Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

The OP's opinion of North Side is offensive. It's a diverse part of the city with a significant black and white population.

It's not a dangerous area people only go to buy drugs. Concord Street is the short cut to 279N too. I drive through there often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,579,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Yep. As I stated early, this was the 50th anniversary. He wouldn't be a proud man at all. It is almost as if he didn't speak. What a shame considering his great leadership. Wow!
I was referring mostly to some of the comments on this thread. Obviously this attack is inexcusable, but it is also her word against theirs.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selltheburgh View Post
I was referring mostly to some of the comments on this thread. Obviously this attack is inexcusable, but it is also her word against theirs.
The article states that there were numerous witnesses to this brutal attack, some of whom were interviewed. If a group of thugs (even if they were female) decided to throw a bottle at my vehicle you'd better believe I'd stop and confront them. It's called having respect for the property of others.

As a white male I'm just tiring of being told I'm the only one capable of being racist when I've personally felt the sting of black-on-white racism here in the East End. If Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton say it's not racism, then it's not racism, correct?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:30 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I do feel there is a change since that Trayvon thing, but to label something as "liberal", makes you seem like.... well not bright. No offense of course, just trying to educate you a bit. Best to leave the word "liberal" out of your discussion, unless you look it up first. It is obvious you haven't a clue what the word means.
And it is obvious you haven't a clue what using scare quotes means, and to misunderstand punctuation and then express indignation makes you seem like.... well not that bright. No offense of course, just trying to educate you a bit.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:43 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selltheburgh View Post
I question her story as well. Savagely beaten on Sunday, but the injuries don't look that severe.

Something about all of it seems a little too convenient.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
I question her story as well. Savagely beaten on Sunday, but the injuries don't look that severe.

Something about all of it seems a little too convenient.
What about those who were interviewed who witnessed the attack?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 PM

Since the OP's link is broken:

Woman brutally beaten by group of teens in North Side says... | www.wpxi.com

AND

Teens face ethnic intimidation charges after brutally beating... | www.wpxi.com

Old 08-28-2013, 11:01 PM

This just infuriates me because if three white girls had thrown a bottle at a car being driven by a black girl and then beat her senseless while screaming racial slurs at her, then this would be a media firestorm. Other than WPXI no other local media outlet (even the traditionally conservative Tribune-Review) is covering it. Why?

Old 08-28-2013, 11:16 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Why isn't this all over the national media? Oh yeah. I forgot. Only we whites are capable of being racist.
Trayvon Martin is dead. A bit more serious, wouldn't you say?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:56 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times
:sigh: Just further proof that America is in sharp decline Socially, Politcally, Economically, Financially and Education.... Now every interracial violent crime is going to be seen as Racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh