Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 08:59 AM

135 posts, read 36,070 times

Advertisements

Not a bad opinion piece:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...veness/671879/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2022, 09:52 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Stupid conversation that must end. The vaccines were proven to not work, be rather dangerous and forcing them onto and into people to keep their jobs or their school is wildly misguided, illegal and just plain dumb.

Old 12-08-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Stupid conversation that must end. The vaccines were proven to not work, be rather dangerous and forcing them onto and into people to keep their jobs or their school is wildly misguided, illegal and just plain dumb.
That's a fair opinion -- but with the military -- the commanders can send them in to face bullets, so I'm not sure how we get off telling the military that they can't mandate this vaccine, especially when troops are subject to many vaccines/shots.

If there was a danger to troops, I'm 100% behind you. However, what i fear is that, the Republicans have politicized the vaccine issue, introducing both misinformation into the ether, as well as feeling the need to continue to beat the drum against vaccine mandates because it plays well with the base. I fear they will continue to take the same tact on Ukraine support -- arguing against it in order to create a fissure, regardless of what they feel about the issue, or what is in the best interest of the country.

Dems, well, they can (hopefully) see the consequences of soft on crime policies, and they will (hopefully) course correct. For Repubs, the danger of Trumpism is that a significant portion of the electorate has now been taught to ignore what they can clearly see with their own eyes. That is a recipe for disaster.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:23 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,333 times
even the ultra-liberal atlantic magazine is starting to ask questions about the "science"

COVID Science Is Moving Backwards

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...xlovid/672378/

"Society spent billions of dollars to answer a single, urgent question: How do you combat a novel respiratory virus? Now, all of a sudden, we find ourselves a little baffled by the follow-up: How do you handle a respiratory virus that is familiar?

The first covid shots were the culmination of a project that involved governments and research institutions all around the world—a human, and humanitarian, achievement on the grandest scale. At least 12 different vaccines have since been cleared for human use. They didn’t just arrive in record time; they were also of extraordinary quality. Rigorous clinical trials demonstrated that immunization could reduce the risk of symptomatic disease by up to 95 percent.

Two years later, though, those claims no longer hold. We’re now facing down millions of infections—with no clear sense of our tweaked vaccines’ effectiveness for most of the people who take them. What’s pushing COVID science backwards?"

Old 12-08-2022, 10:23 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Bingo

Old 12-08-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
even the ultra-liberal atlantic magazine is starting to ask questions about the "science"
Nice try gaslighter -- Atlantic is not "ultra-liberal" -- many centrists, conservatives and neoconservatives publish in that magazine. BPS, I'm gonna have to give you my first one minute jagoff award for that comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV97SlYx7ko

But in any event, yea, good to re-evaluate the science - nice if folks can do it in a atmosphere where they don't have to worry about bad actors trying to play "gotcha," though.

Old 12-08-2022, 12:21 PM

1,170 posts, read 536,333 times
no matter how many shots americans take, they just can't seem to stay healthy

one thing we know for sure, it's not the shots that are making people sick - injecting things into your body is good for you (except if it's heroin)

Allegheny County already reporting over 8,000 flu cases

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/n...000-flu-cases/

"PITTSBURGH (KDKA) - The Allegheny County Health Department has reported more than 8,000 flu cases just this season, and it's only December.

In 2021-22 there were 536 cases, 30 in 2020-21 and 565 before that."

Everyone Is Sick Right Now

https://www.wired.com/story/everyone-is-sick-right-now/

"Positive tests for the flu in the United States stood at 25 percent in late November, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, compared to 8 percent at the same time of year in 2019. Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) has pushed some children’s hospitals to capacity. And Covid hospitalizations are rising again. It’s the tripledemic that epidemiologists feared—those viruses, with the help of a few other seasonal recurring ones, are working together to fuel weeks of coughing, runny noses, and fevers. So if your kids, your coworkers, and everyone you know has been feeling sick, that’s why."

Old 12-08-2022, 01:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Great news. These mandates are nonsense…and interesting how folks are disregarding my body my choice when it doesn’t fit their narrative.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...s-imminent.amp

Old 12-08-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Great news. These mandates are nonsense…and interesting how folks are disregarding my body my choice when it doesn’t fit their narrative.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...s-imminent.amp
Help me out here -- do recruits get to do the "my body my choice" thing on the other 10 - 12 shots/vaccines they are asked to take when signing up, or just the one that Republicans have chosen to politicize?

Old 12-09-2022, 10:00 AM

1,913 posts, read 739,234 times
The virus evolves too fast for vaccines to work. A family doctor told me this about coronaviruses 40 years ago. It turned out to also be true for this one.

Mandates were always just about the authoritarian personalities of Leftist pols.

Anyone who was fired for it should get an attorney and sue the company that fired them. Or better yet, sue the individuals in the company who imposed it. The BS won't stop otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh