Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 03:33 PM

28 posts, read 59,596 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at a couple of townhomes in Monroeville. What's your advice about the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 07:08 AM

780 posts, read 1,384,950 times
Decent area (not great) with lots of traffic. Depends on what specific part of Monroeville you are talking about.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:14 AM

69 posts, read 97,710 times
My sister is moving out this week while she still can.
It's on the decline. Sorry, it's the truth.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:41 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingHuman View Post
What do you mean "while she still can"? The mall shooting wasn't random, and there's no indication the suspect was mentally ill (like the white kid who stabbed up Franklin Regional High School last year). We don't know all the details yet of this incident, but I'm presuming the perpetrator, from Brackenridge, is always armed anyways for some stupid reason, saw a rival gang member or long-time enemy, tried to shoot him, and also shot innocent bystanders in the process because he sucks at shooting. The same thing happened at Edgewood Towne Centre (still busy).

White people need to take mental illness more seriously so white people stop committing these mass killings. I suffered from depression in 2009-2010 while living in VA, and instead of being helped I was ridiculed and shunned. I only ever considered killing myself---not others---but if I was also schizophrenic or something I very easily could have gone into my workplace and shot it up for being made to feel like such a loser.

Black people need to stop making excuses for the lack of parental supervision of many of their young males which permits them to enter a life of violent crime, drugs, gangs, and despair.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:02 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingHuman View Post
One shooting committed by nonresidents does not make an area unsafe. That's just ridiculous

Old 02-08-2015, 07:10 AM

1,901 posts, read 4,379,878 times
Of course I have no ideal if this guess is right but I think the motive is actually gang related. You would hope not & wish the gang problem to be this bad, but it is. 2012 the Edgewood Town Centre was shot up by rival gangsters from J-Town Wikinsburg & Braddock. In 2009or8 there was a fatal shooting between Tre Eights & Charles Street Crips in Downtown.
My guess the feud has to do with inner feuding Hill District or Homewood North gangs.

Bigger question is how did the gun get inside/why did this have to happen?

Old 02-08-2015, 07:14 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown kid View Post

Bigger question is how did the gun get inside/why did this have to happen?

Macy's doesn't have security guards and metal detectors at its entrances, and neither does the mall.

Its a pretty open space.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:41 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Macy's doesn't have security guards and metal detectors at its entrances, and neither does the mall.

Its a pretty open space.
True. It also wasn't all that long ago that an executive from Ligonier was held hostage at gunpoint (at random, may I add) in his office at Downtown's Gateway Center due to lax security.

Pittsburgh is a very trusting city. I regularly deliver Downtown to offices for my food delivery job. People often see my big insulated catering bag and my uniform and just wave me on with a smile. What if I had a bomb in the bag?

Old 02-08-2015, 08:27 AM

758 posts, read 1,227,453 times
According to the Post Gazette, the shooter and the victim exchanged words as the 3 other victims walked between the two,
the guy started shooting and they got caught in the cross fire..he specifically was looking for this guy...

Old 02-08-2015, 08:28 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
True. It also wasn't all that long ago that an executive from Ligonier was held hostage at gunpoint (at random, may I add) in his office at Downtown's Gateway Center due to lax security.

Pittsburgh is a very trusting city. I regularly deliver Downtown to offices for my food delivery job. People often see my big insulated catering bag and my uniform and just wave me on with a smile. What if I had a bomb in the bag?
Nothing new about lack of security in town's office buildiings.

Today is the anniversary of the death of Steve Kangas, who sneaked into Scaife's Oxford Center office and tried to ambush him by hiding in Scaife's latrine. Walked right on into the building with a shotgun.

And Frick was shot three times while working in his 5th Avenue office in 1892, an anarchist just walked off the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh