Indiana: Indiana PA Street
Indiana: Christmas Morning in Indiana, PA 2005
Indiana: "Indiana Theatre and Old Courthouse in Winter"
Indiana: South 6th St, Indiana, PA
Indiana: Indiana County Courthouse User comment: This is NOT the current Indiana County Courthouse,but is, instead the old courthouse currently being used as administrative offices for a bank.
Indiana: Indiana, Pennsylvania as seen from Ridge Avenue...
Indiana: Memorial Park - Indiana, PA
Indiana: "Indiana Sunshine"
Indiana: Downtown Indiana, PA at night Christmas season
Submit your own pictures of this borough and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||22.2 years|
|Pennsylvania median age:||40.6 years|
Zip codes: 15701.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $14,931 (it was $12,317 in 2000)
Indiana borough income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $94,399 (it was $82,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $122,270; Detached houses: $127,583; Townhouses or other attached units: $53,558; In 2-unit structures: $34,701; Mobile homes: $80,180
Median gross rent in 2013: $779.
Races in Indiana, PA (2013)
- 12,28788.0%White alone
- 9086.5%Black alone
- 2281.6%Asian alone
- 2221.6%Two or more races
- 260.2%American Indian alone
- 160.1%Other race alone
|Pittsburgh or Indianapolis? (105 replies)|
|Greensburg, Indiana or Latrobe?? (17 replies)|
|Looking for a kid friendly area between Pittsburgh and Indiana (pa)? (22 replies)|
|Living in Pittsburgh? (62 replies)|
|Does Pennsylvania border a southern state? (133 replies)|
|What's the Skinny on Indiana, PA and IUP? (13 replies)|
Latest news from Indiana, PA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (26.3%), Irish (17.1%), Italian (9.9%), Polish (8.0%), English (5.6%), Scotch-Irish (2.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 03/28/1816
Elevation: 1301 feet
Land area: 1.76 square miles.
Population density: 7,964 people per square mile(high).
For population 25 years and over in Indiana:
- High school or higher: 97.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 40.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 17.6%
- Unemployed: 12.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Indiana borough:
- Never married: 73.2%
- Now married: 17.6%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 2.1%
- Divorced: 6.6%
434 residents are foreign born (1.6% Asia, 0.6% Europe, 0.4% Africa, 0.4% Latin America).
According to our research of Pennsylvania and other state lists there were 20 registered sex offenders living in Indiana, Pennsylvania as of February 09, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Indiana to the number of sex offenders is 698 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,935 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,856 (2.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Pittsburgh, PA (45.0 miles , pop. 334,563).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (215.8 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Chevy Chase Heights, PA (1.1 miles ), Ernest borough, PA (2.0 miles ), Creekside borough, PA (2.1 miles ), Lucerne Mines, PA (2.1 miles ), Homer City borough, PA (2.4 miles ), Graceton, PA (2.8 miles ), Shelocta, PA (2.8 miles) , Clymer borough, PA (2.9 miles ).
Latitude: 40.62 N, Longitude: 79.15 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +6,035 (+43.4%)
Workers who live and work in this borough: 2,882 (50.1%)
Area codes: 724, 412
|Crime rates in Indiana by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||133.7||151.6||118.7||204.3||202.0||138.8||118.2||134.9||134.7||130.3||296.1||265.9||301.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Indiana detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.58|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -508 (-3.3%).
- Educational services (20%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Construction (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Transportation and warehousing (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Accommodation and food services (18%)
- Health care and social assistance (15%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Manufacturing (5%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (5%)
- Sales and related occupations (14%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (14%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (9%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (7%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (5%)
- Sales and related occupations (20%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (17%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (5%)
- Community and social service occupations (4%)
- Healthcare support occupations (3%)
Average climate in Indiana, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Indiana-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Pennsylvania state average. It is 28% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/3/1980, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.3 miles away from the Indiana borough center injured 140 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/2/1998, a category F4 tornado 39.6 miles away from the borough center injured 5 people and caused $6 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Indiana-area historical earthquake activity is near Pennsylvania state average. It is 85% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 88.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 124.6 miles away from Indiana center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 125.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 165.3 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 305.5 miles away from Indiana center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 337.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Indiana County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Snowstorms: 2, Storms: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Dennis Douds - Football player and coach, Lawson Fiscus - Football player, Lincoln Loy McCandless - Politician, Michael Ryan - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Minnesota Twins, born: Jul 6, 1977), Patrick J. Stapleton, Jr. - Politician, Casey Haines - Ice hockey player, Henderson C. Howard - Medal of Honor recipient, Jack Sonni - Rock guitarist, Rob Drake - Baseball umpire, Samuel Steel Blair - Politician.
Hospitals in Indiana:
- INDIANA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, 835 HOSPITAL ROAD, PO BOX 788)
Dialysis Facilities in Indiana:
Home Health Centers in Indiana:
- ANEW HOME HEALTH AGENCY (AIRPORT OFFICE & PROF CENTER BLDG 2 OFFICE 223)
- HERITAGE VISITING NURSE'S AGENCY (1480 INDIAN SPRINGS ROAD)
- VNA OF INDIANA COUNTY (850 HOSPITAL ROAD 3RD FLOOR)
Nursing Homes in Indiana:
- BEACON RIDGE, A CHOICE COMM (1515 WAYNE AVENUE)
- CAMERON MANOR INC (1515 WAYNE AVE)
- COMMUNITIES AT INDIAN HAVEN, (1675 SALTSBURG AVENUE)
- INDIAN HAVEN/INDIANA CTY HOME (1671 SALTSBURG AVE)
- INDIANA CO HOME (1671 SATTSBURG AVE)
- INDIANA PRESBYTERIAN HOME (1155 INDIAN SPRINGS RD)
- JULIA POUND CARE CENTER (1155 INDIAN SPRINGS ROAD)
- SCENERY HILL MANOR (680 LIONS HEALTH CAMP RD)
Airports and heliports located in Indiana:
- Indiana County/Jimmy Stewart Fld/ Airport (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 300, Itinerant Ops: 3,600, Local Ops: 17,900, Military Ops: 900)
- Indiana Hospital Heliport
- Practice Football Field Heliport
- S W Jack Heliport
Colleges/Universities in Indiana:
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus (Full-time enrollment: 14,471; Location: 1011 South Dr 201 Sutton Hall; Public; Website: www.iup.edu; Offers Doctor's degree)
- Cambria-Rowe Business College-Indiana (FT enrollment: 148; Location: 422 S 13th St; Private, for-profit; Website: www.crbc.edu)
- Indiana County Technology Center (FT enrollment: 125; Location: 441 Hamill Rd; Public; Website: www.ictc.edu)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Indiana:
- Wyo Tech-Blairsville (about 13 miles; Blairsville, PA; Full-time enrollment: 2,602)
- Saint Francis University (about 29 miles; Loretto, PA; FT enrollment: 2,636)
- University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown (about 30 miles; Johnstown, PA; FT enrollment: 2,815)
- Seton Hill University (about 31 miles; Greensburg, PA; FT enrollment: 2,167)
- Westmoreland County Community College (about 35 miles; Youngwood, PA; FT enrollment: 4,669)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Altoona (about 40 miles; Altoona, PA; FT enrollment: 3,656)
- Butler County Community College (about 43 miles; Butler, PA; FT enrollment: 2,518)
Public high schools in Indiana:
- Indiana Area Shs School (Students: 839; Location: 450 N 5th St; Grades: PK-12)
- Indiana Area Junior School (Students: 751; Location: 245 N 5th St; Grades: PK-12)
- Indiana County Technology Center School (Students: 467; Location: 441 Hamill Rd; Grades: PK-12)
- Ben Franklin Elementary School (Students: 423; Location: 95 Ben Franklin Rd; Grades: PK-12)
- East Pike Elementary School (Students: 395; Location: 501 E Pike; Grades: PK-12)
- Horace Mann Elementary School (Students: 298; Location: 205 S 5th St; Grades: PK-12)
- Eisenhower Elementary School (Location: 1460 School St; Grades: PK-12)
Private elementary/middle schools in Indiana:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- RADIO STATIONS: WCCS (AM 1160 WCCS Homer City) - Renda Broadcasting WDAD (AM 1450 WDAD Indiana )- Renda Broadcasting WQMU (U92 - 92.5 FM WQMU Indiana) - Renda Broadcasting WLCY (106.3 Lucky FM WLCY Blairsville) - Renda Broadcasting
Notable location: Indiana Fire Association Central (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Main business address in Indiana include: S&T BANCORP INC (A), FIRST COMMONWEALTH FINANCIAL CORP /PA/ (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Best Western University Inn (1545 Wayne Avenue), Comfort Inn Indiana (1350 Indian Springs Road), Holiday Inn (1395 Wayne Avenue).
Court: Magisterial Court Of Indiana - County District 40-2-01 (829 Water Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 106. This is significantly worse than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.409. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 25.0 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 8.53. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.7 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 3.80. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.7 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 34.5. This is about average. Closest monitor was 13.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 21.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 11.6. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 25.0 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2009 was 0.0476. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.7 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Indiana and their reported violations in the past:PA DOT REST AREA 25 (Population served: 1,000, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:PA DOT REST AREA 26 (Population served: 1,000, Groundwater):
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:PINE RIDGE CNTY PARK (Population served: 500, Groundwater):
- One regular monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:L & M CAMPGROUND (Population served: 300, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
- 3 regular monitoring violations
Past health violations:MEADOWLANE GC (Population served: 230, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Acute (TCR) - Between OCT-2013 and DEC-2013, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-13-2014), St Public Notif received (JAN-13-2014), St Compliance achieved (JAN-13-2014), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-13-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between OCT-2013 and DEC-2013, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-13-2014), St Public Notif received (JAN-13-2014), St Compliance achieved (JAN-13-2014), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-13-2014)
- MCL, Single Sample - Between JAN-2009 and DEC-2009, Contaminant: Nitrate. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-09-2010), St Compliance achieved (JUN-09-2010)
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - Between OCT-14-2013 and NOV-14-2013, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JAN-13-2014)
- Monitoring, Check/Repeat/Confirmation - Between JUL-2009 and SEP-2009, Contaminant: Nitrate. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUN-09-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-09-2010), St Compliance achieved (JUN-09-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUN-09-2010)
- 9 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:HARMONY GROVE LUTH CH (Population served: 60, Groundwater):
- One routine major monitoring violation
Past health violations:MUSSER FORESTS INC (Population served: 26, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JUL-2013 and SEP-2013, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-18-2013), St Public Notif requested (NOV-18-2013)
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-15-2009), St Compliance achieved (JUL-15-2009)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - Between JUL-2008 and SEP-2008, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (3 times from AUG-22-2008 to AUG-22-2008), St Compliance achieved (JUL-15-2009)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In AUG-2008, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-15-2009), St Compliance achieved (2 times from JUL-15-2009 to JUL-15-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-15-2009)
- 4 routine major monitoring violations
(39.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 86.6% for Black residents, 29.8% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for American Indian residents, 30.8% for other race residents, 37.7% for two or more races residents)
|This borough:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Indiana in 2010:
- 3,609 people in college/university student housing
- 40 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
- 14 people in group homes intended for adults
- 4 people in residential treatment centers for adults
People in group quarters in Indiana in 2000:
- 3,702 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 69 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 38 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 32 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 29 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 5 people in other group homes
Indiana compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Banks with branches in Indiana (2011 data):
- S&T Bank: Indian Springs Branch, Direct Banking Center Branch, South Towne Plaza Branch, Wayne Avenue Branch, North Fourth Street Branch, at 800 Philadelphia Street. Info updated 2012/03/14: Bank assets: $4,099.9 mil, Deposits: $3,349.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 60 total offices, Holding Company: S & T Bancorp, Inc.
- First Commonwealth Bank: 119 Drive-Up Branch, Regency Mall Branch, Southtowne Plaza Branch, at 600 Philadelphia Street, West End Drive-Up Branch. Info updated 2010/11/23: Bank assets: $5,779.0 mil, Deposits: $4,511.6 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 112 total offices, Holding Company: First Commonwealth Financial Corporation
- PNC Bank, National Association: Indiana University, Ben Franklin Branch, Farmers Bank Branch. Info updated 2012/03/20: Bank assets: $263,309.6 mil, Deposits: $197,343.0 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3085 total offices, Holding Company: Pnc Financial Services Group, Inc., The
- Marion Center Bank: at 1271 Indian Springs Road, Indiana Office Branch, Willow Springs Branch. Info updated 2012/03/30: Bank assets: $249.8 mil, Deposits: $217.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Community Bankers' Corporation
- Indiana First Savings Bank: at 935 Philadelphia Street, Indiana Messenger Service, Townfair Center Office. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $269.2 mil, Deposits: $229.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 5 total offices
- Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania: Indiana Giant Eagle Branch at 475 Ben Franklin Road South, branch established on 2010/11/04. Info updated 2010/09/24: Bank assets: $32,316.9 mil, Deposits: $25,297.1 mil, headquarters in Philadelphia, PA, positive income, 396 total offices, Holding Company: Uk Financial Investments Limited
- 1st Summit Bank: Indiana Branch at 1825 Oakland Avenue, branch established on 1999/05/07. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $730.5 mil, Deposits: $653.3 mil, headquarters in Johnstown, PA, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 14 total offices, Holding Company: 1st Summit Bancorp Of Johnstown, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Indiana, Pennsylvania:
- Holiday Inn Indiana, 1395 Wayne Ave, Indiana, PA 15701 , Phone: (724) 463-3561, Fax: (724) 463-8006
- Inn Towner Motel, Rear 886 Wayne Ave, Indiana, PA 15701 , Phone: (724) 463-8726
- Budget Host Inn-towner Motel, 886 Wayne Ave Rear, Indiana, PA 15701 , Phone: (724) 463-8726
- Comfort Inn, 1350 Indian SPGS Rd, Indiana, PA 15701 , Phone: (800) 228-5150, Fax: (724) 465-7892
- Hampton Inn Indiana, 1275 Indian Springs Rd, Indiana, PA 15701 , Phone: (724) 349-7700, Fax: (724) 349-7706
- Super 8 Indiana, 111plaza Dr, Indiana, PA 15701 , Phone: (724) 349-4600, Fax: (724) 349-4605
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (69%)
- Electricity (28%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Indiana borough (based on Indiana County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Indiana County:||1.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|Indiana County:||0.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||0.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Indiana County:||3.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$34,820||$69,640||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||21||$191,434||$109,391||0||$0|
|Police - Other||6||$26,096||$52,192||7||$18,043|
|Fire - Other||1||$5,549||$66,588||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||9||$57,958||$77,277||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$6,005||$72,060||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||5||$21,509||$51,622||3||$8,955|
|Totals for Government||66||$440,646||$80,117||10||$26,998|
Indiana government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Sewerage: $4,405,000 ($313.41)
Parking Facilities: $129,000 ($9.18)
General Public Buildings: $12,000 ($0.85)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $1,344,000 ($95.62)
Sewerage: $1,294,000 ($92.07)
General - Other: $934,000 ($66.45)
Regular Highways: $491,000 ($34.93)
Parking Facilities: $487,000 ($34.65)
Central Staff Services: $187,000 ($13.30)
Fire Protection: $178,000 ($12.66)
General Public Buildings: $161,000 ($11.45)
Housing & Community Development: $120,000 ($8.54)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $119,000 ($8.47)
Parks & Recreation: $80,000 ($5.69)
Financial Administration: $79,000 ($5.62)
Solid Waste Management: $79,000 ($5.62)
Judicial and Legal Services: $32,000 ($2.28)
Libraries: $29,000 ($2.06)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $1,131,000 ($80.47)
Benefit Payments: $208,000 ($14.80)
- General - Interest on Debt: $163,000 ($11.60)
- Other Capital Outlay - Sewerage: $166,000 ($11.81)
General Public Building: $78,000 ($5.55)
Parking Facilities: $63,000 ($4.48)
Solid Waste Management: $28,000 ($1.99)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,444,000 ($173.89)
Indiana government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $2,433,000 ($173.11)
Parking Facilities: $877,000 ($62.40)
Solid Waste Management: $105,000 ($7.47)
All Other: $91,000 ($6.47)
- Employee Retirement - From Other Government: $8,000 ($0.57)
From Local Government: $2,000 ($0.14)
Interest Revenue: $-487,000 ($-34.65)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $65,000 ($4.62)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $447,000 ($31.80)
Interest Earnings: $101,000 ($7.19)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $395,000 ($28.10)
Highways: $216,000 ($15.37)
General Support: $10,000 ($0.71)
- Tax - Property: $1,204,000 ($85.66)
Individual Income: $577,000 ($41.05)
NEC: $312,000 ($22.20)
Indiana government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $3,082,000 ($219.28)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $9,774,000 ($695.41)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $12,654,000 ($900.32)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $202,000 ($14.37)
Indiana government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $4,000 ($0.28)
- Employee Retirement - Total Other Securities: $5,136,000 ($365.42)
Total Federal Securities: $1,260,000 ($89.65)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $10,856,000 ($772.39)
4.28% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,228 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved from foreign countries ($159 average AGI)
Indiana County: 0.03% Pennsylvania average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Westmoreland County, PA||0.56% ($30,446 average AGI)|
|from Cambria County, PA||0.36% ($38,737)|
|from Allegheny County, PA||0.35% ($28,802)|
4.90% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,593 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved to foreign countries ($120 average AGI)
Indiana County: 0.04% Pennsylvania average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Indiana:
- WCCS (1160 AM; 10 kW; HOMER CITY, PA; Owner: RENDA RADIO, INC.)
- WDAD (1450 AM; 1 kW; INDIANA, PA; Owner: RMS MEDIA MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAVL (910 AM; 5 kW; APOLLO, PA; Owner: EVANGEL HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY OF GOD)
- WLYE (850 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WKHB (620 AM; 6 kW; IRWIN, PA; Owner: BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WVSC (990 AM; 10 kW; SOMERSET, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WECZ (1540 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPIT (730 AM; 5 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WZSK (1040 AM; daytime; 10 kW; EVERETT, PA; Owner: NEW MILLENNIUM COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Indiana:
- WQMU (92.5 FM; INDIANA, PA; Owner: RMS MEDIA MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WIUP-FM (90.1 FM; INDIANA, PA; Owner: INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA)
- WLCY (106.3 FM; BLAIRSVILLE, PA; Owner: LONGO MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WQEJ (89.7 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: WQED MULTIMEDIA)
- WFRJ (88.9 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WKYE (95.5 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WQKK (92.1 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WPCL (97.3 FM; NORTHERN CAMBRIA, PA; Owner: HE'S ALIVE INCORPORATED)
- WMAJ-FM (104.9 FM; HOLLIDAYSBURG, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- W294AE (106.7 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- W267AC (101.3 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: ALLEGHENY MOUNTAIN NETWORK)
- WPRR (100.1 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: VITAL LICENSES, LLC)
- WFGY (98.1 FM; ALTOONA, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF PA, LLC)
- WZPT (100.7 FM; NEW KENSINGTON, PA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKYE-FM1 (95.5 FM; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: WINSTON RADIO CORPORATION)
- WBXQ (94.7 FM; CRESSON, PA; Owner: SOUNDS GOOD, INC.)
- WALY (103.9 FM; BELLWOOD, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WHPA (93.5 FM; BARNESBORO, PA; Owner: VERNAL ENTERPRISES INC.)
- WGLU (99.1 FM; EBENSBURG, PA; Owner: DAME BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBRX (94.3 FM; PATTON, PA; Owner: SHERLOCK BROADCASTING, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Indiana:
- WLLS-LP (Channel 49; INDIANA, PA; Owner: LARRY L. SCHRECONGOST)
- WCWB (Channel 22; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WCWB LICENSEE, LLC)
- WTAE-TV (Channel 4; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WTAE HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WPCB-TV (Channel 40; GREENSBURG, PA; Owner: CORNERSTONE TELEVISION, INC.)
- W25AX (Channel 25; KITTANNING, PA; Owner: TURNPIKE TELEVISION)
- WJAC-TV (Channel 6; JOHNSTOWN, PA; Owner: WPXI-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W60BL (Channel 60; BUTLER, PA; Owner: TURNPIKE TELEVISION)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 11Number of bridges
- 10m33ftTotal length
- $2,000Total costs
- 14,346Total average daily traffic
- 1,314Total average daily truck traffic
- 17,198Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Indiana, PA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 33 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 114 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Indiana)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 30 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Indiana)
|Most common first names in Indiana, PA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Indiana, PA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Indiana, PA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Maurices||1|
|American Eagle Outfitters||1||McDonald's||3|
|Bath & Body Works||1||Nike||3|
|Carson Pirie Scott||1||Pac Sun||1|
|Chevrolet||1||Papa John's Pizza||1|
|Comfort Inn||1||Pizza Hut||2|
|Fashion Bug||1||Rite Aid||1|
|Jones New York||4||Taco Bell||1|
|Little Caesars Pizza||1||Verizon Wireless||1|
|Long John Silver's||1||Walmart||1|
Indiana on our top lists:
- #32 on the list of "Top 100 cities with old houses but young residents (pop. 5,000+)"
- #41 on the list of "Top 100 cities with highest percentage of college students"
- #43 on the list of "Top 100 cities with youngest residents (pop. 5,000+)"
- #88 on the list of "Top 100 cities with strongest arts, entertainment, recreation, accommodation and food services industries (pop. 5,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Sulfur Oxides Annual air pollution readings in 2005 (µg/m3)"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Sulfur Oxides 24-hour air pollution readings in 2005 (µg/m3)"
Total of 47 patent applications in 2008-2016.