Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 11:56 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,102,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
What did he do to threaten you?
Basically he got in my face and made some boast about making matters worse for myself. Luckily my neighbor witnessed the whole encounter and he backed off when she asked him what I had done to deserve his aggressive attitude. I didn't fight it, it was something like $14 and I later found out this was during the era when Swissvale had a reputation for corrupt police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 12:03 PM

Here's a hilarious site created by a not so enamored business owner's experience in West View.
wEST vIEW---an excess of evil in western Pennsylvania. Nepotism rules! Patronage is commonplace.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:10 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,034,992 times
Quote:
If lawns are for suckers, isn’t the backyard concrete/built to the sidewalk, too?
Well yeah, but how are they going to see your backyard is unmowed/full of weeds?

Old 08-13-2019, 12:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Well yeah, but how are they going to see your backyard is unmowed/full of weeds?
That was never in question. My response about having no lawn and having to party/bar b at home on the concrete.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Here's a hilarious site created by a not so enamored business owner's experience in West View.
wEST vIEW---an excess of evil in western Pennsylvania. Nepotism rules! Patronage is commonplace.
If in fact the Chief took it upon himself to do this on his own, then he certainly should’ve been reprimanded for it. However, it wouldn’t surprise me if the same people who defended him are the same people told him to do it, in which they all should be reprimanded.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Basically he got in my face and made some boast about making matters worse for myself. Luckily my neighbor witnessed the whole encounter and he backed off when she asked him what I had done to deserve his aggressive attitude. I didn't fight it, it was something like $14 and I later found out this was during the era when Swissvale had a reputation for corrupt police.
If in fact you simply asked for how he did his measurement then he certainly had no call to get in your face.

Personally, if I knew I was wrong, I wouldn’t have even questioned him and taken responsibility for what I did wrong.

So giving you a deserved $14 ticket makes him corrupt?

Old 08-13-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
If in fact you simply asked for how he did his measurement then he certainly had no call to get in your face.

Personally, if I knew I was wrong, I wouldn’t have even questioned him and taken responsibility for what I did wrong.

So giving you a deserved $14 ticket makes him corrupt?
I had no way of telling whether or not I was in violation and he didn't either. I do not automatically give cops a pass, maybe you do. A boot is by no means a method to determine such things and when I questioned him he became hostile. I would say ticketing me with some dubious BS is indeed a corrupt practice.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I had no way of telling whether or not I was in violation and he didn't either. I do not automatically give cops a pass, maybe you do. A boot is by no means a method to determine such things and when I questioned him he became hostile. I would say ticketing me with some dubious BS is indeed a corrupt practice.
So did you measure how far away you were?

I don’t give anyone a free pass, I simply take responsibility for my actions rather than blaming someone else...and it’s not hard to tell if something is longer than 12”.

You should’ve fought it if you thought you were indeed right, however, I guarantee you’re not going to find any cop anywhere using a ruler. Interesting you mentioning the boot, as there was an episode of “Parking Wars” where a parking enforcement officer used the same method.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
So did you measure how far away you were?

I don’t give anyone a free pass, however, it’s not hard to tell if something is longer than 12”.

You should’ve fought it if you thought you were indeed right, however, I guarantee you’re not going to find any cop anywhere using a ruler.
Good thing we don't expect them to accurately assess how fast a car is going based on their judgement of speed and physics...

Old 08-13-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Good thing we don't expect them to accurately assess how fast a car is going based on their judgement of speed and physics...
Nice strawman argument, but being able to recognize 12” is pretty simple, and almost as simple as measuring one’s footwear to get an exact length.

What do you think the cop is getting out of writing $14 tickets, that you think makes him corrupt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh