Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:35 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,081,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
You can see the cafe component in both of those street renderings.
Yes I do see that! I was hoping someone with a tiny bit of class was heading all that up. Seems the dream might come true. They made the mistake on the Civic Arena, but maybe East Liberty will be saved. I am all about making Pittsburgh a huge tourist destination. I know many think it can't be, but like I said, I have travelled extensively and Pittsburgh CAN be amazing. If the Civic Arena could have been renovated for the Pens and they opened it for a few games a year the impact for tourism would have been huge, but I think people don't see beyond our small town. People here cannot see the real potential. Pittsburgh was build with amazing amounts of money and it has way more to offer than anyplace like Cleveland and to be quite honest most north eastern towns. We lost the arena, but maybe we can do great cafe's and people touring the Presbyterian Church. It is an architectural marvel built by a pretty famous family. Then walk over to Ellsworth and maybe hit Walnut. Highland Park is beautiful. That region is nicer than most anywhere I have been, but they need to rid it of the blight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 05:37 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,538,208 times
anyone read how the lady's husbands shop next door was broken into and all of his computer equipment stolen? may have been on the shops opening day if i read the post gazette article correctly and i'm thinking of the same place. what a shame..

here is the article

As Kazanda's coffeehouse opens, spouse's computer store is burglarized

Last edited by Yac; 06-10-2011 at 02:49 AM..

Old 06-09-2011, 05:51 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,091,247 times
That's a different place, but it is still a shame. On the brighter side, it sounds like they may have some good leads.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:37 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,081,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
That is the uphill battle that will take time. Hence, I don't think we are going to see outdoor cafe's anytime soon. There still are too many shady characters roaming around the streets there. They need to tear down more stuff and build more expensive stuff to shift the power around there. Might happen in 10 or 15 years, but it will be a long haul. I like what Brian posted though. Maybe I can enjoy that place in my old age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh