Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 11:56 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,334,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Confused how the race of the customer has any bearing on the issue (does the race of the employee matter too?). Also would love to know how hoping to close down a 20+ year incident free successful local business (in an area that saw virtually no one willing to invest any money in) that immediately dealt with the issue & fired the problem employee helps anyon? Methinks you’re letting a race (non-issue) get in the way of rational thought.

The way some people revel in ruining businesses and/or livelihood of others is very strange.
Double Bingo!

Old 01-18-2018, 12:29 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,084,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
What a bunch of clowns.
This is not funny, unless we imagine the more common, modern scary clown.

This shows the mob mentality that plagues our society. This is disturbing that there is this type of reaction to a guy making a living delivering pizza to already overweight people.

I hope that this incident (accosting the delivery driver) is exaggerated and maybe did not transpire exactly as we hear that it had. We have to be mildly cynical or open-minded to anything, anymore, realizing there are two sides to every story.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:55 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,608,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Confused how the race of the customer has any bearing on the issue (does the race of the employee matter too?). Also would love to know how hoping to close down a 20+ year incident free successful local business (in an area that saw virtually no one willing to invest any money in) that immediately dealt with the issue & fired the problem employee helps anyon? Methinks you’re letting a race (non-issue) get in the way of rational thought.

The way some people revel in ruining businesses and/or livelihood of others is very strange.

Happens on this board quite a bit.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:01 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,914,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
The manager obviously has a lack of respect for women. The business owners chose to hire him and should suffer the consequences. eff um.
The business owners chose to fire him. Shouldn't they be able to reap the rewards from that? Shouldn't the protests and harassment stop after they did the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
True. It was all about race for the protestors. I heard they are stopping pizza delivery guys in the area and questioning them as to who they are working for. Talk about intimidation. You couldn't pay me enough to deliver a pizza around there. That place is done. I don't think anyone would want to go back since they would be fearing for their lives.
I walked by the shop on Tuesday, at about 4:10 PM. And I did see a protester with a Pan-African/UNIA flag (the three-striped red-black-green flag). I also read a quote in one of the P-G articles about this incident, where one of the protesters was talking about "our neighborhood". But yet, they were from Beltzhoover. Across the river and up the hill. Several neighborhoods away. It made me think that "their neighborhood" was delineated not by geography, but by race.

Everybody talks about Jordan Miles. Everybody is now in an uproar about this.
People are so upset that this woman got her head slammed off of the ground. Bicycle Bill Pedutohead got involved. There are protests, massive media attention. Calls for boycotts.
But everybody stopped caring about the case of Daniel Adelman. He was the guy who got his head slammed off of the sidewalk by Pittsburgh Police outside of PPG Paints Arena this fall. And that story has just fallen absolutely by the wayside. If anything, it was worse - that abuse happened at the hands of a police officer. Whose punishment is still unknown. The violence at this pizza shop occurred at the hands of a private citizen - whose punishment is already known. He's been fired, and he's facing criminal charges.

I'm sick of the racial double-standards in our society, and the fact that our society acts like only us crackers can be racists.

Quote:
It does matter. The business will fail as a result of the managers aggression towards women. A black woman in particular. Money talks and bull ****s walks
What does her race have to do with anything? Would it have mattered more or less if it was a white woman? Or an Asian woman? Or a Jewish woman? Or a Latina?

So many things with you seem to be seen through a racial prism. And that prism seems to filter things through your own racial prejudices. You seem to be the opposite side of the same coin that you express so much outrage against.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,334,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
This is not funny, unless we imagine the more common, modern scary clown.

This shows the mob mentality that plagues our society. This is disturbing that there is this type of reaction to a guy making a living delivering pizza to already overweight people.

I hope that this incident (accosting the delivery driver) is exaggerated and maybe did not transpire exactly as we hear that it had. We have to be mildly cynical or open-minded to anything, anymore, realizing there are two sides to every story.
These aren’t funny clowns.

It’s extremely disturbing, but not at all surprising.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:28 PM

4,994 posts, read 2,002,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
The business owners chose to fire him. Shouldn't they be able to reap the rewards from that? Shouldn't the protests and harassment stop after they did the right thing?

I walked by the shop on Tuesday, at about 4:10 PM. And I did see a protester with a Pan-African/UNIA flag (the three-striped red-black-green flag). I also read a quote in one of the P-G articles about this incident, where one of the protesters was talking about "our neighborhood". But yet, they were from Beltzhoover. Across the river and up the hill. Several neighborhoods away. It made me think that "their neighborhood" was delineated not by geography, but by race.

Everybody talks about Jordan Miles. Everybody is now in an uproar about this.
People are so upset that this woman got her head slammed off of the ground. Bicycle Bill Pedutohead got involved. There are protests, massive media attention. Calls for boycotts.
But everybody stopped caring about the case of Daniel Adelman. He was the guy who got his head slammed off of the sidewalk by Pittsburgh Police outside of PPG Paints Arena this fall. And that story has just fallen absolutely by the wayside. If anything, it was worse - that abuse happened at the hands of a police officer. Whose punishment is still unknown. The violence at this pizza shop occurred at the hands of a private citizen - whose punishment is already known. He's been fired, and he's facing criminal charges.

I'm sick of the racial double-standards in our society, and the fact that our society acts like only us crackers can be racists.

What does her race have to do with anything? Would it have mattered more or less if it was a white woman? Or an Asian woman? Or a Jewish woman? Or a Latina?

So many things with you seem to be seen through a racial prism. And that prism seems to filter things through your own racial prejudices. You seem to be the opposite side of the same coin that you express so much outrage against.
To me the racists in this situation are the people protesting. They are making the situation about race when there is no evidence race had anything to do with it. A person came into the business and was causing trouble. The manager tried to address the problem and went over the line. Both parties will face criminal charges and the manager was fired. There is noting to protest and the owner of pizza shop acted appropriately.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:34 PM

4,994 posts, read 2,002,868 times
Quote:
Did she threaten to hurt other customers? Did she damage the business? I think you made that up.
Are you assuming he just went after her for new reason? Are you making that up? Read all of the articles and you will see the customer was trouble. Of course that part is being downplayed.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:43 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,469,148 times
I remember in school studying the civil rights movement and seeing pictures of black people protesting the racist restaurant industry by sitting in the "white" section of a lunch counter. They sat where they believed any American should be allowed to sit and calmly, maintaining the utmost dignity, tried to order while the crowd harrassed and even assaulted these peaceful protesters. Ultimately, it worked. People realized that there are far worse things in the world than letting a black person sit on the same stool you may sit on.

Nowadays, a restaurant manager with anger issues assaults a drunk woman, because she is a belligerent drunk, and the whole restaurant goes down in flames and pizza delivery men and women are harrasssed on the street all because mah RACISM!!!!!

Old 01-18-2018, 03:13 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,095,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGuy1 View Post
I heard they are stopping pizza delivery guys in the area and questioning them as to who they are working for. Talk about intimidation. You couldn't pay me enough to deliver a pizza around there.

Fake News? Please name a source for factual information.
No problem and it is anything but fake and to even think it is fake is interesting to me. If anything we are sheltered by the reality of the situation. Many people lost their jobs due to this drunk woman! Maybe some people that think this is fake can help feed the unemployed due to these crazy protestors.

"One of our delivery drivers was approached this weekend by two gentlemen who wanted to know what pizza shop he was from," said Anthony Preston of Pizza Parma downtown. He told Channel 11 his driver told them who they worked for and the two men left without a problem.

Link!!! Oh it is bad to say the least. This thread is a public service message to please be careful around that area. Not safe.

Fallout continues for Uptown pizza shop at center of viral video | WPXI

Old 01-18-2018, 03:57 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,420,281 times
A hard working guy gets tased by a PGH police officer for no reason in a pizza shop and not one protesters, but a drunk disorderly woman gets into a fight with a stupid man and hell breaks loose. The lady could have stopped it by leaving, she was just as much at fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh