Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 04:41 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,961,443 times

Advertisements

Washington is Charlie Brown and the Pens are Lucy, one day we might not pull the ball away at the last second...surely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 04:58 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
The view from Caps Land:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.7f04349c54a6

Old 04-24-2018, 06:12 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,961,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
‘‘Tis a dark and dismal place”

The caps themselves will be a challenge for the heart of this team. I think the Pens should be more concerned about them than any team. They’re going to throw more at the Pens than anyone else because of the history of losing to them.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:46 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
They’ll be fine. Malkin should be back and so should Hagelin unless he has a concussion.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:56 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Washington is going to win the cup this year. I hope not, but to be honest they just won 4 straight and we don't have Evgeni Malkin and Carl Hagelin!
Guentzel has a plus-10 in six games and has been lighting the lamp like Geno at his best.

The Caps are going to be raising a golf bag just like every year after the second round.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:33 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Guentzel has a plus-10 in six games and has been lighting the lamp like Geno at his best.
Guentzel is playing great, but remember the reason he has such opportunities is because how focused everyone is on Crosby that is playing insanely good this season. Just Crosby being on the ice creates openings for whoever is out there with him.

I just feel we are too banged up this year. Just too many injuries to get by the Caps. They are healthy and on a 4 game winning streak. Pretty amazing on their part and they have home ice. At least the Caps fans won't throw a ton of debris on the ice if they lose. I can't get over how classless Philly's fans really are. Really an odd city.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:40 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
‘‘Tis a dark and dismal place”

The caps themselves will be a challenge for the heart of this team. I think the Pens should be more concerned about them than any team. They’re going to throw more at the Pens than anyone else because of the history of losing to them.
The second round is a dark and dismal place for the Washington Capitals. The Capitals will be eliminated. Matt Niskanen, Brooks Orpik, T. J. Oshie, and Tom Wilson will be in the penalty box frequently because they like to intentionally injure players or do stupid acts.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:58 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Guentzel is playing great, but remember the reason he has such opportunities is because how focused everyone is on Crosby that is playing insanely good this season. Just Crosby being on the ice creates openings for whoever is out there with him.

I just feel we are too banged up this year. Just too many injuries to get by the Caps. They are healthy and on a 4 game winning streak. Pretty amazing on their part and they have home ice. At least the Caps fans won't throw a ton of debris on the ice if they lose. I can't get over how classless Philly's fans really are. Really an odd city.
Who’s banged up?

How many injuries do we have where players are confirmed not playing in the Caps series?

Old 04-24-2018, 09:53 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
I think he's assuming that the jagoffs....er, Capitals are going to engage in their trademark thuggery and take guys out.

To be clear I blamed Ovechkin and not Niskanen for Sid's concussion last year, for slashing him from behind. Nisky I think just reacted as you instinctively would if someone is falling on you. It just happened to involve raising his stick. An unintentional cross check is still a cross check, but it was Ovi's thuggery that made it happen. He also jumped into Nazem Kadri in the first round against Toronto, when Kadri lined him up for a clean hit, and turned a routine hockey play dangerous. Nobody does stuff like that the way No. 8 does.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:10 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Who’s banged up?

How many injuries do we have where players are confirmed not playing in the Caps series?
Is anyone even watching the Penguins at all on this thread? Malkin, you know one of the best players in the NHL didn't practice today due to his leg injury and he obviously missed the final game against the Fliers. Hagelin also didn't practice and he is also a big loss. There is no word if they will return or not, so yeah even if they return they won't be 100%.

This is the Caps series to lose considering the state the Penguins are in. We need everyone healthy to beat a team playing like they are. 4 game winning streak and they have a better record this year.

We can't complain though. We sure have had a great run. Hope our injured can make a recovery for next season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh