Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2022, 01:11 PM

987 posts, read 282,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Well, the government was pushing for vaccine ID cards so as to identify those my-body-my-choice people so they can illegally deny them the right to fly, pay the same $ for health insurance, in effect, to penalize those who refuse the experimental vaccines. A way worse situation then any abortion-related laws.
So you’re saying I can’t fly without a vaccine card that the government mandates that I have? Funny I just flew the other week and experienced no such thing.

However in the state of Texas right now the government is forcing people to give birth if they’ve been raped against their will.

Do you see the hypocrisy here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2022, 01:12 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,698,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Just another joint I and hopefully others won't patronize because they violate basic human rights of "my body, my choice". Hope they don't make it into the new year. Spread the word.
Quote:
basic human rights of "my body, my choice"

I would suggest they also require a flu vaccine.

Old 12-17-2022, 01:56 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,268,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post

I would suggest they also require a flu vaccine.
Suggesting biohazard suits will be next. I’m surprised we don’t see folks wearing them.

Old 12-19-2022, 10:32 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,714,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Suggesting biohazard suits will be next. I’m surprised we don’t see folks wearing them.
I would suggest submitting reproductive health records before securing a reservation.

Old 12-19-2022, 03:21 PM

He should certainly be second guessing himself as it living in fear, shutting it down, and the way he handled it was sOOO ridiculous.

Folks can only hope he’s right about this, but I wouldn’t wager on it.

“He’s not a Tom Wolf,” Wolf said. “I think he’s better than Tom Wolf, and I think Pennsylvania is going to be served very well with him at the helm.”

Gov. Tom Wolf on COVID policies: ‘I’m going to be second-guessing myself until the day I die’

https://www.wesa.fm/health-science-t...-the-day-i-die

Old 12-28-2022, 09:49 PM

Miracles never cease. Perhaps the southern border will be next.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pre...ump-xenophobic

Last edited by erieguy; 12-28-2022 at 10:17 PM..

Old 12-29-2022, 06:29 AM

1,171 posts, read 539,281 times
not sure why people have a problem with the covid vaccine - it worked out well for franco harris

13 former Allegheny County employees sue over coronavirus vaccine mandate

https://triblive.com/local/13-former...ccine-mandate/

"Thirteen former Allegheny County employees are suing the county after it denied their requests for religious and medical exemptions to receive the coronavirus vaccine.

In a federal lawsuit, the employees allege the county breached an employment contract and violated the First and Fourteenth amendments when it terminated unvaccinated employees after a Dec. 1, 2021, deadline to receive the vaccination."

and in related news

Biden signs defense bill repealing military vaccine mandate

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...ndate-00075437

"But the defense bill doesn’t bar the Pentagon from issuing a new vaccine requirement in the coming months, meaning Austin could implement a new policy once the old directive is repealed. That would likely spark a battle with the GOP-led House next year, when Republicans are expected to continue to press the Pentagon over reinstating troops who were kicked out and giving them back pay."

New law ends COVID-19 vaccine mandate for US troops

https://apnews.com/article/biden-llo...8c6886e2e2d0c5

"What appears clear is that the department won’t be forced to bring back service members who refused the vaccine and were discharged for failure to obey an order. An amendment to require their reinstatement with back pay failed to pass.

According to data compiled by the military as of early December, the Marine Corps leads the services with 3,717 Marines discharged. There have been 2,041 discharged from the Navy, 1,841 from the Army and 834 from the Air Force.

What’s not clear is if the services, who are facing recruiting challenges, will want to allow some service members to return, if they still meet all necessary fitness and other requirements."

Last edited by BUILD PENN SQUARE; 12-29-2022 at 06:38 AM..

Old 12-29-2022, 03:15 PM

15 posts, read 4,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
not sure why people have a problem with the covid vaccine - it worked out well for franco harris

"Thirteen former Allegheny County employees are suing the county after it denied their requests for religious and medical exemptions to receive the coronavirus vaccine.

In a federal lawsuit, the employees allege the county breached an employment contract and violated the First and Fourteenth amendments when it terminated unvaccinated employees after a Dec. 1, 2021, deadline to receive the vaccination."

and in related news

"But the defense bill doesn’t bar the Pentagon from issuing a new vaccine requirement in the coming months, meaning Austin could implement a new policy once the old directive is repealed. That would likely spark a battle with the GOP-led House next year, when Republicans are expected to continue to press the Pentagon over reinstating troops who were kicked out and giving them back pay."

"What appears clear is that the department won’t be forced to bring back service members who refused the vaccine and were discharged for failure to obey an order. An amendment to require their reinstatement with back pay failed to pass.

According to data compiled by the military as of early December, the Marine Corps leads the services with 3,717 Marines discharged. There have been 2,041 discharged from the Navy, 1,841 from the Army and 834 from the Air Force.

What’s not clear is if the services, who are facing recruiting challenges, will want to allow some service members to return, if they still meet all necessary fitness and other requirements."
Still waiting to find out a lot from you on this topic:

1. What effect has the GOP's anti-vaccine stance had on recruits' acceptance of the other 10 - 11 shots/vaccines that they are required to take? And a follow-up, are you aware of the risks associated with these other shots/vaccines to the extent you purport to be aware of the risks associated with Covid vaccines; and if the answer is yes, please contrast and compare such risks.

2. What other orders does the GOP think our military recruits should be able to ignore/refuse?

3. When will the GOP apologize to the men and woman of our armed services who they unnecessarily and selfishly convinced not to take the vaccine?

Last edited by burghophilia-11; 12-29-2022 at 03:27 PM..

Old 12-29-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post

and in related news

Great for those suing and great to see the ridiculous mandate repealed. Long overdue.

Old 12-29-2022, 03:46 PM

15 posts, read 4,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Great for those suing and great to see the ridiculous mandate repealed. Long overdue.
Hey, Erie, remember this great one from the past year. The GOP definitely supports service member autonomy with respect to the medical decision to reject a safe vaccine, but the GOP did not support service member autonomy to actually seek treatment from the very real effects of exposure to burn pits:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/republican...ry?id=87619926

Well done, GOP! My body my choice, certainly, unless you served your country and carried out your duty and were exposed to burn pits, and suffered the consequences -- then no choice for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh