Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 11:02 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,703,254 times

Advertisements

Probation and set free? Really? Oh, let's use the "he was off his meds.." bullsh*t excuse.

https://triblive.com/local/monroevil...ets-probation/

Enough of this coddling of criminals, druggies. This is insane. Judge Lazzara is rather inept, to say the least. And has a history of disrespecting the judicial system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 11:06 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Probation and set free? Really? Oh, let's use the "he was off his meds.." bullsh*t excuse.

Enough of this coddling of criminals, druggies. This is insane. Judge Lazzara is rather inept, to say the least. And has a history of disrespecting the judicial system
sorry to females, but i guessed right that the judge was female, without knowing anything about this Judge Lazarra.

did the schizophrenia MAKE him do that? or is he just a dick? i would think he's just a dick. maybe judge lazarra can have him babysit her kids some afternoon as part of the compassion we should have to this criminal.

edit: the story is infuritating, but "demise of our society"? there HAVE been bad judgements or seemingly miscarriages of justice now and then for a long time. nothing is perfect. so maybe its not quite the end of everything as we know it, svband.

Old 11-15-2022, 11:08 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,397,068 times
Quote:

That is what the country wants. They would rather blame the victim instead of the criminal. I would guarantee if i catch someone and took out my own justice i would rot in jail while the criminal gets set free.

Old 11-15-2022, 11:14 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
That is what the country wants. They would rather blame the victim instead of the criminal. I would guarantee if i catch someone and took out my own justice i would rot in jail while the criminal gets set free.
Bingo….and this loser will do it again just like so many other poor entitled criminals due to the enablers voting soft on crime powers that be into office….and many of the same folks will blame the meanie police officers for doing their jobs. I always hope the victim is someone, or is friends with or who is related to those that defend and enable these loser criminals so they at least reap what they sow.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-15-2022 at 11:24 AM..

Old 11-15-2022, 11:31 AM

1,913 posts, read 740,839 times
The answer is to pass legislation holding judges criminally responsible for crimes committed by those they released. The problem would be solved the next day.

It's the same with the morons who took on too much college debt. Make the universities pay for any forgiven loans.

Old 11-15-2022, 11:35 AM

11,510 posts, read 6,027,599 times
It is cause and effect. Change the cause. Many do not want to change the cause. All have to endure the effect.

Old 11-15-2022, 11:53 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,045,519 times
Should this happen? No.

The real question though is how often this stuff has happened in the past that we didn't know about.

The fact of the matter is that local media realize what gets eyeballs (these days clicks) onto stories, and it's often these sorts of shocking tales. The plural of anecdote however is not data, and decades ago these things were just swept under the rug, not covered essentially instantaneously in the local media.

Regarding "getting off" - the dude is going to be involuntarily committed to psychiatric treatment, so it's not like he will be walking free immediately. In addition, just by virtue of being a diagnosed schizophrenic it's very unlikely that a jury would find him guilty if the DA decided to not accept his plea deal and to litigate the case with all potential charges.

Old 11-15-2022, 11:54 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
The answer is to pass legislation holding judges criminally responsible for crimes committed by those they released. The problem would be solved the next day.

It's the same with the morons who took on too much college debt. Make the universities pay for any forgiven loans.
Accountability would be a wonderful thing…and judges personally becoming the victims of the losers they release would be so fitting.

Poor decision making is nobody’s fault but their own, but taking responsibility and holding them responsible unfortunately doesn’t happen often enough.

Old 11-15-2022, 11:57 AM

10,876 posts, read 4,555,654 times
The name of the book was "The Cancer Within - Libaralism and the decline of american society"

Old 11-15-2022, 11:58 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,675,257 times
Quote:

If you were the judge, what sentence would you have given him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh