Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 04:47 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,010,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Covering up heinous crimes and putting up statues to people who ignored the evidence is a "tradition".
This. One of the reasons I opted for Pitt over PSU is that the ra-ra sports culture is much more dialed back, not that people didn't sometimes behave buffoonishly en masse in the name of "athletics" or "school spirit" (see, e.g., couch fires).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 11:44 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
Can you guys give me a position-by-position breakdown of the Pitt team? Nothing too detailed, a few sentences on each position group would suffice. I'm an Oklahoma State fan and I'm going to the game on September 17th. I'll be happy to do the same for Oklahoma State if you guys care.
Quick rundown
Offensive line is one of the best in the country, 3 NFL'ers at least on it and it goes a real solid 7 deep.
Runningbacks well James Conner,
Ranking the ACC's running backs: Dalvin Cook leads the pack - ACC Blog- ESPN
read that pitt has 2 of the top 6 returning backs in ACC. A NFL calliber TE as well, but whether the new OC is smart enough to use him we will see.
QB is a solid 2nd year starter who hopefully takes the next step this year he will need to.
WR is another story, we lost our entire receiving game when TB left. There are names but if Jester Weah doesn't learn to catch you will pretty much just have to stop our run..

Defense, hard to say for sure but general consensus right now is .
DL is good, DE's are very good.
Linebackers i don't want to say they suck but a walkon just won a starting LB job so could be better. Secondary is decent, you are catching Pitt early so a lot of the better talent won't be playing yet because they are all freshmen.

Overall it was a decent defense last year and should be better this year with most of the same players. Expect WVU fans to slobber all over you for the week of the game, and if you win add an extra week.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:53 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Great win today

Old 09-10-2016, 05:52 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Great win today
We missed your preseason predictions again.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:41 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
For those who didn't see it...

Watch the story of James Conner's amazing triumph over cancer in six minutes - SBNation.com

Old 10-28-2016, 09:26 AM

3,736 posts, read 2,563,582 times
Last night (against VaTech), was the first time I had seen PITT in the 2016 season..
They lost a close game. But what I noticed most was PITT's uniforms. They were wearing dark blue jerseys & pants (no contrast between pants & jersey), and matte, dark-blue helmets.

I know nobody asked, but I thought they looked lame. Helmets are literally & figuratively dull, and the whole monochrome look was plain. Seems like PITT's been struggling to find a look for several years now. I thought the change from yellow to gold was cool, but unnecessary. I say bring back the Marino-era unis.

Other opinions (?)

Old 10-28-2016, 09:50 AM

I don't buy into the uniform tradition idea that some think makes a difference in winning.

I definitely vote for the "Marino-era units".

Old 10-28-2016, 10:57 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Last night (against VaTech), was the first time I had seen PITT in the 2016 season..
They lost a close game. But what I noticed most was PITT's uniforms. They were wearing dark blue jerseys & pants (no contrast between pants & jersey), and matte, dark-blue helmets.

I know nobody asked, but I thought they looked lame. Helmets are literally & figuratively dull, and the whole monochrome look was plain. Seems like PITT's been struggling to find a look for several years now. I thought the change from yellow to gold was cool, but unnecessary. I say bring back the Marino-era unis.

Other opinions (?)
"Lame uniforms" are not what is wrong with the program; uniforms are the least of my worries!

Old 10-28-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
"Lame uniforms" are not what is wrong with the program; uniforms are the least of my worries!
Agreed, but some feel the "script" tradition is a factor in winning. Like having their own stadium, it's just reaching for excuses. A quality coach sticking around is the most important factor.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:47 AM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,708,359 times
Last night was embarrassing for Pitt. Prime-Time nationally televised game against a ranked opponent with the conference still in reach, and you only draw 40,000 fans? Head coach acting like a child on the sidelines and after the game?

The culture of mediocrity continues..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh