Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 04:54 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,017 times

Advertisements

I enjoy football but I have zero interest in listening to coverage of high school football on the radio.

I wonder if it's mainly people that have no connection to college/university sports, as someone that attended or graduated from college, that is interested in listening to or broadcasting high school football coverage. I can understand a parent being interested in their kids' participation in sports, but this doesn't seem to drive the interests of these guys on the radio. I can also see a casual interest from the standpoint of knowing who is a talent prospect for college recruitment, maybe.

For some of these guys, high school is 30 or more years behind them. I find the super enthusiastic immersion in and coverage of these games to be a bit odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 05:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,253,481 times
High School football is hugely popular in SW Pa, and a reason it’s broadcasted on the radio, and why championship games are televised.

Old 11-28-2021, 05:30 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,691,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
I enjoy football but I have zero interest in listening to coverage of high school football on the radio.

I wonder if it's mainly people that have no connection to college/university sports, as someone that attended or graduated from college, that is interested in listening to or broadcasting high school football coverage. I can understand a parent being interested in their kids' participation in sports, but this doesn't seem to drive the interests of these guys on the radio. I can also see a casual interest from the standpoint of knowing who is a talent prospect for college recruitment, maybe.

For some of these guys, high school is 30 or more years behind them. I find the super enthusiastic immersion in and coverage of these games to be a bit odd.
So interest in and coverage of high school games is a "bit odd," but interest in college and NFL football is normal and OK?

Old 11-28-2021, 08:47 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,690,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post

Watching the game on tv is exciting. The Penn Trafford win was amazing. I’d rather watch highschool or college. Pro football has become a joke. It’s like WWF.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Watching the game on tv is exciting. The Penn Trafford win was amazing. I’d rather watch highschool or college. Pro football has become a joke. It’s like WWF.
Why is pro football like the World Wildlife Fund?

Old 11-29-2021, 03:36 AM

45,502 posts, read 60,734,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
High School football is hugely popular in SW Pa, and a reason it’s broadcasted on the radio, and why championship games are televised.
All of Western PA really. I remember a number of years ago having to drive up on Friday evenings and every radio station was broadcasting a high school game.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Why is pro football like the World Wildlife Fund?
World Wrestling Federation. Now I see it’s called WWE. Shows you I don’t watch it.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
World Wrestling Federation. Now I see it’s called WWE. Shows you I don’t watch it.
How is the NFL like fake wrestling?

Old 11-29-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
How is the NFL like fake wrestling?
Comes off as cheap, fixed and Bush-league.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Comes off as cheap, fixed and Bush-league.
Yet you say you don’t watch fake wrestling.

Opinions vary. It’s a multi-billion $$$ business and the most popular league in the country

Why does it come off as cheap, fixed and Bush-league?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh