Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On 04/26/2016, My Vote in the Democratic Presidential Primary for PA Will Be For...
Sec. Hillary Rodham Clinton (NY) 29 32.95%
Sen. Bernard "Bernie" Sanders (VT) 52 59.09%
I Plan to Vote for a Write-In Candidate 7 7.95%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 10:59 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times

Advertisements

"Mrs. Clinton earned this advantage by winning more states, and by bigger margins in bigger states. She has also done better in primaries than caucuses: Over all, she leads by 14 points in the national popular vote, 56 to 42 percent."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/02/up...-end.html?_r=0

Old 06-03-2016, 11:02 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
"Mrs. Clinton earned this advantage by winning more states, and by bigger margins in bigger states. She has also done better in primaries than caucuses: Over all, she leads by 14 points in the national popular vote, 56 to 42 percent."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/02/up...-end.html?_r=0
Gonna be interesting to see how it pans out. I definitely see Sanders having a better chance of beating Trump than HRC.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:35 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Gonna be interesting to see how it pans out. I definitely see Sanders having a better chance of beating Trump than HRC.
The problem is that nearly every HRC supporter I know will happily vote for Sanders if need be to defeat Trump; however, the opposite isn't the same. MOST (not all) Sanders supporters I know are going to either write Bernie's name in for the general election; vote for the Green Party or Libertarian candidate; or sit-out altogether. HRC can't win without the votes of Bernie's supporters---the young, the educated urban liberals, the independents, the college kids, the gays who still remember her publicly opposing same-sex marriage until not that long ago. I'm still not sure if I'll even vote for HRC, and I strongly dislike Trump, because I view her as being too untrustworthy.

Being so clandestine about her paid Wall Street speeches; her e-mail scandal; and other issues only makes me even LESS likely to vote for her. I'd rather HRC come right out and say "I screwed up. I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Now let's defeat Trump!" She won't do that because I believe SHE honestly believes she has nothing to hide and as never done any wrong.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:22 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
The problem is that nearly every HRC supporter I know will happily vote for Sanders if need be to defeat Trump; however, the opposite isn't the same. MOST (not all) Sanders supporters I know are going to either write Bernie's name in for the general election; vote for the Green Party or Libertarian candidate; or sit-out altogether. HRC can't win without the votes of Bernie's supporters---the young, the educated urban liberals, the independents, the college kids, the gays who still remember her publicly opposing same-sex marriage until not that long ago. I'm still not sure if I'll even vote for HRC, and I strongly dislike Trump, because I view her as being too untrustworthy.

Being so clandestine about her paid Wall Street speeches; her e-mail scandal; and other issues only makes me even LESS likely to vote for her. I'd rather HRC come right out and say "I screwed up. I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Now let's defeat Trump!" She won't do that because I believe SHE honestly believes she has nothing to hide and as never done any wrong.
She can't do that due to the legal implications.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:38 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
When Obama took office, we were losing 750,000 jobs a MONTH. The GOP had no solutions and only offered to obstruct the President. The only thing that Republicans want to do is return the policies that created the situation that resulted in losing 750,000 jobs a month. There are no Republicans capable of continuing the recovery that has happened under the President and would only take us backwards.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
When Obama took office, we were losing 750,000 jobs a MONTH. The GOP had no solutions and only offered to obstruct the President. The only thing that Republicans want to do is return the policies that created the situation that resulted in losing 750,000 jobs a month. There are no Republicans capable of continuing the recovery that has happened under the President and would only take us backwards.
You brought up the same thing not long ago but never answered about the jobs being replaced for wages far below the jobs that were lost. I'd wager most anyone can provide jobs like that.

Quality paying jobs are what's needed unless you're satisfied with fast food type pay.

Last edited by erieguy; 06-04-2016 at 05:49 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 06:31 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
First of all.

Median wages are down.

Median income is down.

Median net worth is down.

Private debt is up.

Public debt is

There is record numbers of people receiving government assistance.

There is no recovery for the working people in this country.

Second.

Both the Republicans, and Democrats are responsible for the mess the economy is in. All of the policies that created the great recession were put into place during the Clinton administration. Bill, and Hillary pushed for the policies, and the Republican controlled congress passed them, Bill signed them.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:43 PM

^I'm not saying your list of claims are, or are not accurate. But it would make sense to source them with something reputable... or even to make more specific claims. Like, since when is median income down? Has it been on a continuing downward trajectory? Since when?

Otherwise it's just baiting.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:24 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
^I'm not saying your list of claims are, or are not accurate. But it would make sense to source them with something reputable... or even to make more specific claims. Like, since when is median income down? Has it been on a continuing downward trajectory? Since when?

Otherwise it's just baiting.
Real income is down from pre-recession. The source is FRED.

You can see that there hasn't been a recovery in real income.

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred.../MEHOINUSA672N

Old 06-04-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Real income is down from pre-recession. The source is FRED.

You can see that there hasn't been a recovery in real income.

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred.../MEHOINUSA672N
Recession was in progress prior to 2008 (obviously). If it changed immediately when the Dems came into power, then we could all affirm a conspiracy at work. That's not a reasonable expectation. Your graph shows that the recession played itself out early during Obama's first term, and then it was arrested completely. Since then the graph shows recovery (with a downturn somewhere around 2012-13? It's not real clear). And it doesn't show any information post-1/2014.

So what point are you making again, and do you think your graphic supports your contention? At best, the graphic you provided has insufficient data to make any relevant claim in opposition to Joe's post about job growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh