Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:56 PM

424 posts, read 953,347 times

Advertisements

I looked all over the valley and decided on Queen Creek. Its a great master plan community, newer, and no signs of gang activity. When the market ever settles down (anybodys guess) Queen Creek will probalby as far as percentage gained, will probably come out close to the top. The growth is going that direction and you can never go wrong buying a newer home over an older home (Low ceilings is not something you can change easily).

Do your homework that is part of the fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM

203 posts, read 491,446 times
Hmmmm....very interesting...but no. If you think Queen Creek...which is nowhere remotely close to Phoenix is going to supercede the most central and beautiful parts of the valley (parts of Central Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, PV, N. Phoenix...hell even Chandler compared to Queen Creek) in price increases once the market stabalizes....slowly, you're out of your mind. Location is and will always be everything in living in a big city.

"I looked all over the valley and decided on Queen Creek. Its a great master plan community, newer, and no signs of gang activity. When the market ever settles down (anybodys guess) Queen Creek will probalby as far as percentage gained, will probably come out close to the top. The growth is going that direction and you can never go wrong buying a newer home over an older home (Low ceilings is not something you can change easily)."

Old 05-17-2010, 02:00 PM

682 posts, read 2,566,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywayy2001 View Post
Hmmmm....very interesting...but no. If you think Queen Creek...which is nowhere remotely close to Phoenix is going to supercede the most central and beautiful parts of the valley (parts of Central Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, PV, N. Phoenix...hell even Chandler compared to Queen Creek) in price increases once the market stabalizes....slowly, you're out of your mind. Location is and will always be everything in living in a big city.
Totally agree with you.

altus2006

Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,176,891 times
Let us never forget the 3 most important factors of Real Estate.

Location, Location, Location.

You can remodel/rebuild buildings, but you cannot move locations.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 PM

424 posts, read 953,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywayy2001 View Post

"I looked all over the valley and decided on Queen Creek. Its a great master plan community, newer, and no signs of gang activity. When the market ever settles down (anybodys guess) Queen Creek will probalby as far as percentage gained, will probably come out close to the top. The growth is going that direction and you can never go wrong buying a newer home over an older home (Low ceilings is not something you can change easily)."
Guess we'll just have to see....time will tell. I haven't made a mistake on real estate purchaes yet....but I guess there always a first time!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 PM

380 posts, read 1,062,885 times
the discounts are deeper in the exhurbs, you have to look at that. Just like buying a condo. Having a great location is hard to beat.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM

278 posts, read 622,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
Let us never forget the 3 most important factors of Real Estate.
Quote:

Location, Location, Location.

You can remodel/rebuild buildings, but you cannot move locations.

EXACTLY!!! That is why I am going over and over with the questions about where to buy.... I don't want to rent...I think for me, it's a waste of money. I know that people say Fountain Hills is really nice. I liked what I saw there. It would definatley be a cultural change but I like change. Anyway, Kierland, Fountain Hills and perhaps Ahwatukee (sp??) is where I've been looking. (online that is) I really do appreciate ALL replies. You guys are very, very helpful....Hope I can pay it forward.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,821 times
I found one for sale for somewhere in Phoenix (naturally I won't say where) between $200k and $300k in an area I like. I'm keeping an eye on it. It's slightly higher than 1/6 of my net worth, which is my buying point. I'll pay in cash. It looks like a great one. I have another one in the Catalina Foothills of Tucson I'm watching.

I like my current apartment. It has a desert furnishing (Arizona leather) style. I'm happy inside it. So I am willing to wait for a few years. I'm in no hurry!

Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,821 times
At some point when you manage your finances well and you set your buy point so that it does not get disrupted by emergencies (catastrophic health costs), you can make a buy and be happy. There are a lot of sorry people who gambled in the last five years and some unexpected health issue occurred - or a divorce. They did not study personal finance. Fools.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,893,642 times
Quote:
I might consider looking in the 85032 and 85050 zipcodes (North Phoenix). Just minutes from Keirland and Desert Ridge, good schools and some nice older homes in your price range. You do not have to go all the way to the far suburbs if you are willing to buy a home built in the 70's or 80's.
This guys pretty right on. Forget Queen Creek, East Mesa, and the entire West Side. Believe me.

Also,in your price range you could get an awesome historic home downtown with tons of character compared with moving out to the endless beige suburbs. The historic neighborhoods can be really beautiful and have the best access to downtown culture. They're one of PHX's best kept secrets because noone wants an old home in AZ when a larger new home costs about as much, and because they're as plain and boring as the all-tan gated community they bought into.

North Phoenix in the streets is the prettiest part of town with mountains in the neighborhoods and nice views. You're also closer to lakes and wilderness. I grew up there and wouldn't trade that childhood for any other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area