Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 03:51 PM

9 posts, read 64,767 times

Advertisements

Hello, the title says it all. I'm finding many good deals on Phoenix hotels in the downtown area, as well as near the airport. I have never been there so I wanna know if these are good areas to stay. I know it's a little vague, but the hotels are from Priceline so it gives me a basic area of where the hotel is so I can't be much more specific.
I'm gonna be attending an even at The University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, but have been told it's not the best city to stay in. I've also been told staying in North Phoenix is a safe bet but it's very expensive. And lastly I'm told NEVER stay in West Phoenix...lol.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. The hotel advertised near Sky Harbor Airport is what I'm leaning towards, but would gladly shell out a few extra bucks for North Phoenix if it's for the best. Also just keep in mind I am there for the event, so I don't care much about sight seeing, just about safety, nice area, restaurants, etc. Thank you very much in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 03:58 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,765,818 times
Do you have transportation to Wrestlemania cuz the airport and glendale are pretty far away and hard to get to using public transportation. What hotels are you looking @ by the airport.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:01 PM

Not sure, it doesn't show the hotel name. I will be driving down from Fresno, CA, so I have my own car. Also I have found a 4 star hotel in downtown Phoenix that says near the convention center.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normanley View Post
Not sure, it doesn't show the hotel name. I will be driving down from Fresno, CA, so I have my own car. Also I have found a 4 star hotel in downtown Phoenix that says near the convention center.
The hotel downtown are nice it can get pretty dead after dark downtown. but with All Axxess right there at the convention center it would be good. Don't forget to see Eddie Gurerros grave Green Acres cemetary in Scottsdale Hayden/McKellips

Old 03-15-2010, 04:16 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Check out Renaissance Glendale. It is right next to the stadium. There's plenty of places near the stadium to eat, party, hang out in Westgate Center - also right next to the stadium. That is nonsense about not get a hotel on the west side (well you said west Phoenix, and maybe there is something to that.) There are many new hotels in Goodyear, and Avondale and an older luxury resort (Wigwam) in Litchfield Park all of which are more convenient to the stadium than the airport would be.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:30 PM

Wow, thank you both very much. I'm actually going to be relocating to Phoenix in about a year as well, so this will also serve as a "scouting" trip for me.
I made the mistake of not getting my All Axxess tickets Loco, I might have to check out eBay for some if we are gonna be staying in that area. I'm also told I have to hit the Heart Attack Grill in Chandler while I'm there. People tell me it's worth the 30 minute drive...lol
I will also check out the Renaissance. Sounds good and I could most likely avoid parking costs if I stayed in walking/short cab ride distance, which is always a plus. Anyway, as long as I don't have to worry about getting jumped after dark in these areas I'm happy. Thanks again!

Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normanley View Post
Wow, thank you both very much. I'm actually going to be relocating to Phoenix in about a year as well, so this will also serve as a "scouting" trip for me.
I made the mistake of not getting my All Axxess tickets Loco, I might have to check out eBay for some if we are gonna be staying in that area. I'm also told I have to hit the Heart Attack Grill in Chandler while I'm there. People tell me it's worth the 30 minute drive...lol
I will also check out the Renaissance. Sounds good and I could most likely avoid parking costs if I stayed in walking/short cab ride distance, which is always a plus. Anyway, as long as I don't have to worry about getting jumped after dark in these areas I'm happy. Thanks again!
The Heart Attack Grill is an experience get the quadruple bypass and if you weigh 300+ they will whell you out in a whellchair. Plus you cant beat the nurses.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:17 PM

123 posts, read 354,362 times
stay in Scottsdale...it's worth the extra cost

Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 PM

But just to be clear... If I pick the downtown hotel near the convention center I can't go wrong right? Especially for $69?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
I think the renaissance is sold out and I believe the hampton inn next to the stadium has something like a 4 or 5 day minimum stay - definitely worth calling for though

the renaissance is by far the best bet if you like to drink - a bunch of bars right next to the hotel and walking distance to the venue

I would look into areas around 83rd ave & bell road .... a good array of places to go out around there - I have a lot of friends who come in for football games and they stay at the la quinta up there - walking distance to the bars/restaurants of arrowhead and 10-15 minutes to the stadium

I wouldn't recommend around the airport

downtown is fine, scottsdale is great - I would avoid a lot of central phoenix (quality) or any of the eastern suburbs (distance)

hope you have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area