Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 08:39 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,819,081 times

Advertisements

Every time I turn on the news, I see that the European borders are popping at the seams with refugees pouring across the borders. Why can't these people be allowed to populate the declining steel towns? It would also solve the "lack of diversity" problem that so many people on here complain about. It also doesn't seem fair that the EU is being left alone to solve this when George W Bush caused the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 08:42 AM

1,185 posts, read 2,226,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Every time I turn on the news, I see that the European borders are popping at the seams with refugees pouring across the borders. Why can't these people be allowed to populate the declining steel towns? It would also solve the "lack of diversity" problem that so many people on here complain about. It also doesn't seem fair that the EU is being left alone to solve this when George W Bush caused the problem.
Nobody wants muslim refugees. That is the real truth. People still fear muslims especially after the sharia patrols of london and paris, the increased antisemetism against jews from muslims, the riots, all the muslim welfare junkies of europe etc. Not to mention the endless terrorism and their despicable views on women. Furthermore, how is this George W Bush's fault? Its obama's fault for not intervening

Old 09-04-2015, 08:47 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,819,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
Furthermore, how is this George W Bush's fault? Its obama's fault for not intervening
Debatable, but I think it is ironic that those countries that voted to continue the inspections and not invade Iraq are now being left to clean up the mess.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:59 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,051,958 times
Quote:
Every time I turn on the news, I see that the European borders are popping at the seams with refugees pouring across the borders. Why can't these people be allowed to populate the declining steel towns?
Your title says "Pittsburgh" and then you state, "declining steel towns". I am lost. Pittsburgh is certainly not declining. Also, no thanks to those refugees. Pittsburgh people seem to misuse the term, "diverse" and thing that means other Americans with a darker skin tone. Real diversity is people from other countries, not people born here in the US. Pittsburgh is much more diverse these days. I hear foreign language spoken daily all over the East End and that trend is continuing. That is the kind of diversity that will make Pittsburgh better.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:17 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,898,369 times
Quote:
Because
a. I've not heard them asking to come to pittsburgh
B. They're not even claiming persecution & seeking asylum in the U.S. in general
C. Not sure how low skilled, poor immigrants being brought to an area lacking any employment opportunities would be good for anyone
D. It's a European issue
E. Not sure what George Bush has to do with Bashar Al-Assad's civil war
F. Syrians are classified as 'white' which would not appease the diversity seeking crowd that only rely on non-white statistics

Old 09-04-2015, 09:24 AM

3,291 posts, read 2,785,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Because
a. I've not heard them asking to come to pittsburgh
B. They're not even claiming persecution & seeking asylum in the U.S. in general
C. Not sure how low skilled, poor immigrants being brought to an area lacking any employment opportunities would be good for anyone
D. It's a European issue
E. Not sure what George Bush has to do with Bashar Al-Assad's civil war
F. Syrians are classified as 'white' which would not appease the diversity seeking crowd that only rely on non-white statistics
Mystery solved!

Old 09-04-2015, 09:27 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,291,036 times
^^^^True dat.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:28 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,283,002 times
Pittsburgh has had Syrians living here for more than a century, mainly concentrated in the Brookline area. Maybe the Syrian churches in the area might be willing to support a few of these new refugees.

Turkey and Syria on the same continental land mass as Europe, they can walk there but they can't walk here. Europe doesn't get many migrants from Latin America for much the same reason.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:41 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,051,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I will never understand why people feel some great difference in Americans with different skin tone. Really an odd one to me.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:02 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,564,344 times
They can move to Aleppo Township.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh