Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:28 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,534,379 times

Advertisements

A hip hop bar attracts more idiots with guns than a bar a martini bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Ironically, on the second floor of the club where the men were found shot, there’s a flyer on a wall that reads, “Always drink and shoot responsibly.” (from KDKA)
Sounds like the establishment is more to blame than people want to believe if they have a sign like that on the wall. Goodness!!!

Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
OMG. The sky is falling. Talk about being a suburbanite. You sound like a church lady. People should drink and shoot responsibly.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
OMG. The sky is falling. Talk about being a suburbanite. You sound like a church lady.

People should drink and shoot responsibly. You sound like you've never been near a gun.
If you feel a sign like that is all good, then there you go. What else could I possibly say to you? Nothing. Just agree to disagree. Here is an idea Hopes, why don't you go to the grand reopening of that place. Have a good time.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:15 PM

440 posts, read 549,951 times
No matter how much security and precautions a "bar or club" takes, there is always a possibility of trouble. It does seem like some bars promote more of a violent crowd than others. That poster is a PRIME example, its catering to a potential violent crowd, however it does seem like they went above the average security.

This is a horrible event , I give the victims family all my support. This " gangster" culture is really getting out of hand. I have been a supporter of Hip Hop music my whole life. However, these young and old people need to realize most rappers are ACTORS and portray the image. Enjoy the music and appreicate the struggles but do not immitate an image. Some of the people I went to high school with are prime examples. They come from middle to lower income familes and flock to the whole "ghetto " scene, because it is easier than striving to become a better person. (Off subject a little I know )

Old 01-03-2012, 12:31 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,633,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
I think that it's pretty common at clubs these days. I got searched at Stage AE to see Bright Eyes last summer.
They do that at all concerts. Wheteher it's Bright Eyes or Wu Tang Clan or Justin Beiber or Def Leppard

BTW, how was the show?

Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
I've been to about 70 concerts in my life and I've been patted down at nearly every one of them. Also, I agree with Hopes on this one, blame the idiot causing trouble and nothing more. I've been to tons of rap shows (Tech N9ne, Bone Thugs, etc.) and have never had a single issue with people there, it's the shows for main stream rock bands that I've had near-fist fights at.
There were lots of fights in the pit at Rob Zombie this past year.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:34 PM

An associated news story regarding the club....

Burglars steal liquor from closed Fever night club

Old 01-03-2012, 12:50 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,721,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
There were lots of fights in the pit at Rob Zombie this past year.
The shows I've had issues at were Coheed and Cambria, a radio festival (My Chemical Romance and Social Distortion played), and Dashboard Confessional (ugh). So random.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:13 AM

747 posts, read 1,232,553 times
From what I understand, there were 100+ patrons in the club prior to security arriving. One bouncer said that others (bouncers) may have been paid off to allow the guns in the club. It is usually an inside job when weapons are fired inside of a secured club. The gunmen may have used an alternate entrance and paid the bouncer 1-2K according to the bouncer who wished to remain anonymous.

There was a debate on city data concerning black professional nights in Pittsburgh and across the US. We were dubbed as "self segregationist" and I was called a racist! This incident is why we choose to peacefully party alone. This club catered to that Hip Hop Thug clientel. Most bar owners are blinded by dollar signs. The owners can charge $50.00 entrance fees (1-2 hundred VIP) and serve mostly top shelf liquor at a premium. Not to mention the sale of champaign which can go for a couple hundred dollars a pop.

The owner was warned by the DA last summer. She chose to cater to that crowd and someone lost their life because of it.

I also feel sorry for the victim and this should be a wake up call for parents to teach there children the spirit of discernment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh