Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 08:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Andrew Miller, Mark Melancon claim Reliever of the Year awards | HardballTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 08:42 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Maybe the reason the Cubs fans are so nasty is because they haven't won a World Series in anyone's current lifetime and probably never will. It is kind of funny in a way. Not a very successful franchise and I would imagine that would get under their fan's skin.

Ah well, the ones I talked to weren't very nice people. I told them to enjoy their visit and they pretty much said nothing. Probably a little more rude up that way.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Maybe the reason the Cubs fans are so nasty is because they haven't won a World Series in anyone's current lifetime and probably never will. It is kind of funny in a way. Not a very successful franchise and I would imagine that would get under their fan's skin.

Ah well, the ones I talked to weren't very nice people. I told them to enjoy their visit and they pretty much said nothing. Probably a little more rude up that way.
How many fans did you talk to and what did they do to make the judgement of all Cubs fans being nasty? They had the best pitcher in the league going at the time and the game was over in the first inning. Not sure what any Cubs fans could be angry about at the time.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-28-2015 at 09:18 PM..

Old 10-28-2015, 09:10 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,522,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

Seems like you have some personal things going on, and most people disagree with you. Even in a Pittsburgh forum. The Cubs aren't a successful franchise? Kind of a poor way to put it. They have a MASSIVE loyal fan base and are usually in the top 5-7 most valuable teams in the MLB year after year. Their winning (or lack there of) history is obvious, but to say they will never win a world series is just silly. They have an excellent chance within the next few years. I don't want them to as a Pirate's fan, but I'm being realistic, unlike you. You seem jaded.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:03 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,244,259 times
Well done Kansas. My pick for the World Series, not erieguy's, who as usual picked two, and both blew up. How could that happen to the all-knowing one????

Old 11-02-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
Well done Kansas. My pick for the World Series, not erieguy's, who as usual picked two, and both blew up. How could that happen to the all-knowing one????
I'm always flattered by your attention...and next time you should lay some $$$ down and make it really mean something. Better yet, at the beginning of the season when the odds can really make you some $$$.

Congrats to the Royals and their fans. They won't have to keep watching WS highlights from 1985.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-02-2015 at 10:58 AM..

Old 12-10-2015, 02:15 PM

Gene Collier: Neil Walker trade is all about the money | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Not a local sportswriter/broadcaster fan but this says it all.

Still moves to be made but looks like after only 3 winning seasons, next season is going to be interesting to say the least.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:52 PM

404 posts, read 457,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
It's Kansas City. Kansas is a state. Royals are from kcmo.

But yes us long time Royals fans are enjoying this right now. Good luck bucs! I'm pulling for you guys since moving to Pittsburgh.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
It's Kansas City. Kansas is a state. Royals are from kcmo.

But yes us long time Royals fans are enjoying this right now. Good luck bucs! I'm pulling for you guys since moving to Pittsburgh.
Happy to see the Royals step up and do what they needed to do to win.

Bucs are in a money dump situation and Buctober won't be on the calendar next season.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:32 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,989,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Happy to see the Royals step up and do what they needed to do to win.

Bucs are in a money dump situation and Buctober won't be on the calendar next season.
Not extending Walker was a sound baseball move. Would've been nice to get more than Niese, but it's a pretty fair deal from a value standpoint.

Not tendering Pedro... I was hoping his defense would improve and make this an easy call. He didn't. I'd still rather have him than not.

Not paying Happ an extra $2 mil AAV was stupid. That might be the single-most maddening move the Bucs have done in Huntington's reign. If you say you've been looking at a guy for 3 years because you like his potential, then you sign him and he's freaking brilliant, why in hell do you let him walk? If you trust Searage, you keep him. And then you say you're looking at Kazmir, who's had more breakdowns and will more expensive? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Bucs still have a competitive team, but w/o much power. Makes it hard to come back late in games with no long ball threats.

Still, if they can stay healthy, they can win 88-90 games. The Cubs' moves don't guarantee anything. Just look at the Nats. Arizona might be a bigger threat. Their OF is at least as good at the Bucs', plus they've got Goldschmidt and now some pitching.

All that considered, it's an odd year. Which means Giants win it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh