Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 01:54 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,273,796 times

Advertisements

Had a chance to check out the Scottsdale Quarter (Scottsdale Road & Greenway Parkway) last night. The place isn't quite finished yet, and there are quite a few shops & restaurants which haven't yet opened, but there was definitely a crowd along the streets, and in the bars & restaurants that were open.

Scottsdale Quarter is designed somewhat like Kierland (across the street). The difference is that Scottsdale Quarter seems to attempting to draw a younger crowd with the types of establishments that are currently in business, as well as many of the upcoming businesses (Beach Bunny Swimwear, Drybar, Stingray Sushi, etc.).

For those who are unfamiliar with this area, Scottsdale Quarter is a new development that replaced the old Dial Corporation HQs. Dial had been located on that site since the 1970s when that part of Scottsdale was still considered out in the middle of nowhere. How things have changed! With Kierland, the Promenade, and Scottsdale Quarter, this part of Scottsdale might even rival downtown & Old Town as the place to be, and be seen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 04:11 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,877,357 times
Menchies is over there but I haven't been to it.
I hear they are 44 cents an ounce- yikes!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,068,367 times
what's Menchies?.....

and what is it that's 44 cents/oz?.....

and where is the Promenade exactly?....

man, I ask a lot of questions.....

Old 02-06-2011, 04:18 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,210,403 times
Promenade at Frank Lloyd Wright and Scottsdale (Nordstrom Rack, Trader Joes etc). I like the Quarter and Kierland. The Q is supposed to eventually have a condo and hotel piece too I think. If I had to choose, I still prefer Kierlamds vibe tho and store mix. Q lost one already, the grocery wine place has closed or is closing, think its going down to somewhere near downtown Scottsdale. The one problem is the access from Q to Kierland across busy Scottsdale Rd....an overhead pedestrian bridge was rumored a while back.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:11 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,877,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
what's Menchies?.....

and what is it that's 44 cents/oz?.....

and where is the Promenade exactly?....

man, I ask a lot of questions.....

Sorry, Menchies is a frozen yogurt shop. Another one added to the million we already have! and the frozen yogurt @ Menchies is 44 cents/oz.
Some of the other frozen yogurt shops around are cheaper like- Yogurtology @ Bell Rd and 7th St is 39 cents/oz. Yogurtland- across from Scottsdale Fashion Square (over by Sprinkles area) is also 39 cents/oz- they were cheaper than that till they upped it. Mojo @ The Biltmore (24th St @ Camelback) is 1/2 price on Tuesdays (21 cents/oz that day- I think) if you know their word of the day- which they post on their website blog as well as their Facebook page.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:24 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,273,796 times
One of the interesting features in the Scottsdale Quarter is the iPic Theatre with the reclining seats, and being wined & dined. It sounds inviting, but awfully pricey. For the kind of money they're charging, I might as well have a regal dinner at the Ritz Carlton or somewhere like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: