Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On 04/26/2016, My Vote in the Democratic Presidential Primary for PA Will Be For...
Sec. Hillary Rodham Clinton (NY) 29 32.95%
Sen. Bernard "Bernie" Sanders (VT) 52 59.09%
I Plan to Vote for a Write-In Candidate 7 7.95%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 10:01 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,946,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
The whole issue could have very easily been avoided by not having a private server & using such to conduct official business in the first place. Stupid at best, criminal at worst & shady for sure.
I'm sure there are all sorts of protocols for secure government communications. Clearly she should have had someone on staff there to guide her through all of that mess. But really, in the scope of things, what happened as a result? Not much besides a lot of finger-pointing and melodrama. It's a non-issue for anyone who was not already dead-set against seeing another Clinton in the White House. Only the ditto-heads and FOX News viewers care about this crap. They're not voting for any Democrat anyway, so it's not going to be much of a factor in this election.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:41 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,886,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
I'm sure there are all sorts of protocols for secure government communications. Clearly she should have had someone on staff there to guide her through all of that mess. But really, in the scope of things, what happened as a result? Not much besides a lot of finger-pointing and melodrama. It's a non-issue for anyone who was not already dead-set against seeing another Clinton in the White House. Only the ditto-heads and FOX News viewers care about this crap. They're not voting for any Democrat anyway, so it's not going to be much of a factor in this election.
Personally I find the Clinton slush fund foundation & the family's history of trading $ for favours much more concerning among other things.
Sanders has seemed to be able to avoid most of the normal political shenanigans & shady dealings despite 30+ years in office. I find him much more palatable & will likely sit out the general if Hillary is the candidate.

I also know that changing political beliefs is an excercise in futility & no one in PA will likely have a say in choosing the nominee anyways so how bout them Pens

Old 03-06-2016, 12:42 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,390,145 times
Quote:
If the general is Clinton-Trump god help us all - though I'm not actually too worried either way as those old white guys progressives deride 230+ years ago did a pretty good job at crafting a government that restrains the executive very well.
You can always "flee" to Canada, and get back into the Commonwealth.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:42 PM

281 posts, read 340,859 times
Quote:
Personally I find the Clinton slush fund foundation & the family's history of trading $ for favours much more concerning among other things.
Sanders has seemed to be able to avoid most of the normal political shenanigans & shady dealings despite 30+ years in office. I find him much more palatable & will likely sit out the general if Hillary is the candidate.
I too prefer Sanders, but will vote Democratic no matter who the nominee is. I'm quite concerned about who gets to choose the next two or three Supreme Court justices, and don't want that done by a dog-whistling megalomaniac or a religious fanatic.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
BB,

There are two smoking guns, the private server with over 2000 classified emails on it, and Bryan Pagliano that now has immunity. The Clintons, not the government, paid Bryan Pagliano to remove the emails from the secure government server, and put them on Hillary's private server. This denies both the government access, as well the public via the FOIA. If she conspired to do this, and the fact that she paid Bryan Pagliano, would be an indicator that she was involved, that alone is a crime, separate from the issue of classified information being on her private server.

The email scandal is very real.
I don't think it is "real" at all to be honest. I hardly think Clinton is so dumb that she feels email has any privacy whatsoever. Everyone knows there is NOTHING private on the Internet! NOTHING! Even encrypted things get hacked let alone some powerful person in Washington's email. Email is pubic and everyone knows it. If anything, she was just stupid, not criminal.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:47 PM
gg

Quote:

I also know that changing political beliefs is an excercise in futility & no one in PA will likely have a say in choosing the nominee anyways so how bout them Pens
We have a lot in common. You may not like that, but I have read enough from you to know it is true. I wish we could get Sanders in as president, but the damn primaries are in a horrible order! HORRIBLE for Sanders. I wish CA and NY were much earlier. I think Sanders will do well in CA and the west coast, but they are so damn late! Sucks!

Old 03-07-2016, 07:49 AM

994 posts, read 901,639 times
PA is already in the bag for Clinton. The democratic machine in the state is very strong, and they will try to make almost every single Dem fall in line. I've seen that clown Michael Nutter, former Philly Mayor, on CNN campaigning for her when he was supposed to be on there providing unbiased election coverage.

Bet on it.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:52 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,886,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewGuy View Post
PA is already in the bag for Clinton. The democratic machine in the state is very strong, and they will try to make almost every single Dem fall in line. I've seen that clown Michael Nutter, former Philly Mayor, on CNN campaigning for her when he was supposed to be on there providing unbiased election coverage.

Bet on it.
Peduto is big on Hillary too. He doesn't support Fetterman either.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:55 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewGuy View Post

Bet on it.
You don't think PA could go Sanders?

Old 03-07-2016, 08:04 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,264,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
You don't think PA could go Sanders?
I wouldn't think so, Mrs. Clinton won easily in the 2008 primary, and Sanders is no Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh