Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 01:57 PM

987 posts, read 280,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Why the continued deflection from your statement about water being contaminated likely due to fracking? Folks should really be made aware of this.

No deflection. If you read what I wrote it says " likely have contaminated water because of it."

Why the deflection on providing proof that I'll pull the D lever no matter what, and please be specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2022, 02:02 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
No deflection. If you read what I wrote it says " likely have contaminated water because of it."

Why the deflection on providing proof that I'll pull the D lever no matter what, and please be specific.
Uhhh, so trying to fit the narrative with one bad road you’re claiming is due to heavy trucks from fracking and no actual contaminated water. Got it.

You kept deflecting from answering. My mistake then. What non Democrats have you voted for?

Old 12-16-2022, 02:14 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,703,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Yes, I'm not a one issue voter. I'm not part of a cult.

Yes one road off the top of my head. There's more.

They haven't got around to fixing it over the last 5 years, but I suppose there's no reason this year won't be the year, right? lol
I'm with Curtis here. Been trying to look for a place in Washington County and no luck as anything I end up liking is close to a fracking well. Then, the sellers always want to retain the mineral rights so you have no say in what could happen on your property, etc, etc.... You see the road signs often "No Oil & Gas Trucks" -- but yeah, the edges of the roads wear down quickly due to truck traffic. I'd rather see a coal prosper and fracking go away ..

Old 12-16-2022, 02:21 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
I'm with Curtis here. Been trying to look for a place in Washington County and no luck as anything I end up liking is close to a fracking well. Then, the sellers always want to retain the mineral rights so you have no say in what could happen on your property, etc, etc.... You see the road signs often "No Oil & Gas Trucks" -- but yeah, the edges of the roads wear down quickly due to truck traffic. I'd rather see a coal prosper and fracking go away ..
So the edges of the road wear down, which can and do get fixed, and you don’t want to be near a fracking well. It makes no sense for a seller to give up mineral right unless someone wants to compensate for them.

The obvious solution is to move to a place that isn’t near fracking wells.

I’m a proponent of coal, but in no way do I want fracking to go away.

Old 12-22-2022, 11:11 AM

335 posts, read 422,675 times
I suspect a lot of people that "pulled the D lever" this year would have done otherwise, had better candidates been available under the R lever.

Anyway: the reason we have new cracker plants is because we have people that have recreational motor vehicles driving around for fun. It's because we want prepackaged lunch meat, rather than going to the deli counter and getting it cut. It's because we buy bottled water and overpackaged, unhealthy beverages because we don't like our tap water. It's because we want quick shipments from Amazon, and because we want cheap, disposable goods and damn the long-term effects. It's not any one thing or person (and I'm certainly guilty too), it's just the way we live in this country.

Old 12-22-2022, 11:18 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,703,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
I suspect a lot of people that "pulled the D lever" this year would have done otherwise, had better candidates been available under the R lever.

Anyway: the reason we have new cracker plants is because we have people that have recreational motor vehicles driving around for fun. It's because we want prepackaged lunch meat, rather than going to the deli counter and getting it cut. It's because we buy bottled water and overpackaged, unhealthy beverages because we don't like our tap water. It's because we want quick shipments from Amazon, and because we want cheap, disposable goods and damn the long-term effects. It's not any one thing or person (and I'm certainly guilty too), it's just the way we live in this country.
Very true. There are those who dislike fracking but support plastic via bottled water, unnecessary packaging, etc etc. We're all guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh