Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 07:28 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,060,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
Not everyone is rich and can afford to buy a home
i get what you mean, but people dont just plop down the money at will. you save, you plan ahead, you cut corners. then, you pour your life savings into a home and regret it once it needs a new roof or your neighbors are having their crack friends over again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 09:18 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,002,895 times
Quote:
Average 1 bedroom rent in Philadelphia is $1,500 a month, why pay the average 1 bedroom rent of $1,420 to live in Pittsburgh when you can live in Philly instead and have better amenities, better public transportation, better weather, more opportunities for almost the same price point?
Crime is too high there. It is one of the worst cities in the US for violent crime. There is no excuse for how that place is run. It is third world at best. Sorry, but the truth is the truth. Have a great night.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:22 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,397,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Crime is too high there. It is one of the worst cities in the US for violent crime. There is no excuse for how that place is run. It is third world at best. Sorry, but the truth is the truth. Have a great night.
I worked years ago around kensington ave, there is not one place in pittsburgh that even compares to that.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I worked years ago around kensington ave, there is not one place in pittsburgh that even compares to that.
Not sure I understand. Kensington is nicer than anything in Pittsburgh or worse? Philly has some nice sections, but mostly suburbs of course. The "main line" comes to mind. I love boathouse row and that area. A lot of Philly is a dump however and some very bad areas that make Homewood seem okay.

Old 08-24-2022, 02:25 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,397,943 times
Quote:
Not sure I understand. Kensington is nicer than anything in Pittsburgh or worse? Philly has some nice sections, but mostly suburbs of course. The "main line" comes to mind. I love boathouse row and that area. A lot of Philly is a dump however and some very bad areas that make Homewood seem okay.
Kensington ave are looks like it should be in another country. This video was from 2 days ago, the streets look cleaner than when i was there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZHTVIrDxJk

Old 08-24-2022, 02:30 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,232,814 times
Quote:
Kensington ave are looks like it should be in another country. This video was from 2 days ago, the streets look cleaner than when i was there.

Wow. What a cesspool that city is. A sad disgrace for sure.

Old 08-24-2022, 02:34 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,060,599 times
Quote:
see, but this is OUR country. and NOW. not that we've never had placed like this Kensington Avenue....Skid Row in Los Angeles had been precisely that since the Viet Nam War.

but more and more, it seems an accepted standard. that - litter, decay, broken souls roaming the streets- sleeping ON the street, literally, and rampant crime.

'another country'? nope, thats the modern US...not everywhere in this country, but in numerous larger urban areas, at least.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:41 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,895,822 times
Quote:
Not everyone is rich and can afford to buy a home
Hard to believe when Pittsburgh employers can't find workers.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:02 AM

Quote:

Looks like what our downtown is starting to look like. We are a little behind is all. Once we get Fetterman in we will catch up. Should be great.

Old 08-25-2022, 09:52 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,663,615 times
Quote:
Looks like what our downtown is starting to look like. We are a little behind is all. Once we get Fetterman in we will catch up. Should be great.
Naw. I work Downtown. It's not nearly this bad. With hundreds of new apartments being built, too, things should only get better. Those new rich people moving Downtown won't stand for a scene like that one in Philadelphia, and Mayor Gainey will have to take action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh