Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2019, 08:25 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
Bell - not me, i would love to have him back.

AB - yes, i kinda revel....i dont want to see his face around here. annoying b itch that he is.
I wouldn't want either of them. We don't need the diva types on a TEAM. Teams are better without the selfish players. Pittsburgh somehow is winning. Weak schedule, but we have a 4th string QB from training camp and a very hurt team from top to bottom and last game no Bouncy. Damn!

I like Pittsburgh and cheer them on especially without the idiots.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:36 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I wouldn't want either of them. We don't need the diva types on a TEAM. Teams are better without the selfish players. Pittsburgh somehow is winning. Weak schedule, but we have a 4th string QB from training camp and a very hurt team from top to bottom and last game no Bouncy. Damn!

I like Pittsburgh and cheer them on especially without the idiots.
Bell didn’t have a contract so he did nothing wrong.

AB is/was certainly a diva.

Old 12-03-2019, 10:14 AM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,857,920 times
Quote:
Bell - not me, i would love to have him back.

AB - yes, i kinda revel....i dont want to see his face around here. annoying b itch that he is.
I think it has become buyer beware for big name running backs in the NFL. I'm glad the Steelers did not re-sign Bell for the money he wanted and I'm not sure running backs are worth the long term money these days. Most of the running backs who recently signed big contracts are now average to bad, shortly after getting paid.

1) Leveon Bell- Average at best now and will be another year older after this wasted season
2) Ezekiel Elliott- Currently having his worst season, despite playing for a team with a strong offensive line
3) Todd Gurley- Currently have his worst season ever, despite finally being healthy again
4) Devonta Freeman- Playing like garbage and barely averaging above 3 yards a carry. Definitely his worst season ever
5) David Johnson- Not only is he having his worst season ever, but he has been demoted to third string

Old 12-03-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
I think it has become buyer beware for big name running backs in the NFL. I'm glad the Steelers did not re-sign Bell for the money he wanted and I'm not sure running backs are worth the long term money these days. Most of the running backs who recently signed big contracts are now average to bad, shortly after getting paid.

1) Leveon Bell- Average at best now and will be another year older after this wasted season
2) Ezekiel Elliott- Currently having his worst season, despite playing for a team with a strong offensive line
3) Todd Gurley- Currently have his worst season ever, despite finally being healthy again
4) Devonta Freeman- Playing like garbage and barely averaging above 3 yards a carry. Definitely his worst season ever
5) David Johnson- Not only is he having his worst season ever, but he has been demoted to third string
Bell is playing for the Jets and still has almost 1000 all purpose yards. Playing for the Stiller’s he’d have much better numbers, which is why they tried to get him back.

Freeman is playing for Atlanta and still has 3.4 ypc.

Both horrible teams.

Elliott is 6th in the league in rushing, only 185 yards off the league lead, and 5th in all purpose yards.

Gurley is averaging 4.2 ypc, just not getting the carries, and Johnson is averaging 4 yards per carry.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:44 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bell didn’t have a contract so he did nothing wrong.

AB is/was certainly a diva.
Thank you! I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand. The franchise tag is awful for running backs. He played under it once, and he told them he wouldn't play under it again, and he kept his word. AB had a contract, and wanted to get out from it. Screw him, he's a bum!

Old 12-03-2019, 06:46 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,277 times
Quote:
Except for new england, their showing was pretty respectable vs. seattle, sf, and baltimore - all tough teams. of course, a loss is a loss, but its not like they've been at cininatti's level of play for those games.

its been a weird season, definitely.
Yeah, they played all three of those teams down to the wire, and only had Ben for one half. It was really a front loaded schedule.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
Thank you! I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand. The franchise tag is awful for running backs. He played under it once, and he told them he wouldn't play under it again, and he kept his word. AB had a contract, and wanted to get out from it. Screw him, he's a bum!
It’s hard for them to understand because they don’t know how the NFL works, Bell hurt their feelings, and because he makes a lot of money and they think he should play no matter what.

Bingo

Last edited by erieguy; 12-03-2019 at 06:57 PM..

Old 12-03-2019, 07:03 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,857,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
I agree with your logic here, but Bell was offered a contract by the Steelers and he turned it down. In fact, Bell was offered a $70 million contract over 5 years with with $33 million in guaranteed money over the first 2 years by the Steelers. Bell turned this deal down because he thought he could get more guaranteed money and he wanted approximately $17 million per year salary. Turns out Bell was wrong and he only got a $52.5 million 4 year contract with the Jets that included $25 million in guaranteed money. Either way you look at it Bell lost at least $10 million+ with Jet's contract and sat out a year missing out on significant money. I have no ill will toward Bell, but I'm glad the Steelers didn't re-sign him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...-the-steelers/
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...ting-out-2018/

Old 12-03-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I agree with your logic here, but Bell was offered a contract by the Steelers and he turned it down. In fact, Bell was offered a $70 million contract over 5 years with with $33 million in guaranteed money over the first 2 years by the Steelers. Bell turned this deal down because he thought he could get more guaranteed money and he wanted approximately $17 million per year salary. Turns out Bell was wrong and he only got a $52.5 million 4 year contract with the Jets that included $25 million in guaranteed money. Either way you look at it Bell lost at least $10 million+ with Jet's contract and sat out a year missing out on significant money. I have no ill will toward Bell, but I'm glad the Steelers didn't re-sign him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...-the-steelers/
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...ting-out-2018/
https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/how-jet...eal/305199104/

Had the Stiller’s not franchise tagged him a second time he may have signed and we’d have a great back and running game. Also, the guaranteed money potential is more with the Jets.

Last edited by erieguy; 12-03-2019 at 07:23 PM..

Old 12-03-2019, 07:28 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
I have no ill will toward Bell, but I'm glad the Steelers didn't re-sign him.
Agreed. He isn't worth it at all. Steelers gave him a great deal and he wanted to leave. He will deal with his decision for the rest of his life as he will fad into nothing. He needs a good line in front of him to be good. You need a team on your side to be great. He is just okay without one. He chose himself above the team and usually you pay a price for that ego crap.

So glad he is gone and will never return. Get Ben back and this team might make a real run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh