Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 11:38 AM

1,010 posts, read 1,394,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Hope Yac is OK with this, not really a Pittsburgh item.

Stopped at a GetGo,(sp) to get a movie at a Redbox.

In front of the Redbox are handicapped parking spots, laid out in blue, pretty easy to see. As I park my car in the normal slots, a woman pulls up and parks in the handicapped spots. Looked pretty UN handicapped to me, didn't see a license plate or placard in her car.

God, I hate people like that. I should have crippled her.

Sorry, long day.
Now now be patient. It is small potatoes. No reason to cripple anybody.

We dont have anger problems in the region
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 01:02 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,555 times
Obviously taking handicap spot is worse.. but it even drives me crazy when suv parks directly in front of a no suv sign at sheetz. 2 spots down the restriction goes away.. walk the 8 steps.

I know it doesnt matter but its a handful of these little rules ..like the 12 item lane at giant eagle..that are clearly made for the commoners, not the very important yinzers.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:58 PM

147 posts, read 182,866 times
LOL I have a friend who doesn't look handicap on the outside, and even she had the hanging placard..and people still gave her grief about it.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:01 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
LOL I have a friend who doesn't look handicap on the outside, and even she had the hanging placard..and people still gave her grief about it.
My sister has the same problem. She's gorgeous. She looks perfectly healthy. She always has. She was born with congenital emphysema. She doesn't need oxygen but she can't walk very far without being winded. Even with a license plate, she gets grief because people assume she's using the license plate of another disabled family member who didn't join her on the shopping trip.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:11 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Hope Yac is OK with this, not really a Pittsburgh item.

Stopped at a GetGo,(sp) to get a movie at a Redbox.

In front of the Redbox are handicapped parking spots, laid out in blue, pretty easy to see. As I park my car in the normal slots, a woman pulls up and parks in the handicapped spots. Looked pretty UN handicapped to me, didn't see a license plate or placard in her car.

God, I hate people like that. I should have crippled her.

Sorry, long day.
My sister rode around in those hover-round things that Wal Mart and Target provide for handicapped people while she was pregnant. Only thing is, she started doing it IMMEDIATELY after she discovered she was pregnant. I thought that was pretty disgusting.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:05 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I would have ripped the wig off my head and screamed "You want to talk disabled, *****? I've got CANCER," all the while gesturing at her with the wig.
Yep, that would've been me too.

Anyway, it doesn't bug me as much as having spots reserved for hybrids close to the door. These are environmentalists. They should walk the farthest to have the least carbon impact.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
My sister rode around in those hover-round things that Wal Mart and Target provide for handicapped people while she was pregnant. Only thing is, she started doing it IMMEDIATELY after she discovered she was pregnant. I thought that was pretty disgusting.
Speaking of pregnant, those pregnant parking spaces annoy me.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Anyway, it doesn't bug me as much as having spots reserved for hybrids close to the door. These are environmentalists. They should walk the farthest to have the least carbon impact.
I have never seen such a parking space! Is there truly something like that?

I'll park my gas guzzler in one of them the first time I see one!

Old 10-27-2013, 01:59 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,524 times
i cant decide if an SUV being hybrid is more of an oxymoron or ironic thing.

i laugh when i see them.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:41 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,544,696 times
Have a "friend", not really, but we do business together. Years ago his wife was in an accident that left her paralyzed from the waist down. He got a handicap license, they divorced 5 years later, which is common. 30 years later, he still has the license. When he goes to work out, he parks in the handicapped spots, drives me nuts.

Sorry, I play by the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh