Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 01:33 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,642,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...&ved=0CJUBELYD

Franklin Park is in the North Hills. The zip is Pittsburgh, PA, 15237, though I do not know if it counts as Pittsburgh for tax purposes. It's near, but not in, Sewickley. It's very suburban.
So, is this place in Franklin Park or Sewickley? Taylor Ridge Apartments Apartments in Sewickley, PA | Apartments.com
The address is Sewickley, but the description says it's located in Franklin Park, and the two places are not adjacent on the map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 01:40 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,902,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
So, is this place in Franklin Park or Sewickley? Taylor Ridge Apartments Apartments in Sewickley, PA | Apartments.com
The address is Sewickley, but the description says it's located in Franklin Park, and the two places are not adjacent on the map.
When I google that address, I get Sewickley, PA, 15143. https://www.google.com/search?q=1500...x-a&channel=sb

However, it does appear to be to the northwest of Franklin Park. I'm not familiar enough with that area to be able to tell you any more than that, unfortunately. Maybe someone who lives out that way can help.

EDIT: I googled "zipcode 15143" and it looks as if part of Franklin Park is in the Sewickley zip code: https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ed=0CH8QtgMwCg

Old 04-11-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
When I google that address, I get Sewickley, PA, 15143. https://www.google.com/search?q=1500...x-a&channel=sb

However, it does appear to be to the northwest of Franklin Park. I'm not familiar enough with that area to be able to tell you any more than that, unfortunately. Maybe someone who lives out that way can help.

EDIT: I googled "zipcode 15143" and it looks as if part of Franklin Park is in the Sewickley zip code: https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ed=0CH8QtgMwCg
I see. (I think.)

Old 04-11-2014, 02:21 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,902,474 times
Quote:
I see. (I think.)
It's 5.3 miles to Whole Foods in Wexford.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
It's 5.3 miles to Whole Foods in Wexford.
Is that Earth miles, or Pittsburgh miles where it takes twice as long to travel anywhere because there are no straight lines?

Old 04-11-2014, 02:35 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,267,438 times
Quote:
Is that Earth miles, or Pittsburgh miles where it takes twice as long to travel anywhere because there are no straight lines?

Earth miles, I think. The Taylor Ridge isn't far from the Wexford exit on I79, and from there its only a couple of miles to US 19, Whole Foods is on the left hand side if you're going south on 19 from Wexford.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:35 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,657,036 times
Taylor Ridge is within the independent municipality of Franklin Park Borough (we call towns "boroughs" in PA). That's not part of the city limits of Pittsburgh. A commute to Downtown from here would be fairly easy, as you could take Nicholson Road south to a left onto McDevitt Road to a right onto McAleer Road to a left onto Mount Nebo Road to get the Parkway North (I-279) inbound at Campe Horne Road, where you'll also find a Home Depot, Giant Eagle Grocery Store, Target, and Sam's Club. You could also take Rochester Road down from the apartment complex to Campe Horne Road. Be advised this environment is very suburban in nature.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:31 PM

129 posts, read 161,102 times
If you don't mind living a little farther north, Seven Fields or Cranberry township are decent areas w/ newer houses & apartments that may meet your interior requirements.
There's plenty of grocery stores & restaurants around, and takes about 30 - 40 min to get downtown.
I myself live in this area, and have liked it so far.

Here are a few apartment/townhouse communities in the area that you can check out:
Chatham Commons, or Estates at Seven Fields
http://arbuilding.com/property-listing.asp

Rochester Village
Rochester Village Apartments | Pittsburgh apartments | Cranberry Township PA

Christopher Wren Apt
Apartments in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Christopher Wren Apartments | Wexford, PA

Adams Pointe
The Pointe at Adams Ridge

Old 04-11-2014, 04:38 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,101,269 times
Quote:
It's ROAD miles so it already includes all of the curves.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:52 AM

419 posts, read 552,270 times
Quote:
Hi All,

I will be looking for a place to rent in Pittsburgh in June or July. I'm a female professional in my 40s. I am downsizing, so I don't need a lot of space, although I prefer a 2BR if I can stay within my budget of $1200/mo. I'm looking for modern interiors in a quiet neighborhood (no college areas, please) with off-street parking, within three miles of an upscale grocery store. I would like to be able to walk to a nice restaurant or two, but I don't otherwise care about walkability. I'll most likely be working downtown, and would like to be able to drive there within 30-40 minutes. I'm not interested in neighborhoods that are "in transition," where suitability is determined street-by-street, or block-by-block. I want to live in a safe, thriving community where people care about their surroundings. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Pittsburgh metro is definitely behind the times, but the suburbs are in many ways 25-30 years stuck in the past as far as mindset and attitude. I don't think you mentioned whether or not you are married/partnered or single. If you are single, especially being in your 40s without kids, the city is your only best bet. In certain city neighborhoods, you will find more single, middle-aged childless professional women like you and thrive. Squirrel Hill, Shadyside, Highland Park, etc. Forget the suburbs. You may end up a social outcast there. They are the stereotypical soccer mom/Leave it to Beaver communities. Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh