Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:03 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times

Advertisements

I'd vote for him. To be leader of a small village commune, say, or a remote Alpine abbey.

But for POTUS? You've got to be out of your ever-loving mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 03:05 PM

116 posts, read 212,372 times
Obama will win in a landslide, no need to follow the race, or even vote for that matter.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:05 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Nobody needs to "beat" Barack Obama necessarily. All Obama needs to do is self-destruct, and he's doing a damn good job of that.

As for the person who said that Ron Paul is "bonkers," he's certainly no more so than Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, or any of the evangelical Protestants who like those three.
He's a different kind of bonkers. Perry, Bachmann, and Palin are certainly crazy, but their public craziness is calculated to an extent. Paul is being 100% himself.

I also think it's way too frigging early to assume Obama will win by any sort of landslide. Look at the present polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...date-1745.html

Old 11-19-2011, 03:40 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,897,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Nobody needs to "beat" Barack Obama necessarily. All Obama needs to do is self-destruct, and he's doing a damn good job of that.
Please nowhere near the level that it would take for America to Vote any of those Looney Tunes on the Right into office.

and while we're talking local politicians surprised no-one has brought up Santorum, maybe because no-ones paying attention to him.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
He's a different kind of bonkers. Perry, Bachmann, and Palin are certainly crazy, but their public craziness is calculated to an extent. Paul is being 100% himself.

I also think it's way too frigging early to assume Obama will win by any sort of landslide. Look at the present polls:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - President Obama vs. Republican Candidate
I agree it wont be a landslide, but still a considerable margin against anyone outside of Romney....

I'm sorry but the Right doesn't really present a true plan to get the economy turned around, only thing they're bringing to the table is bash Obama, be opposed and obstruct everything liberal, continue to line the pockets of the top 1% and Corporations with more tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts, and rinse and repeat Fox News talking points....

Sorry that's not going to do it the end.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
I agree it wont be a landslide, but still a considerable margin against anyone outside of Romney....

I'm sorry but the Right doesn't really present a true plan to get the economy turned around, only thing they're bringing to the table is bash Obama, be opposed and obstruct everything liberal, continue to line the pockets of the top 1% and Corporations with more tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts, and rinse and repeat Fox News talking points....

Sorry that's not going to do it the end.
I'm no fan of the GOP selection of candidates, but it's this exact type of complacency that throws away otherwise winnable elections. It doesn't matter that most Republican politicians have brought nothing valuable to the table since the start of the Obama administration. People are not only fed up Obama, but enough of them are blindly turning to the other side in reponse that a GOP victory is not only possible, but pretty much destined if the Dems don't take them seriously.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I'm no fan of the GOP selection of candidates, but it's this exact type of complacency that throws away otherwise winnable elections. It doesn't matter that most Republican politicians have brought nothing valuable to the table since the start of the Obama administration. People are not only fed up Obama, but enough of them are blindly turning to the other side in reponse that a GOP victory is not only possible, but pretty much destined if the Dems don't take them seriously.
Listen to yourself and you think that's electable??? Seriously.....That statement is complacency in and of itself.

America is more fed up with Republican Congress than they are Prez, as a matter of fact most Americans believe in taxing the 1% and Corporations even more, something the candidates are unified in opposition on. America is more fed up with income inequalities than anything Obama has or hasn't done.

The problem the Republican party has is its too fragmented and divided, and too many special interest groups (i.e Tea Party) have hi-jacked it.

If the Right thinks they have 2012 in the bank, they're dumber than I thought.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:57 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,022,351 times
For all his faults, Romney is the only Republican running who is remotely credible as a candidate. Perry also looked plausible from a distance, but we know how that turned out.

And Republicans tend to nominate their most credible candidate at the end of the day, so my money remains on Romney getting the nomination. Someone else may well win Iowa and some other states, but I think at some point the Republican primary voters will stop playing around, hold their nose, and rally around Romney.

So I don't think Paul has a chance (which is good, since he would be a disaster as a President--although I do like his presence in the debates).

Old 11-19-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Listen to yourself and you think that's electable??? Seriously.....That statement is complacency in and of itself.
You clearly don't know what complacency means.

Quote:
America is more fed up with Republican Congress than they are Prez, as a matter of fact most Americans believe in taxing the 1% and Corporations even more, something the candidates are unified in opposition on. America is more fed up with income inequalities than anything Obama has or hasn't done.
Which Americans? The ones in your social circle? Think beyond your immediate everyday existence and understand that many people see things differently from you, even if it's to their detriment.

Quote:
The problem the Republican party has is its too fragmented and divided, and too many special interest groups (i.e Tea Party) have hi-jacked it.

If the Right thinks they have 2012 in the bank, they're dumber than I thought.
lol no one said the right has 2012 in the bank. I myself am most likely voting for Obama, but there are enough pollsters, fundraisers, and general political operatives in my extended family for me to know that you can't accurately predict the course of a presidential election one year in advance. You just can't. Granted, you have a 50/50 chance of being right as to which party ultimately wins, but it takes a bit more time and analysis to give an intelligent, logically-sound forecast.

I personally think Obama will win, but I recognize that this is a hunch, not a sure thing. Don't be so smug, dearie.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
You clearly don't know what complacency means.
I know exactly what it means and the statement you made pretty much endorses such complacency. We'll vote for you simply because we hate the other guy, regardless of the fact you don't have a plan either.

Quote:
Which Americans? The ones in your social circle? Think beyond your immediate everyday existence and understand that many people see things differently from you, even if it's to their detriment
From what I've seen the majority of Americans from the polls I've seen. Oh I pay attention to everything from the Elections in OH for Pro-Unions, to news polls, to OWS... and america is tired of the squeeze on the middle class only to benefit the 1%, something the Right thinks should continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh