Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 07:39 AM

570 posts, read 1,412,151 times

Advertisements

With Mayor Ravenstahl 'waking' up and coming out of the wood work in the early fall months, it's clear as a mountain stream that he is fully engaged to win yet another term as mayor in 2013. Reports are that he has a large sum of cash in his relection war chest and where he virtually disapeared for several years from the public's eye, he now is in the media daily and pushing his initiative with more vigor. I'm asking a two part question if you will. (Non City residents, feel free to add, if you would, please state if your a city or non city resident. thanks

1) Will you vote YES or NO for Ravenstahl for continued mayor in 2013 ( feel free
to explain why or why not you support the mayor )

2) What other mayoral candidate (s) would you vote for if they ran. ( make a
wish list if you desire since it's unclear whom may run)

Last edited by RockLobster; 10-07-2011 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: add to question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 07:48 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,264,971 times
Mayor Luke is there for as long as he wants to be.

Even if he were somehow upset in an election, the Democratic Party would still have an iron grip on City Council, and would stymie the efforts of a new mayor.

Yes, I will cast for Ravenstahl for mayor in 2013 if I make it to the polls to vote for other offices.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:03 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,633,536 times
My votes would go to either Bill Peduto or Doug Shields.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:17 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,492 times
Non city resident ( thank you,God!). This bozo, and those of his ilk are a prime reason why I feel fortunate to not live within the city limits and be " governed" by clueless, corrupt political hacks such as the Boy Mayor for Life.
It's been said elsewhere, but as long as this empty suit has a D next to his name on the ballot, he's IN baby! I have to believe that the Republicans have given up hope long ago , but they have to parade out some poor guy to at least provide "opposition."
What is it with you sheeple in the city? How about at least a Democratic alternative to this immature numbskull? A really sad commentary.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:49 AM

747 posts, read 1,232,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
Non city resident ( thank you,God!). This bozo, and those of his ilk are a prime reason why I feel fortunate to not live within the city limits and be " governed" by clueless, corrupt political hacks such as the Boy Mayor for Life.
It's been said elsewhere, but as long as this empty suit has a D next to his name on the ballot, he's IN baby! I have to believe that the Republicans have given up hope long ago , but they have to parade out some poor guy to at least provide "opposition."
What is it with you sheeple in the city? How about at least a Democratic alternative to this immature numbskull? A really sad commentary.
Mayor Luke Ravenstahl is a man and not a boy. He is the Mayor of our great city and city residents (especially young) are pretty satisfied with his performance up to date. He has kept the economic development momentum started by Tom Murphy (another great mayor) and will continue to do so while old washed up republicans b$%ch and moan about his age and ineptitude. Mayor Luke Ravenstahl is a wonderful mayor and excellent Democrat who will get my vote come election day.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,886,191 times
As my great gandmother would always say while shaking her head as to show she wasn't listening to you if you ever brought up any alternative political opinion "I don't care what you have to say, if the devil himself was running on the democratic ticket I would vote for him".....pretty much sums up the majority of voters in the city so its a bit pointless of thinking of alternatives really.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins View Post
Mayor Luke Ravenstahl is a man and not a boy. He is the Mayor of our great city and city residents (especially young) are pretty satisfied with his performance up to date. He has kept the economic development momentum started by Tom Murphy (another great mayor) and will continue to do so while old washed up republicans b$%ch and moan about his age and ineptitude. Mayor Luke Ravenstahl is a wonderful mayor and excellent Democrat who will get my vote come election day.
I rest my case.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:10 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,721,693 times
...and people wonder why folks like me are so cynical.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
As my great gandmother would always say while shaking her head as to show she wasn't listening to you if you ever brought up any alternative political opinion "I don't care what you have to say, if the devil himself was running on the democratic ticket I would vote for him".....pretty much sums up the majority of voters in the city so its a bit pointless of thinking of alternatives really.
So true, but so sad and frustrating. Are people unable to think for themselves???

Old 10-07-2011, 12:22 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,146,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
Unfortunately, your enlightened opinion has no bearing on anything since you don't live in the city and can't make a change by voting. Your posts are basically meaningless generalization amounting to nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh