Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 PM

236 posts, read 595,510 times

Advertisements

Cookout
bojangles
Tim Hortons
zaxbys
more Sonic locations
more Chick fil a locations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 09:49 PM

19 posts, read 31,277 times
I have to say Cinnabon... Im craving a good cinnamon roll! They used to have one in The mall at robinson, but it vanished!

And a definite boisterous SECOND to Carrabbas! Im so tired of seeing their commercials, remembering their food from my trip to Cleveland last year, and realizing the closest is in Boardman!

Last but not least they need to bring back the Ruby Tuesdays! I think its the best casual dining chain out there! TGI What???

Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 PM

130 posts, read 184,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrouzzo View Post
I have to say Cinnabon... Im craving a good cinnamon roll! They used to have one in The mall at robinson, but it vanished!
Closest Cinnabon is at the Airport, that is just a shame there's only one...

Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,496,662 times
Quote:
And a definite boisterous SECOND to Carrabbas! Im so tired of seeing their commercials, remembering their food from my trip to Cleveland last year, and realizing the closest is in Boardman!
I'm surprised we don't have a Carrabba's in the immediate area, either. They have been advertising a lot more here and for as long as they've been around, we're long overdue. It seems the only Italian chains we have are Olive Garden, a few Bravo, 2 Buca's and 2 Johnny Carino's. If those can do well, people would really like Carrabba's, Macaroni Grill, Maggiano's, and Brio.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 AM

606 posts, read 944,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepgh2op View Post
I'm surprised we don't have a Carrabba's in the immediate area, either.
Meh. We had one near our house in the Atlanta 'burbs when I was growing up, and I always thought it was pretty good. A few weeks ago I was on a road trip and we decided to stop at one for lunch, since we knew they had a gluten-free menu and most of the places we'd be going through were really rural and wouldn't have obvious options.

The quality was fine, I guess. It wasn't inedible. But I have never eaten anywhere so overpriced in my life! I was figuring out what the wholesale costs for the ingredients in our meals would've been, and food costs were less than 10% of the price of the meal -- possibly 5%. Ridiculous!

Old 06-26-2012, 10:05 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Quote:
I have to say Cinnabon... Im craving a good cinnamon roll!
That reminds me - instead of Cinnabon, I wish there was a Cinnamonster (or several) nearby. There used to be one up at Grove City Outlets but that franchise closed years ago.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:37 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
Quote:
Last but not least they need to bring back the Ruby Tuesdays! I think its the best casual dining chain out there! TGI What???
I don't know where you're located but if you're looking for a chain with a good menu I suggest the Houlihan's in the Galleria in Mt. Lebo. Kitchen is open late so it's been a solid backup for us when we're too late for the 'better' indie restaurants in the So. Hills.

Quote:
Bluebird Kitchen has bacon/maple cinnamon rolls in addition to a standard cream cheese icing.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 AM

429 posts, read 654,240 times
Wahoo's fish tacos.

Other comments;

Who needs a WaWa when there are plenty of Sheetz. Sheetz is western Pa, WaWa is eastern PA, no need to mix the two. When I see them mixed then I expect to be in far east central PA.

Bojangles shouldn't be expanded. It should be banned. If you eat at this place then you should seriously consider what you are doing to your body. They should force Bojangles to put the same warning labels on their food as the government does to cigarettes.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:28 PM

236 posts, read 595,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPSGuy View Post
Wahoo's fish tacos.

Other comments;

Who needs a WaWa when there are plenty of Sheetz. Sheetz is western Pa, WaWa is eastern PA, no need to mix the two. When I see them mixed then I expect to be in far east central PA.

Bojangles shouldn't be expanded. It should be banned. If you eat at this place then you should seriously consider what you are doing to your body. They should force Bojangles to put the same warning labels on their food as the government does to cigarettes.
Why do you say that about Bojangles?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:39 PM

429 posts, read 654,240 times
It is a deep fried heart-attack in a cardboard box. We got it for lunch out here many times. I felt awful each time. Deep fried chicken, greasy biscuits, with greasy fries, and slop. One lunch fed me enough calories for a month. I am not joking, but my coworker had a heart attack after going there when we got lunch a few months ago. I gave up Bojangles for lunch ever since. The guy that had the heart-attack still went there after getting out of the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh