Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:11 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,630 times

Advertisements

Relax, I'm just messing with you two. I think you're both a riot."Happily partnered?" Hilarious. I laughed for 5 mins after reading that line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 925 times
Personally, I find Pittsburgh to be a cool place to live. I don't know whether or not you'll think of it as "alternative," but cool nonetheless. There's a lot of good places to live, so it's sort of reliant on your price range and such. If you check Map of Pittsburgh Apartments and Houses For Rent Near Pittsburgh, PA you can get a better stance on neighborhood prices. Maybe this'll help you come up with some places to look at when you come down here. Good luck!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:54 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie6 View Post
I think Pittsburgh, will fit what you are generally looking to gain. There no doubt a community feel to the whole city. The people who normally do not like Pittsburgh, are drawn towards the constant acitiviy of larger cities.

As far as the "alternative" intrests , you might not find as much as you would want. DO NOT get me wrong they exist and not few and far between, but sitll in the begining stages ( in my opinion) Saying that over the last 5 years , the culinary scence and culture scene in this area just sky rocketed. Tons of new music venues , consol is attracting some larger names, "run down neighborhoods" being revived.

Pittsburgh City Paper - News, Music, Restaurants, Events, Arts and Entertainment Newspaper is a neat place to look around. pick up a copy when in town they are free
I've seen a few of the type of parties we like (new wave, industrial, goth type) . If more nights don't exist then maybe we can start one

Old 04-20-2011, 07:57 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
Relax, I'm just messing with you two. I think you're both a riot."Happily partnered?" Hilarious. I laughed for 5 mins after reading that line.
After enduring years of enduring traumatic romantic rejection due to my physical appearance I was thrilled to move to a place like Pittsburgh where looks don't matter. In the land of uber-pretty people they call NoVA I felt like I was on the Island of Misfit Toys because I couldn't afford to make myself one of those "pretty people". Here in the City of Champions I've met someone I want to lay claim to for quite some time. We each have flaws, but neither of us wanted to find the "perfect" mate; we each just wanted to find someone to make us feel complete.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:44 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,952,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
After enduring years of enduring traumatic romantic rejection due to my physical appearance I was thrilled to move to a place like Pittsburgh where looks don't matter. In the land of uber-pretty people they call NoVA I felt like I was on the Island of Misfit Toys because I couldn't afford to make myself one of those "pretty people". Here in the City of Champions I've met someone I want to lay claim to for quite some time. We each have flaws, but neither of us wanted to find the "perfect" mate; we each just wanted to find someone to make us feel complete.
Yeah, ONLY in Pittsburgh can ugly people find love. No plain Janes in NOVA EVER get married, only pretty, perfect, people ever find someone to date in NOVA. I must be a lot better looking than I ever knew! My kids and friends must be down right gorgeous, since they've not had any problem find dates and mates! Can't wait to tell them how perfect they are!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,630 times
Quote:
Island of Misfit Toys? What a macho way to describe your perceived situation. I'm Glaad to hear that Pegasus treated you better. Good luck to you and your domestic companionship. Hopefully you two will settle down with each other long term, then take that big step and adopt a cat together. I always enjoy seeing alternative "families" in the city.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,146,215 times
Quote:
Island of Misfit Toys? What a macho way to describe your perceived situation. I'm Glaad to hear that Pegasus treated you better. Good luck to you and your domestic companionship. Hopefully you two will settle down with each other long term, then take that big step and adopt a cat together. I always enjoy seeing alternative "families" in the city.
Let me be the first to say "yikes."

Old 04-20-2011, 11:00 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Yeah, ONLY in Pittsburgh can ugly people find love. No plain Janes in NOVA EVER get married, only pretty, perfect, people ever find someone to date in NOVA. I must be a lot better looking than I ever knew! My kids and friends must be down right gorgeous, since they've not had any problem find dates and mates! Can't wait to tell them how perfect they are!
NoVA was the only place where prospective mates overtly wrote me off due to my physical appearance. NoVA was the only place where one of my failed prospects proceeded to ridicule my "eye wrinkles" at a restaurant and where my friends joined him in awkward laughter instead of sticking up for me. I'm not a superficial person. My current better half was written off in the past by superficial people presumably because he's overweight and missing a limb. Neither is a concern of mine. He has a heart of gold, and that's all that matters to me.

Quote:
Thank you. That's very encouraging.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:10 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,952,906 times
Quote:
NoVA was the only place where prospective mates overtly wrote me off due to my physical appearance. NoVA was the only place where one of my failed prospects proceeded to ridicule my "eye wrinkles" at a restaurant and where my friends joined him in awkward laughter instead of sticking up for me. I'm not a superficial person. My current better half was written off in the past by superficial people presumably because he's overweight and missing a limb. Neither is a concern of mine. He has a heart of gold, and that's all that matters to me.

Thank you. That's very encouraging.
Yes, we know, you chose poorly in NOVA. Glad you're making better choices now.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Quote:
Brian, SteelCity...get a room you two. How about more helpful comments for the OP and less overt flirting, ok?
This. Not that I mind you guys lightening the mood, but let's stick to the topic and try actually helping the op.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh