Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:50 AM

52 posts, read 89,856 times

Advertisements

I can't speak for North Hills commutes in, but when we first moved to Pittsburgh we were staying with family down in Peters township in to Oakland (I was at WQED).

From Peters to Upper St. Clair was a breeze, even to Mt. Lebanon/Dormont, but from that point forward, the commute in got to be quite a drag. Others may have advice for avoiding the Liberty Tubes, etc. but I found that in or out, Upper St. Clair was about an hour.

Good Luck - interested to hear if people who've done both the North and South Hills commute have a clear preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,367,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
We must be going to different Trader Joes I guess. I buy avocados pretty often. They have loose, loose organic, a 4 bag, and a 4 bag organic. Couldn't buy them there? Then organic bananas for .20 or regular for .15 a piece. Free range eggs for a better price. Half and half that is actually milk and cream with no other junk for a better price. I bought a one pound bag of frozen brussels sprouts for .99 and they are great. Frozen wild caught salmon, cod, mahi and so much more. Love the beer brats they have. .99 for pizza crusts that are quite good. An amazing cheese section that is about 1/3 off GE and better quality. Guess you can say I do look at prices and read labels like a nutty. Oh, organic canned tomatoes for under 1.50 a can and bread that is way better than anything GE carries for 2.49 a loaf. You could buy Towntalk for that in GE. lol I don't know about the bean thing. I don't buy any kits and really don't know anything about that kind of thing. Guess I don't know where they are? Oh, I forgot to mention organic romaine lettuce that is $2.79 for three pack compared to GE at over $4. GE kills me with their prices on items my family and I like. Most things are organic and GE hates selling that stuff, so they price it so high no one can buy it.
I have to ask am I reading this right....ORGANIC CANNED TOMATOES?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:59 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,927,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Muir Glen? Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes | Fire Roasted, Diced, Whole, Sauce, Soup, Paste, Ketchup, Salsa

Old 03-05-2011, 05:31 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,071,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
I don't often buy them, but for sauces they work. I did want to mention that pasta there is about .99 a pound and if you want organic wheat pasta it is 1.39. That price for the wheat is hard to beat and it is a dry good that you can buy lots of when there. I find the wheat to be quite good for a dry pasta.

Sorry, I love food.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 PM

50 posts, read 108,769 times
If you want public schools and a reliable commute, I would suggest Fox Chapel, O'hara, Hampton, Richland, or McCandless. All have great schools and all are accessible with fairly reliable traffic patterns via Route 8 in up to 30 minutes. One caveat is O'hara, where part of the township is in Kerr school which is not considered good.

For some strange reason, traffic from East Liberty to/from route 8 is minimal, so even though your commute is long in distance, it will be relatively constant in speed.

The best way out of East Liberty is via Negley Run Road to route 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackbox View Post
I'm thinking of relocating to Pittsburgh. I have a family with young children about to enter school. I'm looking for a nice neighborhood with good schools and a reasonable commute to the East Liberty neighborhood of Pittsburgh. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh