Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 09:37 AM

894 posts, read 1,325,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
My goodness. We will never get anywhere as a society with your mentality ATC. I understand your passion for the topic of reserve descrimination. But your delivery isn't helping to promote your message in a positive manner. Anyone who sees both sides will quickly separate themselves from you. You're getting lost in hate.
I couldn't have said it any better!!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:38 AM

659 posts, read 1,145,787 times
I think what happens is that when people talk bout an issue, it develops and grows into more of a conversation and then we get passionate about it, I would not use the word HATE, I do not think that Carl is being hateful, I do however think he is trying to get his point across, and rightfully so..

Old 12-09-2011, 09:39 AM

747 posts, read 1,231,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
Indeed, it starts with bigots like you who hate whites. Way to flip it around when you are called out on your shit and point the finger in the other direction.
Actually it starts with white people like you who are oblivious to history. White men are now the victim?

This sounds similar to Haley Barbours sugar coating of the Mississippi Citizens Councils of the 60's. He tried to imply that they were not racist or bigoted, just concerned citizens. He failed to mention the murders and intimidation that these people took part in or turned a blind eye to.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
I think what happens is that when people talk bout an issue, it develops and grows into more of a conversation and then we get passionate about it, I would not use the word HATE, I do not think that Carl is being hateful, I do however think he is trying to get his point across, and rightfully so..
I have gone bak and forth with ATC on many issues that involve race. I WOULD use the word hate.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,717,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
My goodness. We will never get anywhere as a society with your mentality ATC. I understand your passion for the topic of reserve descrimination. But your delivery isn't helping to promote your message in a positive manner. Anyone who sees both sides will quickly separate themselves from you.
I don't think it's my mentality that is the problem here:

Quote:
None of this is right morally (I personally think it's very screwed up)
While other posters spout the real hate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins View Post
White girls selling stuff is sooo 1980's. There are many many beautiful black LADIES who are more than qualified to sell sandwiches.
Quote:
I dont get this new whites are the victim crap. How is he prejudiced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashan5 View Post
Protect whites cut me a break, whites have been protected for the last 235years (1776 Declaration of Independence) how about just hiring the best person for the job. & trust be every white woman isn't the most qualified " cash register receptionist "
Quote:
Actually it starts with white people like you who are oblivious to history. White men are now the victim?
These are racists and bigots. I said Panera is wrong for their discrimination and they came in slamming the white man.

Also from the millionth time, I'm Moderator cut: please calm downhispanic.

Last edited by Yac; 12-12-2011 at 06:00 AM..

Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 AM

659 posts, read 1,145,787 times
They are becoming the victim, its not on the scale as it was for blacks but they are, an entire segment on 60 minutes was devoted to this last year, do you think they are hateful? I don't, I believe 60 minutes to be quite liberal if you ask me, its an interesting turn we are making in our society and it deserves to be noticed, we need to be sure that NO ONE is ever discriminated against again, because its wrong to do so, no matter what your color is...geeze people!

Carl, I get it, you do not have to sit here and defend yourself, you have very VALID points and I do not think believe your hateful at all.

To everyone, just simmer down, please.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I don't think it's my mentality that is the problem here:

While other posters spout the real hate:

These are racists and bigots. I said Panera is wrong for their discrimination and they came in slamming the white man.

Also from the millionth time, I'm Moderator cut: please calm down hispanic.
Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas are black men! What is your point?Being hispanic does not justify your views. My step father and step brothers are hispanic.

Last edited by Yac; 12-12-2011 at 06:00 AM..

Old 12-09-2011, 09:56 AM

346 posts, read 537,177 times
What does everyone think of Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch... I heard they are pretty racists and superficial..

Old 12-09-2011, 09:56 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times
Quote:
Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas are black men! What is your point?.
You lost me here, Herman Cain & Clarence Thomas are racist against African Americans?

Old 12-09-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
They are becoming the victim, its not on the scale as it was for blacks but they are, an entire segment on 60 minutes was devoted to this last year, do you think they are hateful? I don't, I believe 60 minutes to be quite liberal if you ask me, its an interesting turn we are making in our society and it deserves to be noticed, we need to be sure that NO ONE is ever discriminated against again, because its wrong to do so, no matter what your color is...geeze people!

Carl, I get it, you do not have to sit here and defend yourself, you have very VALID points and I do not think believe your hateful at all.

To everyone, just simmer down, please.
Victimization boils down to money. The civil rights movement of the 40's - 70's was not really about acceptance. It was about economics. Black men returning from World War II did not want to sit and sing along side white men. They wanted equal opportunity to access employment. This would allow them to purchase homes and automobiles and send their children to college. The whole Martin Luther King thing was great but does not tell the entire story of civil rights. Most grandfathers I know never wanted to co mingle with whites, they wanted to provide for their familes and move about the nation without the threat of lynching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh