the idea "I am in the market for a $750k to $1m property" Comprende?? And I am saying "Whoa dude, don't be so quick to put that out there." You know, it's time to be sly about it and do your research and get the best for yourself. It doesn't matter if you want a profit on it or not. Just because you want to keep a property is no reason to get any less than the best deal. Careless buying is EXACTLY what got the Phoenix market into the mess it is currently in. We just can't endure that kind of foolishness any longer without dire consequences.
...what your failing to see is that I am looking for a house in the $750k-1m price range...I never said thats what I want to pay

Old 12-06-2009, 08:37 PM

Come on guys save the pi$$ing contest for another thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmark View Post
Come on guys save the pi$$ing contest for another thread
Greg Rider has over used personal insults in order... well...simply because he couldn't offer a valid response to his misguided banter. Unfortunately, Greg seems to know little about long term investments and short term gains/losses...it's pretty comical that he believes it is "contradictory" to state that a property's value can, over the long term, accumulate more value in comparison to the purchasing price despite short term losses or short term price hikes for that matter. The OP's stated the investment was long term, in a desirable community with sought after amenities, and NO one offered that searching for the best deal wasn't a part of that hunt.

I made my point, think you did as well; done wildmark because I know it will just continue...good luck on your house hunt!

Last edited by fcorrales80; 12-06-2009 at 09:01 PM..

Old 12-06-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I made my point, think you did as well; done wildmark because I know it will just continue...good luck on your house hunt!

Not sure what the point was but thanks anyway.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmark View Post
Not sure what the point was but thanks anyway.
To wish you good luck (its a big market with lots of competing communities and you have only 4 days) and to point out that you weren't dumb or careless as Greg was insinuating...you can take some kindness here wild without being cynical... LOL!

Old 12-07-2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
To wish you good luck (its a big market with lots of competing communities and you have only 4 days) and to point out that you weren't dumb or careless as Greg was insinuating...you can take some kindness here wild without being cynical... LOL!

Fair enough

As far as the 4 days, thats just narrow down the areas, if we have to come back then thats what we will do.

Cheers.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:22 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
wildmark....

the long list fcorrales gave you several posts back is a good one....but most of those developments were started several years ago, so "new build" areas won't be really common in those, but a few exist....most are in N Phx or N Scotts....

plot all these out on a map and start driving....carry a good map with you with the named developments marked on it....there will be some gatehouses with guards who will say you need to be with a realtor to get in....

the Toll Brothers recommendation is a good one as they are known as a "luxury" home builder....check their website before arriving and plot out their developments....usually, new houses will be pricier than similar resales.....

there are many, many hundreds of resales in that $750K to $1M price range here....you can haggle if you find something you like...there may be a few open house you can look for as you drive....

the Town of PV will almost certainly not have any "new build" developments, but, rather, a few new custom houses scattered about for sale, singly built by a smaller custom contractor on speculation (spec)...despite the current downturn, these new homes in the Town of PV will be priced well, well over $1M.....

as you probably figured out, the negative posts are probably because some are wondering why a buyer in the $1M range is asking on city-data for info....I do recommend you consider asking a realtor here for ideas....you can be honest and say exactly what you're doing....sellers pay the commission, you know, including most builders.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area