Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2020, 03:50 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times

Advertisements

I am really lost on this. There was a time when people though police should be more integrated into communities and now they don't even want them around? I think these protestors are really dumb, but I am open to other's thoughts. One would think people want police in their communities to be more involved in local happenings. Zone 5 was completely isolated on Washington Blvd. That used to be views ad not good. What changed? I want police in East Liberty, so they are into the community more. Playing basketball with kids and more.

https://www.wtae.com/article/stop-th...68491/33513388
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 03:53 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,962,137 times
I never understood the initial move Washington Blvd to begin with. The Penn Circle building is beautiful and should be preserved.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I never understood the initial move Washington Blvd to begin with. The Penn Circle building is beautiful and should be preserved.
I believe it was always supposed to be a temporary move so they could renovate. I also love the old Penn Circle building. It could be on an old TV show. Washington Blvd is a POS in my humble opinion.

Ah I guess some just hate all cops. I think Pittsburgh Police do a pretty good job. It certainly isn't an easy one.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:57 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,045,519 times
Wait, I'm confused. They're talking about The Detectives Building right? It was bought/rehabbed by Schoolhouse Electric for a showroom and offices. How could they move their HQ back into it?

Edit: Wait, they're talking about the building used by the Fire Department across the street?

Old 08-04-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Wait, I'm confused. They're talking about The Detectives Building right? It was bought/rehabbed by Schoolhouse Electric for a showroom and offices. How could they move their HQ back into it?

Edit: Wait, they're talking about the building used by the Fire Department across the street?
I believe it shares the walls of the Fire Department building across from McDonalds on Broad. I could be wrong, but will find out for sure tomorrow as I know a TON of cops.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:45 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,962,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post

The fire and police station was a combined facility up until a few years ago. If you have not been to Schoolhouse Electric you should go. They have the illest fixtures and hardware period. Everything is high quality and unique. The little coffee shop is pretty good as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh