Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 01:00 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sounds like you need a different line of work. Also sounds like whoever you work for prospers off of the orders during the game from the fans which keeps you and many other people employed. A fan or not, much revenue comes in and employs a lot of people and circulates a lot of much needed money to the areas.
Having money in your hand is no excuse for being a jagoff, n'at. I have money. Does that mean I can be boorish and rude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 01:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Having money in your hand is no excuse for being a jagoff, n'at. I have money. Does that mean I can be boorish and rude?
Thats your opinion of the people but you still take their money to support yourself. Do whatever you like but if you don't like the people you work/deal with find another line of work. Pretty simple.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:07 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Thats your opinion of the people but you still take their money to support yourself. Do whatever you like but if you don't like the people you work/deal with find another line of work. Pretty simple.
Yep, because the economy is sizzling right now. It's red-hot.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:13 PM

Then be thankful for what you do get. Less sports, less events, less fans, less orders, less money. Better service=more money overall. Some pay better than others is all.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:36 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPANative View Post
I'm not a downer, I just think watching, reading, and listening to Pittsburgh sports fans is some of the best entertainment around. Nowhere else can you see grown adults pissing and moaning about sports like 2nd graders.
Me too. I especially like it when they flip out and destroy their own personal property.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:47 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
The fact that the Steelers are still alive for the playoffs entering the final week of the regular season after such a disastrous start is testament to the resilience of the team, as far as I'm concerned. They started 0-4, and are 7-4 since. And this is the happiest I've been about the state of the offense since 2007. In the draft, find a tall WR at some point; otherwise, focus on the defense.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Me too. I especially like it when they flip out and destroy their own personal property.
Where does that happen?

Sounds like the Bud Light commercials or perhaps in West Virginia after their games?

Old 12-26-2013, 03:50 PM

876 posts, read 1,144,339 times
Quote:
Where does that happen?

Sounds like the Bud Light commercials or perhaps in West Virginia after their games?
Unlike Pitt fans, us Mountaineers burn things properly. We're professionals when it comes to celebratory arson (unfortunately, we had few excuses for DIY bonfires this year).

I break things all the time during sporting events. All humans are violent creatures to some degree, and all of us have different means of releasing our aggression. Personally, I think throwing my keys against the wall when Jeff Locke gives up three runs in the first inning is as harmless an avenue of violent output as anything else.

All yunz "Oh, sports are for boorish slobs, I have better things to do with my time, like watch NCISIWSJAG and go buy useless shiny plastic things at the mall" folks can bugger off.

Go Stillers, Beat the Hell Outta the Brownies!

Old 12-26-2013, 04:31 PM

With the players, err minor leaguers the Pirates are signing these days, and the present players/minor leaguers theyre apparently going to put on the field, there's gonna be lots of key marks on the walls next year. I definitely don't have high hopes.

Although, the below average Steelers, due to the weakness of the AFC in general, has a team with a possible 8-8 record in position to make the playoffs so anything's possible.

Agreed, Go Stillers!!!

Last edited by erieguy; 12-26-2013 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-26-2013, 05:33 PM

20 posts, read 36,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

is anyone excited? would you rather they DONT make it and gain a higher draft pick? for the older guys, would losing to cleveland eat you up inside, even though they (the brownies) havent been a formidable force in YEARS?

discuss!
I am exited but I also know how slim the possibilites are. Right now I just take it one game at a time and pray for the best each time. I'm not one of those Steelers fans who is a fair weathered fan though. I'm with them through thick and thin no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh