Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 01:11 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,918,581 times

Advertisements

Could a second visit be because you missed something in the first visit, not because you liked something so much you wanted to see it again?

All of this is speculation, and every article about it always says at the end...of course we have no idea if anything we wrote (and you just read) is even remotely true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 06:32 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghaccuweather View Post
New York City, Chicago, Miami and Newark all received second Amazon visits. Looks like they will place this HQ in an expensive large city. I still think DC is their first choice.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/19/t...mpression=true
Chicago is not expensive, and actually the most logical choice.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:35 PM

615 posts, read 394,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Could a second visit be because you missed something in the first visit, not because you liked something so much you wanted to see it again?

All of this is speculation, and every article about it always says at the end...of course we have no idea if anything we wrote (and you just read) is even remotely true.
Lol everything written about Pittsburgh is speculation. Cite specific sources with government data and nobody wants to talk about it. Most likely the cities getting a second visit are because they have interest. Pittsburgh had a brief single visit. Difficulty reading between the lines?

Old 10-23-2018, 07:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Lol everything written about Pittsburgh is speculation.
Um, I think everything is "speculation". It isn't some great prediction that Pittsburgh isn't chosen, but you could predict 19 out of the 20 and be right, so not some great feat.

Seems you live to put Pittsburgh down? It is to the point of your posts really have no meaning, since it is really all the same thing over and over again. Pittsburgh offers some good things and some bad, just like most any city.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Um, I think everything is "speculation". It isn't some great prediction that Pittsburgh isn't chosen, but you could predict 19 out of the 20 and be right, so not some great feat.

Seems you live to put Pittsburgh down? It is to the point of your posts really have no meaning, since it is really all the same thing over and over again. Pittsburgh offers some good things and some bad, just like most any city.
It has plenty of meaning. Any article that is good about Pittsburgh is true. Any article that doesn’t mention Pittsburgh is bogus. I got it.

You really think Amazon didn’t have their first, second or third choice in mind long ago? A multi billion company went into it totally blind. No clue on who to choose. Or they are going to come here so they can pay lower salaries. That is really going to entice others to move here.

You’re right there have been a lot of meaningless posts on here. And most of them are by the endless boosters that have put a spin on reality.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:04 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,918,581 times
Quote:
Lol everything written about Pittsburgh is speculation. Cite specific sources with government data and nobody wants to talk about it. Most likely the cities getting a second visit are because they have interest. Pittsburgh had a brief single visit. Difficulty reading between the lines?
I don't think that by leaving Pgh out of the article that it makes the article bogus. I am sure the article is factual on the point that they visited those cities twice, however we do not know why they visited those cities twice. We also don't know if they have visited other cities, and no one knows about it. What's to say, that Amazon hasn't been sending a few employees to each city to stay for a few weeks or months, and those employees are reporting back on life in that city. We really don't know what is happening with this so again, all articles (Pgh or not) are speculation.

As for being a Pgh booster, I am. Why not? I have great life here and I like to let others know about what makes Pgh great for me. I acknowledge that not everyone's life is great here, or that Pgh is great for everyone, but its no some dystopian hell hole like some like to describe.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:40 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
It has plenty of meaning. Any article that is good about Pittsburgh is true. Any article that doesn’t mention Pittsburgh is bogus. I got it.

You really think Amazon didn’t have their first, second or third choice in mind long ago? A multi billion company went into it totally blind. No clue on who to choose. Or they are going to come here so they can pay lower salaries. That is really going to entice others to move here.

You’re right there have been a lot of meaningless posts on here. And most of them are by the endless boosters that have put a spin on reality.
Again, just the same post you always make over and over again.

Regardless if Amazon comes here or not, Pittsburgh is on a much better track than most of its peer cities. Not fist place, but doing better than so many rustbelt cities. It is much better now than in the 70's through 2010. Much better. Little Pittsburgh is doing okay.

The thread is supposed to be a little fun trying to predict. It isn't life or death for goodness sake.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
I don't think that by leaving Pgh out of the article that it makes the article bogus. I am sure the article is factual on the point that they visited those cities twice, however we do not know why they visited those cities twice. We also don't know if they have visited other cities, and no one knows about it. What's to say, that Amazon hasn't been sending a few employees to each city to stay for a few weeks or months, and those employees are reporting back on life in that city. We really don't know what is happening with this so again, all articles (Pgh or not) are speculation.

As for being a Pgh booster, I am. Why not? I have great life here and I like to let others know about what makes Pgh great for me. I acknowledge that not everyone's life is great here, or that Pgh is great for everyone, but its no some dystopian hell hole like some like to describe.
In the PG today.

Months of silence on Amazon HQ2 for Pittsburgh. What does it mean? | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 10-24-2018, 01:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
It’s highly unlikely they’d come here for a second time without meeting with Peduto or someone not knowing about it.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:23 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
I read somewhere awhile back that Amazon had returned to Pittsburgh for a second visit. Can't recall where I read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh